MATCH: vs Wrecsam (A) 06/11/22 FA Cup 1st Rd 12.30 🏆

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

I’ve not seen the reaction promised by the manager after the Halifax defeat.

Exactly, full of piss and wind. Just get recruiting Unsworth and start again. Don’t care how you do it, that’s your job, just do it before we go down 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, St92 said:

The 5 at the back still absolutely confuses me. I don't understand where there has been even a 5 minute spell where it has looked like it's got even a chance of success. Every team we play has all the time in the world in midfield because we don't have the bodies further up the pitch to press. If we do have the bodies, we have an isolated 1 up top.

Unsworth said in the twitter Q & A that he wants to play 433 but hasn't got the personnel too. I don't see why he can't play Sheron (aka the midfielder he has playing at CB) in midfield, then okagbue/Maynard cb, and go 4 at the back. 

totaly agree they sit too deep. No pressure, all the time in world to pick passes. He’s easy got the forward resources, Abraham, toilet, Fondop, Rooney and now hope.

full of shit DU. Can’t even get a tune out of the defenders each week and defending should be his strong point 

Negative, boring, predictable, embarrassing, hopeless, humiliating - are just a few of the adjectives I'd use to describe us.

No wonder Carragher fucked off and I suspect Abraham will soon enough he's too good to play in a team like this, isolated and hopelessly exposed.

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

totaly agree they sit too deep. No pressure, all the time in world to pick passes. He’s easy got the forward resources, Abraham, toilet, Fondop, Rooney and now hope.

full of shit DU. Can’t even get a tune out of the defenders each week and defending should be his strong point 

I'm not usually a fan of former defenders as managers. It seems like you always get negative defensive tactics.

I'm genuinely worried that we'll go down. I know this game today won't be a measure of that because we'll play far worse teams, but both Unsworth and Shez have shown a total reluctance to change the system and that's what seems to cause most of our problems.

Just now, oafcmetty said:

Exactly. Yet people expect us to setup in an attacking formation and take the game to teams. Baffling.

I'm not saying play all out attacking but if you set up as a 433 or 4231 you would have more players further up the pitch which gives more options for you to pass to and makes it easier.

As it is we have 1 maybe 2 options to pass to when in possesion, which makes it so easy to read, and therefore much easier to defend.

10 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’ve not seen the reaction promised by the manager after the Halifax defeat.

He's all talk. Promises a reaction yet changes absolutely nowt. I'm sure he'll just blame the players again despite the fact he's been working with them for 2 months and has actively made us worse, if anything 

How Cooper is a professional football honestly baffles me. I know we could say this about the majority of these clowns but my god he’s a different level of terrible.

Pray to god we don’t offer him a new contract in January and he fucks off.

3 minutes ago, St92 said:

I'm not saying play all out attacking but if you set up as a 433 or 4231 you would have more players further up the pitch which gives more options for you to pass to and makes it easier.

As it is we have 1 maybe 2 options to pass to when in possesion, which makes it so easy to read, and therefore much easier to defend.

I can’t see why he can’t put more furthe forward and go more direct when we don’t have the players who can pass plus Fondop a unit who wins headers. Get abrham, toilet or rooney off the big man and get 3 people to just close and tackle in middle. I’m sure Sunday league tactics would make us better than this defensive shite he tries every week 

Just now, Andyt84 said:

Everytime the ball goes in the box we have 4 or 5 holding hands in the middle and they always have players on the edge with time shoot.  We never press them or attack loose balls.  

That's because half our outfield players are in the back line.

2 playing wide, 1 up top

Leaves cooper and Rooney (who I think was signed as a #10) to cover all the space

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Exactly, full of piss and wind. Just get recruiting Unsworth and start again. Don’t care how you do it, that’s your job, just do it before we go down 

Look at the state of the ground, the Hollywood stars invested heavily in the team instead.

Frank is doing the exact opposite.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Look at the state of the ground, the Hollywood stars invested heavily in the team instead.

Frank is doing the exact opposite.

To be fair on this one I think it wasn't in a good condition when they inherited it. I think they're rebuilding/redeveloping that stand behind the goal

Archived