BPAS PODCAST: 21st Aug ‘23, S4E5: R.E.S.P.E.C.T

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think I do, yes, but it doesn't really matter as no directors from that period had earned any respect.

Really? I think the Director i'm talking about always conducted himself in a professional manner and had very little to do with the running of the club. I'm disappointed that you actually believe it wasn't in any way disrespectful but hey ho.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Really? I think the Director i'm talking about always conducted himself in a professional manner and had very little to do with the running of the club. I'm disappointed that you actually believe it wasn't in any way disrespectful but hey ho.

He went on the radio and said the fans were deliberately trying to kill the club. No wonder the fans didn't respect him...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Well, at least Matt got what he wanted!

I really wouldn't say he did, going out of your way to abuse the fans you sit amongst wouldn't be my way of bringing attention to yourself but hey ho, why does he think it's okay to dish it out but takes umbrage when others have a different point of view, most of the fans who have opinions on Unsworth will stand by them too, Matt Dean calling for patience is about as irrelevant as me calling for Unsworth head on here, nobody really gives a fuck but I don't think getting personal is the way to go, people dont feel triggered they just think he's talking shite and stuck up his own arse and if anything I feel it will prove to be more divisive. As for his role as a director on the Trust or whatever it is called these days the communication sent out last week with regards to their Social Media policy makes interesting reading.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I really wouldn't say he did, going out of your way to abuse the fans you sit amongst wouldn't be my way of bringing attention to yourself but hey ho, why does he think it's okay to dish it out but takes umbrage when others have a different point of view, most of the fans who have opinions on Unsworth will stand by them too, Matt Dean calling for patience is about as irrelevant as me calling for Unsworth head on here, nobody really gives a fuck but I don't think getting personal is the way to go, people dont feel triggered they just think he's talking shite and stuck up his own arse and if anything I feel it will prove to be more divisive. As for his role as a director on the Trust or whatever it is called these days the communication sent out last week with regards to their Social Media policy makes interesting reading.

My bet is that communication was a ticking box exercise, i'd be very surprised if his mates do anything about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Well he clearly did equally little in terms of effective oversight either.

36 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Why don't you name him then? Or is it that if you name him, you'll be met with a deluge of replies for the contrary?

20 minutes ago, Ackey said:

My little :locker: icon is getting twitchy folks.

It's a heated topic by its very nature, and I can see why. Don't let that heat boil over tho please, keep it civil and think kind thoughts. 

It's comical, anyone who sits above the parapet on any platform gets slatted. It appears they are fair game and anything is OK to say about them. Yet when they fight back they are bang out of order. 

That's not aimed at anyone in particular,  it happens time and time again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

My bet is that communication was a ticking box exercise, i'd be very surprised if his mates do anything about it.

Matt Dean is the best thing to happen to the foundation for a multitude of reasons. That’s before his contribution to other things such as the podcast, phone-in, end of year awards ect. 

Why you would want to ever consider suggesting he should resign shows that you along with your pals do not have this club at heart. 

Your friends literally used the foundation as a route to board room for self gain, bunch of power hungry vultures who were never qualified to be in that position in the first place. 

I’m all for debate and different views, but all you do is sit on here, pushing an agenda for the above mentioned vultures that almost killed our club. You should really consider if you genuinely have an interest/passion for Oldham football club. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Matt Dean is the best thing to happen to the foundation for a multitude of reasons. That’s before his contribution to other things such as the podcast, phone-in, end of year awards ect. 

Why you would want to ever consider suggesting he should resign shows that you along with your pals do not have this club at heart. 

Your friends literally used the foundation as a route to board room for self gain, bunch of power hungry vultures who were never qualified to be in that position in the first place. 

I’m all for debate and different views, but all you do is sit on here, pushing an agenda for the above mentioned vultures that almost killed our club. You should really consider if you genuinely have an interest/passion for Oldham football club. 

This is exactly what I posted about. Labeling people vultures to make a point of view. 

Plenty of people have sat on the trust now the foundation board,  including me.  Who are those you now label?

Let's take Matt Dean currently, he's now in a position where he will meet quite often people of roles within the club.  It's not beyond the realms of possibility firm friends will be made. The moment these friendships appear to others to be a conflict of interest he'll be slatted. Maybe you'll call him a vulture. Of course he's not right?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

For sure it is very divisive. It appears from this tweet that this was the intention. I’m not one of those who would be triggered by it as I’m not in that camp… but I do think it’s a bit childish and amateurish. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lags said:

It's comical, anyone who sits above the parapet on any platform gets slatted. It appears they are fair game and anything is OK to say about them. Yet when they fight back they are bang out of order. 

That's not aimed at anyone in particular,  it happens time and time again.

What about if you think they're both dicks?

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

If you think it... then it's right for you.  No one cares if a person only thinks it. 

Sure I'm not alone. He's seen his arse because a few geeks have sang a song about him on a train and then proceeded to call anyone who questions Unsworth a "fucking dick" or something along those lines. 

His cause is convoluted. All a bit childish.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Also think it's a bit ironic them calling for respect, when a member of the pod was shoving himself in the face of a Director at Brentford a couple of years ago with a phone in his hand, trying to record something, whilst the Director was in the Directors box with some of his employees and business associates.

😂

There's enough spin there to make you Wimbledon champion.

4 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Sure I'm not alone. He's seen his arse because a few geeks have sang a song about him on a train and then proceeded to call anyone who questions Unsworth a "fucking dick" or something along those lines. 

His cause is convoluted. All a bit childish.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same!

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Saying that the fans were "killing the club" well before the Brentford game is conducting himself in a very unprofessional manner, especially as him and the directors he represented we basically doing just that.

Personally I don't agree with the way Matt Dean has handled this particular issue, but to compare him to anyone who had a major hand in our relegation season out of the EFL (the Lemsagams, Barry, Morallee etc.) he'll have to sink to much lower depths to reach their levels of nonsense.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PeteG said:

Also think it's a bit ironic them calling for respect, when a member of the pod was shoving himself in the face of a Director at Brentford a couple of years ago with a phone in his hand, trying to record something, whilst the Director was in the Directors box with some of his employees and business associates.

:lol:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PeteG said:

maybe having directors who 'have very little to do with the running of the club' and view an actual match involving said club as a nice relaxing evening and something to be enjoyed fully sums up the attitude of your paymasters/idol and is the reason they are gone. banished. and universally mocked.

they are literally the only thing ever to unite the fanbase around a common theme. 

and you can not see that theme.

l can not wait to see the 'the face of fudicary' in person just to laugh at him. maybe even point and laugh.

• Like 2