BPAS PODCAST: 21st Aug ‘23, S4E5: R.E.S.P.E.C.T

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Bit odd that section at the start. You can’t argue with stupid. It’s probably better to simply ignore the amoebas constantly spitting vitriol (regarding Unsworth), particularly when it is in Franks direction. It’s certainly not worth going on a slightly hysterical rant about them… they’ll probably be loving that. They are a tiny minority.

Same as the amount of airtime spent on the Realistic Fans Group last season. Literally two or three cranks spouting shite in an insular group. It seemed they were getting a mention every other week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I know you and your lot think the world is caving in after four games but thankfully there's far more with a sense of perspective and patience aware that there is still well over 100 points still to play for...

Unfortunately I'm all in and they've got my money, if you have that much faith why don't you buy a ST, I've backed the Rothwells have you?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Midweek matches are a struggle for me currently so it makes more sense to POTD, that OK?

Do what you want Rob, I'm surprised you're going again tbh.

Given the way you preach how everyone should keep going regardless I'd of thought you wouldn't begrudge paying three ton to support the Rothwells but hey ho, "Fai come dico, none come faccio".

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Do what you want Rob, I'm surprised you're going again tbh.

Given the way you preach how everyone should keep going regardless I'd of thought you wouldn't begrudge paying three ton to support the Rothwells but hey ho, "Fai come dico, none come faccio".

Wouldn't want to miss out on success after watching 30 years of almost relentless shite Faz.

Oh by the way, your superfan badge is waiting for you at the ticket office.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I tend to side with @Bobledgersheart on this - it’s not down to a managers tactics that an experienced footballer cannot do the basics surely?

9 of the 11 on display at Chesterfield were scouted and signed by the current coaching staff.

If they are unable to do the basics then questions need to be asked surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Why? If you go out and aren't happy with what you pay for invariably you'll vote with your pocket, football the world over is no different.

If you went to the theatre and didn't like the performance would you walk out, or start screaming at the performers?

26 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you went to the theatre and didn't like the performance would you walk out, or start screaming at the performers?

Do you think we are the only fans who disapprove? Everton were booed off at half time yesterday, some Liverpool think Klopps outstayed his welcome last season, plenty of fans disapproving up and down the land it's how the game is, I don't chant DU blue and white army nor do I chant your football is shite but I can understand those that do because it is.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think we are the only fans who disapprove? Everton were booed off at half time yesterday, some Liverpool think Klopps outstayed his welcome last season, plenty of fans disapproving up and down the land it's how the game is, I don't chant DU blue and white army nor do I chant your football is shite but I can understand those that do because it is.

Everton were 2 down. Not drawing 0-0 when they were giving pelters. Liverpool fans can all do one. They're a different breed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Football is different to any other industry, as you well know. You are being argumentative (again) for the sake of being argumentative. 

In recent years, I have been to matches as a neutral at Halifax, Barrow, Everton, City, Stockport, Huddersfield and Rochdale. All of them have been on the backs of their team when I've been there. It's not just exclusive to Oldham Athletic...

• Like 2

Whilst I agree Matt is perfectly entitled to say what he wants on his own podcast, I seriously think he should be giving some thought to resigning from his position on the Foundation. There has been numerous instances over the years where Directors of the Trust have been pulled up for social media posts etc. It's why all Directors sign up to the social media policy. Imo you can't have a Director calling fans he's supposed to represent dickheads and wankers because they happen to want a manager who currently is underachieving sacking. Everyone is entitled to a different opinion and to call it out if they want, just not so in that manner if you want to be a Trust Director. Be interesting to see what the other Directors do but since most of them are his lapdogs I think we all know the answer to that. He should spare them the blushes and resign.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Same as the amount of airtime spent on the Realistic Fans Group last season. Literally two or three cranks spouting shite in an insular group. It seemed they were getting a mention every other week.

In fairness, certain 'cranks' were saying things like "you should die in a ditch" and "be careful, funny things can happen" and letting it be known that they knew people's addresses and workplaces. It's a bit difficult to not react to that. 

• Like 1

Also think it's a bit ironic them calling for respect, when a member of the pod was shoving himself in the face of a Director at Brentford a couple of years ago with a phone in his hand, trying to record something, whilst the Director was in the Directors box with some of his employees and business associates.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

In fairness, certain 'cranks' were saying things like "you should die in a ditch" and "be careful, funny things can happen" and letting it be known that they knew people's addresses and workplaces. It's a bit difficult to not react to that. 

I did know about that and get that. I still think they got far too much airtime, not just on the podcast, but on social media too when they should have been ignored and blocked.

A pretty horrible episode for you no doubt. Did you report this hateful stuff to the police? To me, it was certainly a hateful conduct crime.

What they were all about was extremism. And all extremists should never have their message amplified.

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Also think it's a bit ironic them calling for respect, when a member of the pod was shoving himself in the face of a Director at Brentford a couple of years ago with a phone in his hand, trying to record something, whilst the Director was in the Directors box with some of his employees and business associates.

Respect is earned.  Said director hadn't done so.  Quite the opposite.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Whilst I agree Matt is perfectly entitled to say what he wants on his own podcast, I seriously think he should be giving some thought to resigning from his position on the Foundation. There has been numerous instances over the years where Directors of the Trust have been pulled up for social media posts etc. It's why all Directors sign up to the social media policy. Imo you can't have a Director calling fans he's supposed to represent dickheads and wankers because they happen to want a manager who currently is underachieving sacking. Everyone is entitled to a different opinion and to call it out if they want, just not so in that manner if you want to be a Trust Director. Be interesting to see what the other Directors do but since most of them are his lapdogs I think we all know the answer to that. He should spare them the blushes and resign.

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Another week of being firmly inserted in Barry’s arsehole I see. Weird bloke you. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

From the footage, he wasn't being aggressive. Looks to me 'Pete', you're trying to support and sympathise with the old regime here. Just let it go.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Come on Mike, you've seen the video, the questions were asked in a respectful way, it wasn't confrontist. 

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Football is different to any other industry, as you well know. You are being argumentative (again) for the sake of being argumentative. 

In recent years, I have been to matches as a neutral at Halifax, Barrow, Everton, City, Stockport, Huddersfield and Rochdale. All of them have been on the backs of their team when I've been there. It's not just exclusive to Oldham Athletic...

Of course everyone gets on their teams backs but even with all the shite we've seen over the years I don't remember too much booing 30 mins into a game, unless we maybe getting absolutely pumped at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

From the footage, he wasn't being aggressive. Looks to me 'Pete', you're trying to support and sympathise with the old regime here. Just let it go.

I'm merely making a comparison. The Director was in the Directors box with employees and business associates, Frank was in the away end and people weren't aggressive to him either, just shouting Frank, get him gone. If you can't see the hypocrisy I can't help you.

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Come on Mike, you've seen the video, the questions were asked in a respectful way, it wasn't confrontist. 

He was invading someone's personal space whilst trying to enjoy his evening with employees and associates.