BPAS PODCAST: 21st Aug ‘23, S4E5: R.E.S.P.E.C.T

31 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Think I’ll give the pod a swerve for a while. Anyone who says “we can all have an opinion, but shut the fuck up”  really needs to heed his own advice.

Matt didn't actually say that but if you want to get angry at someone for holding an opinion they don't have then knock yourself out.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Matt didn't actually say that but if you want to get angry at someone for holding an opinion they don't have then knock yourself out.

I’m sure he did, or words to that effect anyway. I’m not angry, I just can’t be arsed to listen to it anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I’m sure he did, or words to that effect anyway. I’m not angry, I just can’t be arsed to listen to it anymore.

Hes was having a pop at the people jeering and singing that David Unsworths football is shit which is doing us no favours and people who've taken a personsl pop at him. If you don't rate the manager but back the team I think that's a rationale enough point of view.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes was having a pop at the people jeering and singing that David Unsworths football is shit which is doing us no favours and people who've taken a personsl pop at him. If you don't rate the manager but back the team I think that's a rationale enough point of view.

I’m no Unsworth fan, but didn’t join in any of that and I’m not for firing him off yet anyway.

Ultimately he lost his shit, as he seems to do most weeks, and I can’t be arsed listening to his weekly rants, so I won’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He did to be fair, in those exact words. I think Matt may secretly regret his rant a little, he’ll never admit it of course. It was all a bit silly.

I think the clowns shouting and screaming obscenities at Unsworth should just be ignored. It’s not difficult. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Bet they will be gutted 

Yeah, probably why they’re all over social media asking more follows/subscribers. . . 😂

Joking aside- 

Nobody starts a podcast in the hope nobody listens. Equally it’s fair to say- that when you’re doing it for free one might not give a single a fuck if somebody you don’t like or agree with listens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

He did to be fair, in those exact words. I think Matt may secretly regret his rant a little, he’ll never admit it of course. It was all a bit silly.

I think the clowns shouting and screaming obscenities at Unsworth should just be ignored. It’s not difficult. 

Spot on Kow. But people are choosing it to ignore it. 

And again- totally agree on the second part. 

His best bits are when he preaches to us all about having an opinion on anything football related which he brushes off as nonsense and then delivers one of his tactical master classes or advice for our striker whose on best part of 10 large a week, I'm sure Sheron and Shelton will be pissed that Pep Dean has spoken and they won't be part of his plans later in the season as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Norwood’s salary is growing by the week!!

Well the guy who paid his wages last told us he is on more money than they were paying him and he came to us for one big final pay cheque, having read Barnsleys forum it would appear he was on between 6 and 8 thousand there so I'd say the best part of 10 is probably accurate, it doesn't matter anyway we're loaded.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well the guy who paid his wages last told us he is on more money than they were paying him and he came to us for one big final pay cheque, having read Barnsleys forum it would appear he was on between 6 and 8 thousand there so I'd say the best part of 10 is probably accurate, it doesn't matter anyway we're loaded.

Don’t believe all you read….there is no way we would spunk £500k a year on a player for potentially the next 3 years in the National League…I call bollocks!!!

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Don’t believe all you read….there is no way we would spunk £500k a year on a player for potentially the next 3 years in the National League…I call bollocks!!!

It is almost unbelievable but..... watch his interview on TNT before the game on Saturday and he near enough says he's here for the money, that's not a criticism by the way if he gets us to Wembley this year it will look like a good deal and from what I've seen he's the sort of player who could make all the difference. 

Going back about 10 years Craig Davies was on £14k a week in League 1 at Wigan and not even part of the matchday squad at the time. I think Barnsley would have been paying Norwood around the £6k - £8k a week that's been mentioned and we would have had to at least match that. As @yarddog73 says though, it could very well be money well spent, if he gets us up, I think he's a top top player at this level. Brings us back to the point though, that getting up asap is important because we won't be able to spend like that for years if we stagnate in this division. I don't understand the mentality that it might take 5 years or so and we are ok with that. The division is really poor.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It is almost unbelievable but..... watch his interview on TNT before the game on Saturday and he near enough says he's here for the money, that's not a criticism by the way if he gets us to Wembley this year it will look like a good deal and from what I've seen he's the sort of player who could make all the difference. 

I think half that may be nearer the mark which is still ridiculous for this level!!

There is also no way they would commit to that sort of expense for the team to just improve gradually….they will want promotion 100% this season or next at worst.

It also suggests to me that if this team of Unsworth’s fails to deliver there will certainly be no good mates favours and he will be gone sooner than you think, and rightly so!