The Next Oldham Manager

Just now, diggleblue said:

Scholes NEVER. He's not a true Oldham fan. Manc through and through.

Some of the most loyal Latics fans I know are from Midd, of course he's a true Oldham fan I stood with him in the Chaddy, not advocating him for the job but he does support the club despite his association with the red scum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Some of the most loyal Latics fans I know are from Midd, of course he's a true Oldham fan I stood with him in the Chaddy, not advocating him for the job but he does support the club despite his association with the red scum.

some of the most loyal Latics lve ever met have proper weird accents like from Nodnol and shit so we can defo afford to carry a few Mancs 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

A true Oldham fan would have played a season for his club when he retired instead he pissed off back to M.U to play after he supposedly retired from football.

I know I would have given us a season and more.IMO he can F.O

1 minute ago, diggleblue said:

A true Oldham fan would have played a season for his club when he retired instead he pissed off back to M.U to play after he supposedly retired from football.

Shall we expect Tarky to rock up in a season or two then?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

As a proud Middletonian and lifelong Latics fan, I’d triple upvote this if I could!

Scholes might not be the worst choice, but I can’t see it happening. When he took the job last time he made it clear he wouldn’t tolerate boardroom interference, and he proved to be a man of his word. He wasn’t here long enough for anyone to form a view on whether or not he might be a good manager.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

With the odd exception, those days are long gone, and were even when Scholes was coming to the end of his playing career. It’s a romantic idea, but when you’ve played at the highest level and earned squillions why would you feel the need to finish in the lower leagues?

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

With the odd exception, those days are long gone, and were even when Scholes was coming to the end of his playing career. It’s a romantic idea, but when you’ve played at the highest level and earned squillions why would you feel the need to finish in the lower leagues?

Think he said that was his intention. then Utd were in dire straits ( again 😆 ) and Fergie persuaded him to bail them out.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Scholes? Really? 🤦‍♂️ 

We are in a position where we could get plenty of proven managers at our level, so he is absolutely not the right man for us now.

That said I won't look back at his month in charge and judge him badly for it (while I understand why some will).  That month will always be a failure of the Lemsagams rather than a failure of Scholes to me.