MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

14 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This entire squad needs to fuck off, they simply do not care about this club or their profession. 

No desire, no application, no passion and no improvement. It is a disgrace that they get paid a decent wage and play football for a living when most of us have to work far harder doing something we don’t love.

I’ve finally been defeated by them and not going to bother going for a while, it’s sad but there is simply no point anymore.

That's the spirit!

⁹If Hudson was MOM we might as well give up now, slows it down when the early balls on and then kicks it out aimlessly when he has time, pub player.

Lundstrum was worse than Shelton, Kitching worse than Sutton at times which effectively means we're fucked, Norwood doesn't look interested, is Mellon putting him in regardless because Fondop would of had more joy in 5 minutes than he did all night, he was literally in their centrehalfs pocket and won fuck all.

Green fucking piss poor again, one game in five or six you'll see something, not good enough.

We've gone to the bottom team started with a 4-1-5 with no real forward and got dicked off the bottom of the league, let's not beat about the bush we could of got beat by 6 or 7 tonight and we couldn't have complained, no shot on target and a piss poor attitude, one player looked like he wanted it Hobson and he gave the first goal away. 

Honestly that's as bad as I've seen, on a par with Alty away last season and it was frankly embarrassing, I can take it if we get beat by a team who play better what I can't take is players rolling over and not prepared to get in the trenches, fucking fannies the lot of them and three or four of them shouldn't even be starting Saturday otherwise we have a manager who is just rewarding failure. I still can't understand why Fondop didn't come on for Norwood, if nothing else just for a physical presence.

Kitching whose been our best player this season didn't turn up from minute one which is piss poor.

No positives from that tonight, none at all.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Loan signings didn't work last season and haven't for the last 10 years at this club.

And we've already blown a load of money on paying off Unsworth, buying Norwood etc....

Not feasible.

Matty Palmer? Jonny Smith?

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

5 ‘decent’ strikers for this level and we play the oldest one for 90 mins in a team that suffered a red card, and no sign of the other 4 getting a sniff against bottom of the league. Bit confused about that one MM.

Oldest maybe, deadliest yes.
He needed service, not to go chasing the ball.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I still ask the question, did you think that last Saturday at Rochdale?

yes, this squad is packed with weak minded individuals but they have some ability and will win some games at this, the lowest level of professional football.

They are not remotely close to being good enough to challenge for promotion because they clearly lack the individual or collective desire to win and only perform to their ability occasionally (last Saturday I suppose but they still conceded 3 remember)

11 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This entire squad needs to fuck off, they simply do not care about this club or their profession. 

No desire, no application, no passion and no improvement. It is a disgrace that they get paid a decent wage and play football for a living when most of us have to work far harder doing something we don’t love.

I’ve finally been defeated by them and not going to bother going for a while, it’s sad but there is simply no point anymore.

It’s one game pal. I’m equally as disappointed. I’ve thought of nothing else but Latics since Saturday thinking we’re on to something here. Right now  I’m on my knees, gutted. But that’s football and as true supporters we should stick by them no matter what. Mickey will sort em and I’ll be there with renewed optimism Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Latics fans are crammed in right up to the pitch and yet the side stand has perhaps 20 people from halfway line to our fans.

Just cordon a bit of that off and let fans not be crushed.

They did for the 2nd half. Let Oldham fans into the stand on the right up to  about the edge of the centre circle.

Very sensible move by Fylde, although presumably that one bloke who didn't seem to want to move took some persuading.

1 minute ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

It’s one game pal. I’m equally as disappointed. I’ve thought of nothing else but Latics since Saturday thinking we’re on to something here. Right now  I’m on my knees, gutted. But that’s football and as true supporters we should stick by them no matter what. Mickey will sort em and I’ll be there with renewed optimism Saturday.

It’s not 1 game though is it? It’s most of last season and most of this season 

Anyway, it’s your time, your money. Free country and all that, I’ve just had enough

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Oldest maybe, deadliest yes.
He needed service, not to go chasing the ball.

He was fucking garbage, please stop trying to defend the indefensible, if he's there just to tap it in it wasn't the game for him, their centrehalf embarrassed him tonight and he did absolutely fuck all, don't like his Billy big bollocks attitude at times either, he needs to knuckle down and try to make a positive contribution because tonight he was gash and should of been pulled.

10 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Loan signings didn't work last season and haven't for the last 10 years at this club.

6 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Matty Palmer? Jonny Smith?

Daniel Iversen, Callum Lang, Sam Surridge…

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

I don't think we need several new players nor can I see that happening...

Well Unsworth and Thompson both said 3 or 4 were coming in. I expect Mellon will at least demand that.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

People thinking Raglan will come in from the cold. Is there a chance Mellon plays Magahey at CB on Sat in place of Hogan? 

Hope not, he was far worse than Sutton tonight.

Edited by BP1960

Bemused by tonight. Why the last three managers can't see that Shelton fits into no formation is beyond me.

5 strikers available, yet only picks one. Doesn't even try to change it. Weird.

And whatever "level" Norwood is on it's no good to us. He looked like an expensive mardy arse tonight. 

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Bemused by tonight. Why can't the last three managers can't see that Shelton fits into no formation is beyond me.

5 strikers available, yet only picks one. Doesn't even try to change it. Weird.

And whatever "level" Norwood is on it's no good to us. He's looked like an expensive mardy arse tonight. 

Every man and his dog know Shelton and Sheron is a sub standard midfield.

I thought Mellon had seen them play which begs the question why start Shelton in particular? 

Having said that the much heralded Lundstram didn't even get involved.

Edited by BP1960