MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I assume you didn't go today ?

It was as bad if not worse than anything seen under Unsworth.

Almost everyone who went says it was shocking from the players and management team.

if these starting  players and tactics are used in the next home game I predict another poor performance and a loss.

Change it to a more attacking  dynamic passing team and it might help.

It was poor.

But, AGAIN, it was pretty much exact same team that beat 3rd place on Tuesday so what are you harping on about that if same next game they'll perform poorly and lose. Same team has literally won 4 on the bounce before today.

That last line is just ridiculous. Who and what you got in mind super scout?

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Beyond bad to be honest. I noted he looked lost when he came on Tuesday night, albeit it was very brief and hard conditions. But, contrary to what people think, you can still get a feel for a player in that period.

He followed it up again today, garbage. Dickinson, Kurt and Gardner all better than him from what I’ve seen so far. 

About 20 minutes he been judged on. Nice one. Pay up his conract eh?

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It will come, other teams have small squads and will pick up injuries.

They will still play with enthusiasm though, which many of our squad seem to lack.

54 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

3rd in the form table since MM took over, whilst having to do a rebuild of the team, he constatly talks about standards and consistency this takes time especially with an evolving squad.

We lose one game and the overreaction is staggering questioning tatics, team selection, many factors will be considered when selecting the team, every game he will be still learning what limitations we have, he will be working towards a plan to fix that.

In MM we trust KTF.

In MM we do trust.

Didn't see a performance like today coming, though.  Just when you think we're making progress, it seems there's a kick in the knackers waiting.

It's OK to question why it happened.  It's OK to suggest alternative team selection.  That's not over-reacting.  Just reacting!

50 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Stop being so negative all the time, attacking, dynamic football great cliche buzz words, you need the players to do that failing that you need to find a way to win games with the players at your disposal, the form table suggests he is doing a good job.

When MM took over from Unsworth the majority of supporters would of been estatic to reach the play offs, what has changed?

Certainly the playing style hasn't changed. I see no improvement in passing, off the ball movement or dynamism.

I am negative about today, even the manager was.

If you saw anything at all positive in the match let me know.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Or alternatively we can just contribute by posting what we've seen today on the Woking match thread, novel idea I know but it may catch on.

By all means do I'm not stopping you. I actually wasn't having a go we've lost 1 - 0 at home in a very winnable game the criticism is very justifiable.

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

About 20 minutes he been judged on. Nice one. Pay up his conract eh?

Well considering he’s looked lost and struggled to control a football in his two sub appearances, I’d hope he gets much better or yeah, he’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Yeah. What the fuck was he wearing as well? If someone said I had to wear that kit I would have refused to play..

Makes more money from social media than football….. 

4.6 million TikTok followers 

I also thought Hammond looked a little out of his depth today.

Sheron needs replacing. Hard work and endless running without and positional sense and becoming completely devoid of any creativity isn’t enough for a side gunning for promotion.

Fondop back to his 5/10 days.

Kitching was atrocious.

Just a bad day, but not at all surprising.

The managerment team of MM and Brabin aren't producing what we should be seeing - which is a good passing dynamic team.

The 7 defenders tactic may grind out away results (for now), but 6500 home fans turned up today and were served rubbish. 

It needs changing and quickly.

• Like 1

Keep seeing Hammond getting pelters on here which is a little unfair particularly as he is yet to start a game and also given Sachdev' performance at rightback which has been largely ignored, no doubt about it these new lads need to step up on what we've seen as they are nowhere near ready at the moment based on today.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The managerment team of MM and Brabin aren't producing what we should be seeing - which is a good passing dynamic team.

The 7 defenders tactic may grind out away results (for now), but 6500 home fans turned up today and were served rubbish. 

Grinding out more results than Cameron Burgess ever did for us. Clown.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We can't make the simple pass BP so there's little point harping on about it, Sheron and Lundstrum pass completion must be horrific and I'm not talking about the 95% of safe passes they make backwards I'm on about progressive passes that get us moving up the pitch. We need width at home to stretch teams, Walker had a little success and it was probably a game for Green today, I'm not his biggest fan but he gives us a different dynamic.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

We can't make the simple pass BP so there's little point harping on about it, Sheron and Lundstrum pass completion must be horrific and I'm not talking about the 95% of safe passes they make backwards I'm on about progressive passes that get us moving up the pitch. We need width at home to stretch teams, Walker had a little success and it was probably a game for Green today, I'm not his biggest fan but he gives us a different dynamic.

Saying that a pairing of Sachdev and Green down the right would be as weak as you could possibly get.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Keep seeing Hammond getting pelters on here which is a little unfair particularly as he is yet to start a game and also given Sachdev' performance at rightback which has been largely ignored, no doubt about it these new lads need to step up on what we've seen as they are nowhere near ready at the moment based on today.

Agree to a certain extent, however, you have to take into account their lack of game time and for some the step up from academy football.

I’m sure they are better than they have shown today.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Agree to a certain extent, however, you have to take into account their lack of game time and for some the step up from academy football.

Let's hope so otherwise we're stuck with another couple not good enough.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Well considering he’s looked lost and struggled to control a football in his two sub appearances, I’d hope he gets much better or yeah, he’s not good enough. 

Well yes, we hope he performs better. Needs plenty more time though

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Whats your record in management for the record?

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Exactly

The only way players can get match fit is to play competitive football.

We don’t have a reserve team so if they don’t play in the 1st team how can we possibly get them match fit?

I only listen to the radio commentaries these days, so I'm susceptible to being shot down in flames by people who actually attend the games. But anyway, my impression when listening to most games this season, whether under the Unsworth regime or Mellon's, is that whenever Latics gain possession, then 90% of the time the first pass either goes to an opposition player or ends up as a throw-in or a goal kick. In today's game, it seems that Woking regularly constructed moves which involved six or seven consecutive passes at least. 

8 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Not sure I get the criticism of Mellon's selection/formation considering it had won us 4 league games on the bounce, including two home games. I don't think his in game management was great, but why would he tinker with a winning formula?

Exactly. Because hindsight is 20/20 and we have some right clots on here who get upset as soon as they possibly can

• Like 1

The team, on paper, wouldn’t look out of place in League 2.

So, why is it when a Dog and Duck XI turn up to BP, and play like it’s a cup final, do they turn into shrinking violets?

If the club hasn’t explored bringing in a psychologist or therapist then they are foolish. It is clear to see it is a mental issue. 

They have the talent, but in front of a big and expectant crowd at BP they can’t do it. Like, physically can’t do it. It looks like they’re running through quick sand.

It’s not right for a side that hasn’t won in god knows how long to look *that* much better than us.

A play off game at Boundary Park and we are absolutely toast.