Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Heard today its all but cut and dried, the lad who told me has no connection with the club but does a lot of work with the shite from Stretford. 

Dont shoot the messenger just thought I would pass this on.

According to today's M.E.N Abdallah is talking with the loanees players agents.

21 minutes ago, Joanna Roper said:

Jeez so quite on here past few days everyone okay?

We're just waiting on news, have you heard anything? I'm a bit worried the takeover has fallen through so if you have heard anything, you must tell us...

Come on, Gimme hope Joanna!

Alan Nixon claiming takeover will drag on as Lemsagam and the money men behind him are looking to buy not just the team/badge but the assets (stadium, land etc) too.

I always thought it was the whole package that they were buying anyway so surely those discussions and negotiations have taken place if Moisley believes its minor things just standing in the way?!

Interesting Nixon suggesting Lemsagam is fronting the takeover.  Hopefully these money men have a big fat capital 'M' on money.

24 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Alan Nixon claiming takeover will drag on as Lemsagam and the money men behind him are looking to buy not just the team/badge but the assets (stadium, land etc) too.

I always thought it was the whole package that they were buying anyway so surely those discussions and negotiations have taken place if Moisley believes its minor things just standing in the way?!

Interesting Nixon suggesting Lemsagam is fronting the takeover.  Hopefully these money men have a big fat capital 'M' on money.

This if true is were Corney and Co could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wasn’t it Nixon who basically got everything wrong on transfer deadline day? 

Apologies if I’m incorrect on that - I’ll happily edit this post if I am - but I recall that he tweeted a lot of Grade A poo on deadline day and the days before it. 

So I don’t expect him to get any takeover claims right either. 

EDIT: Sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s wrong, most times he’s somewhere in between...

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Wasn’t it Nixon who basically got everything wrong on transfer deadline day? 

Apologies if I’m incorrect on that - I’ll happily edit this post if I am - but I recall that he tweeted a lot of Grade A poo on deadline day and the days before it. 

So I don’t expect him to get any takeover claims right either. 

He got Doyle joining wrong but barring that he is right most of the time! 

6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

That is exciting news with regards to complete buyout if true, hopefully the board will be advised of this soon, the legitimacy of the money can be established,  the landlords and Necarcu loan settled and any more debentures/outstanding debt we owe, the EFL and any corporate/companies house stuff can be sorted too and the Trust/OMBC will be advised with regards to the change of ownership and approve of the change with regards to the the ACV security too.

So I'll just copy in below the Trust statement from September with regards to best case scenario:

"In order for anyone to invest or takeover the club there are a number of stages that would need to be passed through.  This example is a deliberately best case scenario with all parties happy at each step, in reality this is rarely the case.
However the scenario goes as follows: 
Negotiations with the current shareholder who is looking to sell shares
Potential investor would seek Due Dilligence in order to confirm details disclosed/not disclosed in negotiations
Initial consultation with EFL/FA regarding F&PP test requirements
Acceptable proposal to the current shareholder
Proposal presented to the club board of directors and Trust Oldham
Permission would need to be sought from the current debenture holders (Brass Bank and Necarcu) as both debenture agreements do not permit the sale of any of the 97% shareholding without the settlement of the debentures*
Debentures settled, board permission granted and Trust Oldham blessing acquired
F&PP test undertaken on relevant individuals (potential new directors/shareholders disclosed to FA/EFL)
Appointment of any new directors at Companies House
Investor/Takeover largely complete

*At present it should be noted that due to the debentures in place, the control of the 97% shares rests with them and therefore permission would have to be granted by them for any sale.  Both the Oldham Athletic board of directors (via a majority vote) and Trust Oldham would have to give their approval for any investment/sale before the 97% shareholder can complete any investment/takeover.

Even in the case of exclusive negotiations, a new investor / shareholder can not be exercising influence over club contractual issues, and certainly if an agent is involved this should extend towards the team or playing staff."

So best guess, where do you all think we are up to? Just for fun now, regardless I'm going to loose a tenner come first of jan...aagghh.

Edit reason: I forget to add at this stage I will presume is 97% takeover. 3% share are the fans shares. Which may come into play at some stage too.

6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

If anyone was looking to buy the club without the ground/land they would need to take a very serious look at themselves.

Moisley will just continue to make the right noises.

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

ACV may delay things up to 6 months if the trust want time to find their own buyer for the land/club. 

Why would they want to find anther buyer even if they had the power to do so?

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

How would he know what is going on in these negotiaitions, or who is involved? If Abdallah wanted to buy the lot, then that would have been clear from the outset. As I have said before, no-ne in their right mind would buy anything but the lot.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Why would they want to find anther buyer even if they had the power to do so?

The trust have to ensure that everything is legal, legitimate and the best for the club now and its future.

The ACV is in place  to protect what have could have been the worse case scenario. You wake up one day and find your club has been sold without warning and new owners have other plans. The ACV, gives the Trust the time if need be (6 months), to raise a bid of our own. It's doesn't ensure that bid will be accepted but it's gives us the time.

Best case scenario it's a takeover, everything is rose and all are happy.

Archived