Players linked with us

how many yellows is Clarke on now? injured or banned, the timing could crucify us!

Would a back 3 of Clarke,Burgess and Gerrard work?

If it spent the game on the edge of the 18 yard line yes.

Do we not think that signing Gerrard could be a case of the right signing at the wrong time? I'd rather take the risk with Clarke and hope he doesn't get injured and sign someone who can have an impact further up the pitch. If we did then perhaps our entire team wouldn't depend on him stopping strikers and heading in set pieces.

Edited by GlossopLatic

If it spent the game on the edge of the 18 yard line yes.

Do we not think that signing Gerrard could be a case of the right signing at the wrong time? I'd rather take the risk with Clarke and hope he doesn't get injured and sign someone who can have an impact further up the pitch. If we did then perhaps our entire team wouldn't depend on him stopping strikers and heading in set pieces.

Chron article suggests he isn't really close to signing.

I hope he signs, but I also hope we make it clear to him this year we are signing him and not his ego as well. With Ripley, Clarke and 'Big head' Gerrard we possibly could have a 'best defence in the league' line up.

More confidence at the back will allow more confidence to be more attacking........ in theory

Bring back the Scousers. Can anyone really say these two won't be vast improvement on the current shower of :censored:? Yes, they're both prone to piling on the pounds. Yes, they're both lacking in....certain respects. Yes, they probably/definately can't actually play for a while, but they'd still be better than what we've got.

506981894-anthony-gerrard-of-oldham-athl_69538149_pa-15844624.jpg

Bring back the Scousers. Can anyone really say these two won't be vast improvement on the current shower of :censored:? Yes, they're both prone to piling on the pounds. Yes, they're both lacking in....certain respects. Yes, they probably/definately can't actually play for a while, but they'd still be better than what we've got.

506981894-anthony-gerrard-of-oldham-athl_69538149_pa-15844624.jpg

. Those two will do fine,and in Leon Clarke and we should be ok.

Gerrard close to deal according to Matt Chambers

Don't know why I feel sceptical even though we all know he's a big upgrade on Burgess in terms of ability

Although I am all for having the two hardest Scouse defenders in the FL in a partnership together, North Face trackies in tow

Very often say this, but if we can't think of a song for that partnership we ought to turn the lights off and padlock the gates...

Edited by NewBlue