New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

@stevenbeacom5 sports editor for the Belfast telegraph :

I understand deal is done...and Oldham delighted to have such a fine young coach...should be announced this week...

good coach, his own man and won't take any messing about. Also good contacts...he will work his socks off for @OfficialOAFC

He is good guy, strong personality with good contacts in England and Scotland...will work very hard for the club

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's appointed will have to see how he does. I just want someone who knows what they're doing on the training pitch and knows how to get them well organised for a match. Someone who will work very hard for the club won't necessarily be good enough.

I am willing to give him a chance and the reports coming in sound positive, plus if he does well in six months time we will get some undisclosed compensation when we let him leave for one of our League One Rivals.

Sound like a great choice, good coach with an awareness of the level of players we can actually secure rather than an unrealistic wish list. Hope he can bring

If this is confirmed, congrats to the club after the money grabbers, Shez and Evans did their respective runners.

Running any business (what Latics if after all) on a shoestring is tough and at least the club has kept quiet despite all the rumours running around about all the potential candidates. No good business is domne through social media or the Chron!

Lets hope it is confirmed and then the new boss and his team, now Shirtliff is going back to USA with family, can get started with the squad, new and young!

@stevenbeacom5 sports editor for the Belfast telegraph :

I understand deal is done...and Oldham delighted to have such a fine young coach...should be announced this week...

good coach, his own man and won't take any messing about. Also good contacts...he will work his socks off for @OfficialOAFC

He is good guy, strong personality with good contacts in England and Scotland...will work very hard for the club

He's going to have to

Sound like a great choice, good coach with an awareness of the level of players we can actually secure rather than an unrealistic wish list. Hope he can bring

If this is confirmed, congrats to the club after the money grabbers, Shez and Evans did their respective runners.

Running any business (what Latics if after all) on a shoestring is tough and at least the club has kept quiet despite all the rumours running around about all the potential candidates. No good business is domne through social media or the Chron!

Lets hope it is confirmed and then the new boss and his team, now Shirtliff is going back to USA with family, can get started with the squad, new and young!

Come on Chaddy14, tell us who you really are.

Just been told off an older Oldham fan who I met through work today that when Shirtliff went in to sign his contract they'd docked his salary £5k

Don't know the guy like, just putting it out there

He was always going to the US. We knew this a couple of months ago. He's just been filling in until we sign a new manager. The announcement over the weekend was just to stop us from panicking.

I'd like to thank him (again) for helping us out.

He was always going to the US. We knew this a couple of months ago. He's just been filling in until we sign a new manager. The announcement over the weekend was just to stop us from panicking.

Make an announcement that someone is staying, who is really going, to stop fans panicking?? Yea good one.

I'm off on holiday in an hour.

Sweepstake on where I am when we officially announce an appointment:

UK today

Over Irish Sea today

Dublin tonight

Over Atlantic tomorrow

Pennsylvania tomorrow

Over USA tomorrow

Colorado Fri, Sat,Sun

Wyoming Mon, Tue

Montana Wed

Wyoming Thu

Colorado Fri

UK today

Over Irish Sea today

Dublin tonight

Over Atlantic tomorrow

Pennsylvania tomorrow

Over USA tomorrow

Colorado Fri, Sat,Sun

Wyoming Mon, Tue

Montana Wed

Wyoming Thu

Colorado Fri

Didn't you already quit, Peter?

Did we know this? Just a coincidence that the resignation goes in the night before an appointment is made then...

Just been told off an older Oldham fan who I met through work today that when Shirtliff went in to sign his contract they'd docked his salary £5k

Don't know the guy like, just putting it out there

No offense to you but I am sick to death of crap posts like this. What a load of made up garbage by your acquaintance.

UK today

Over Irish Sea today

Dublin tonight

Over Atlantic tomorrow

Pennsylvania tomorrow

Over USA tomorrow

Colorado Fri, Sat,Sun

Wyoming Mon, Tue

Montana Wed

Wyoming Thu

Colorado Fri

Press conference at 2 tomorrow (i'm the eternal optimist and a happy clapper) I reckon where will you be then?

UK today

Over Irish Sea today

Dublin tonight

Over Atlantic tomorrow

Pennsylvania tomorrow

Over USA tomorrow

Colorado Fri, Sat,Sun

Wyoming Mon, Tue

Montana Wed

Wyoming Thu

Colorado Fri

When do you get home?

No offense to you but I am sick to death of crap posts like this. What a load of made up garbage by your acquaintance.

comes with the territory saddly people happy to make up :censored:e to use to beat those "frauds thieves and shisters " in charge

UK today

Over Irish Sea today

Dublin tonight

Over Atlantic tomorrow

Pennsylvania tomorrow

Over USA tomorrow

Colorado Fri, Sat,Sun

Wyoming Mon, Tue

Montana Wed

Wyoming Thu