New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might even be able to motivate Carl Winchester.

I too was also thinking along those lines .. what struck me the other week is how he signed up when most (B Wilson aside) seemed to be jumping ship!

Now amongst all the faff on social media, maybe there was an element of smoke screens with a name or two, and our Carl had an inkling - or had been told - that he was in with a shout, and like others have said this could be the catalyst for him to crack on!

If rumour has it that there's a press conference imminent, then only time will tell ..

I wonder in what position on the list was Steve Robinson at the start of this process

If they can get this staff working well and keep them together, it might do okay, but the way we lose staff, players, everything so quickly at the moment I have my worries it will strip down to being unknown coach with similarly untested coach

Edited by NewBlue

I wonder in what position on the list was Steve Robinson at the start of this process

Unless I've miss read his feed, the guy on Twitter yesterday who knows him hinted at him telling Robinson to apply for the last two years and in the end, we approached him (that was down to O'Driscoll by the sounds of it)

Am I the only one that thinks getting these 3 together is a decent coup! Good pedigree in coaching, can have a fresh start with there own players

I wouldn't say coup. Assistant of Mothwerwell would've taken any manager job offered in the league I'd have thought. On paper, definitely could be worse.

Despite whatever is said at the press conference, I think he was a fair way down the wanted list.

I wouldn't say coup. Assistant of Mothwerwell would've taken any manager job offered in the league I'd have thought. On paper, definitely could be worse.

Despite whatever is said at the press conference, I think he was a fair way down the wanted list.

Assistant coach at National level having helped them get to the last 16 of a major international competition is not to be sniffed at.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Isn't football funny sometimes? I've just been reading a piece about this Robinson chap. Was originally signed as Motherwell assistant by the, then, manager Ian Baraclough. Skip forward 18 or so months and he is (rumoured to be) bringing Baraclough in as his assistant.

Edited by CaptainThunderpants

Assistant coach at National level having helped them get to the last 16 of a major international competition is not to be sniffed at.

Agreed. I'm not anti his/their appointment but any management job offer was always likely to be in the bottom two divisions.