One of the underlying problems we had last year - and for the last few years -  was the lack of chances taken or created by our midfield. We still need a Baxter in our squad.

Please please please  lets have Baxter and Ripley and get the season started!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

One of the underlying problems we had last year - and for the last few years -  was the lack of chances taken or created by our midfield. We still need a Baxter in our squad.

Please please please  lets have Baxter and Ripley and get the season started!

Gardner been signed to provide that.

16 hours ago, singe said:

Fingers crossed it happens, if it does the way the fans took to him has player will have paid a massive part in that. Top job everyone.

Yorkshire Post Oldham turn down Peacock Farrell..

Maybe a little smoke here regarding Connor.....

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-oldham-turn-down-peacock-farrell-loan-option-1-8654938

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I got told on Thursday that there is a strong possibility that he's coming back to us. Apparently they want to loan him out again and he's said if he's going anywhere, it'll be back here.

Possibly explains why Sheridan is stalling on Peacock-Farrell...

5 likes though...

59 minutes ago, paw4 said:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-oldham-turn-down-peacock-farrell-loan-option-1-8654938

You would think the plan was to bring him in as a 1st choice it must mean we have switched our attention to someoneelse and the only reasons would be that we know this someoneelse is

A- Better

B- Definitely going to sign.

Yeah I know 2 and 2 but this summer we seem to be doing things right......

Edited by GlossopLatic

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You would think the plan was to bring him in as a 1st choice it must mean we have switched our attention to someoneelse and the only reasons would be that we know this someoneelse is

A- Better

Or C - not keen so back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

D - financial mismanagement leads to embargo meaning we have to play the season with no keeper ?

40 minutes ago, youngen said:

Wet dream for some on here that

As long as we play an extra attacker not a defender I'm in.....

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A- Better

Or maybe take the young  Liverpool keeper on loan?

4 hours ago, paw4 said:

Taking him on the camp to Bath/Wiltshire and not taking up the option could mean a decision not based on the performances on the pitch. If he doesn't gel, and perhaps has been giving it the big I am, despite only being at Leeds, you can see the club not taking up the option.

I don't actually know if this is the case, but there are a number of factors that would need to be considered. Given I've not seen him play, and he is a comfortable fourth choice at a Championship club and is only 20 you can see it being performance related. Especially given the availability of young GKs.

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Taking him on the camp to Bath/Wiltshire and not taking up the option could mean a decision not based on the performances on the pitch. If he doesn't gel, and perhaps has been giving it the big I am, despite only being at Leeds, you can see the club not taking up the option.

I don't actually know if this is the case, but there are a number of factors that would need to be considered. Given I've not seen him play, and he is a comfortable fourth choice at a Championship club and is only 20 you can see it being performance related. Especially given the availability of young GKs.

He looks about 12, maybe he didnt have the attitude required to command a defense including Gerrard and Clarke

13 minutes ago, youngen said:

He looks about 12, maybe he didnt have the attitude required to command a defense including Gerrard and Clarke

Seen some videos of him. Doesn't look a physical presence and looks very poor in his distribution. Think Nash and shez may have decided this one without knowing whether we can get Ripley 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't have a great impact, but seeing he's not played for 2 years may need more time.

Was told by vale supporting mate last night ; 'Was quality before his major injury, rumoured he wouldn't run properly again, little lightweight, Spurs were after him before his knee problems but his knee is done in' 

Edited by adamoafc