Ex players and that

He's been part of a good revival at a previously underperforming club mainly by chucking the ball into the penalty area.

I don't know how much the other parts of his game have improved but he was way off the pace for us, whatever the reasons.

Good luck to the lad it's probably a good move for all parties.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's been part of a good revival at a previously underperforming club mainly by chucking the ball into the penalty area.

I don't know how much the other parts of his game have improved but he was way off the pace for us, whatever the reasons.

He was good enough despite what a few fans thought when he left, he just needed the right environment.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He was good enough despite what a few fans thought when he left, he just needed the right environment.

Sorry not having that at all. 

He was a liability which opposition managers had noted and targeted him.

Not disputing he would probably improve in a better environment than our club provided but he regressed badly for us and posters who haven't seen him play for Burton are now saying he's apparently improved.

As I've said previously good luck to the lad but I see him as a League 1 player at best.

I hope he proves me wrong.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Sorry not having that at all. 

He was a liability which opposition managers had noted and targeted him.

Not disputing he would probably improve in a better environment than our club provided but he regressed badly for us and posters who haven't seen him play for Burton are now saying he's apparently improved.

As I've said previously good luck to the lad but I see him as a League 1 player at best.

I hope he proves me wrong.  

Who wouldn't regress with a different coach every five minutes

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who wouldn't regress with a different coach every five minutes

I thought it was dogs that were for life ?

I did say it wasn't the perfect environment for a young player to progress but life's not perfect.

The fact is he wasn't showing much in his latter stages with us taking issue with the post saying he was good enough !

Edited by Bobledgersheart

13 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I thought it was dogs that were for life ?

I did say it wasn't the perfect environment for a young player to progress but life's not perfect.

The fact is he wasn't showing much in his latter stages with us taking issue with the post saying he was good enough !

Life at Latics has gone way beyond nor perfect.  Over the last few seasons we have brought precisely no youth players through to the first team and now the only one that had made the step up in the years immediately before that has left the club and appears to be thriving at a higher level.  It might not be definitive proof but it's pretty strong circumstantial evidence

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

What a ridiculous post.

para 1. Tell a lie/make something up

para 2. Admit para one is said lie by admitting you have done no research into it.

para 3. Try and convince yourself that letting another talented youngster slip away for nowt is a good thing.

off camera. ignorantly bumble off into another situation.

😂.

Sorry if you see my post that way but my point was that people were posting as if he was worth his place in our team when he patently wasn't and was now playing well without personal visual evidence other than witnessing goals coming as a result of long throws and a decent shot from the edge of the box, which was saved. 

At least I admitted I had no idea whether his game had improved.

And if you class genuinely wishing a lad I've watched coming through the youth teams Good Luck as "bumbling off" then off I'll bumble ! 

33 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Sorry if you see my post that way but my point was that people were posting as if he was worth his place in our team when he patently wasn't 

The point is that he should have been worth his place in our team on his ability but that for whatever reason he wasn't showing it.  I know what I think is the reason.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The point is that he should have been worth his place in our team on his ability but that for whatever reason he wasn't showing it.  I know what I think is the reason.

What do you think is the reason?