Ex players and that

1 hour ago, youngen said:

We sold our only fit striker and didnt replace him. We are now playing attacking midfielders/wingers in every spot of our team. It was a bizarre transfer window in that we didnt need to change anything going forward, just add some grit in midfield and defence and didnt add either. We are 17th and I am almost certain we were higher in the table in Jan. We went backwards

At the start of the January window we were 4 points off the play offs.  Now it's 11.  We've been left behind.

56 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's almost as if those in charge don't want us to get promoted, surely this won't be the case. 

I’ve alluded to this myself earlier...I wouldn’t rule anything out with these  🤡🤡’s

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

It's almost as if those in charge don't want us to get promoted, surely this won't be the case. 

The way Kewell was talking about the window before and during it suggested nothing serious was going to be done to try and push us forward.

But that would be more understandable if we made no signings.  The fact that we made 4 but didn't strengthen the areas we obviously needed to makes no sense at all.  Unless its deliberate sabotage or gross incompetence.

Edited by nzlatic
typo

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The way Kewell was talking about the window before and during it suggested nothing serious was going to be done to try and push us forward.

But that would be more understandable if we made no signings.  The fact that we made 4 but didn't strengthen the areas we obviuosly needed to makes no sense at all.  Unless its deliberate sabotage or gross incompetence.

This is it for me.  I never thought it was realistic to make major signings and I've never thought play-off talk as anything other than fanciful but the signings, apart from Adams, made no sense.  Does he hold the record for the most experienced player yet to fall out with the owners?

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

This is it for me.  I never thought it was realistic to make major signings and I've never thought play-off talk as anything other than fanciful but the signings, apart from Adams, made no sense.  Does he hold the record for the most experienced player yet to fall out with the owners?

Agree. Also think Hilssner was a decent loan signing.

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

...apart from Adams, made no sense.  Does he hold the record for the most experienced player yet to fall out with the owners?

Give it time - he famously went on Talksport to argue the toss with Dale at Bury.

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

But that would be more understandable if we made no signings.  The fact that we made 4 but didn't strengthen the areas we obviously needed to makes no sense at all.  Unless its deliberate sabotage or gross incompetence.

Does anything ALMO do make sense?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, disjointed said:

Don't forget Inspector Knacker warned us off dangerous talk about promotion from L1.

I sometimes wonder if Shitpeas and ALMO have stitched up a secret deal with Blitz to run the club into the ground and then somehow cash in on the land. No, I know, I'm getting paranoid, but......

7 hours ago, disjointed said:

Interesting conspiracy theory, although we weren't really threatening to go up.

Cant remember the year (maybe late 70's or early 80's) there was a pretty well told story about Altrincham throwing their chance of promotion to the league. Reason being the overheads involved in going up, particularly improvements to the ground, full time staff etc were seen to be unaffordable.

Would our overheads in L1 be vastly higher than now? I believe they would be higher, dont know by how much. With so many of the squad on loan, maybe it's a moot point.

Revenue from higher crowds could be a plus, higher wages a minus.

Hard to see us averaging the 6,000 + home gate supposedly marking break even, while struggling at the foot of L1.

The big miss is an adequate commercial department, failing to generate capital, through a raft of revenue streams, not least decent sponsors and lots of things happening in and around the ground (even when we arent playing).

Seems to have been a problem for decades, clearly now made even worse by the paralysis of split club & ground ownership.

Its hopeless then, why do I keep going back, it's the memory of miracles that did happen here once.

14 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Don't forget Inspector Knacker warned us off dangerous talk about promotion from L1.

I sometimes wonder if Shitpeas and ALMO have stitched up a secret deal with Blitz to run the club into the ground and then somehow cash in on the land. No, I know, I'm getting paranoid, but......

If youre not paranoid, youre not paying attention.

20 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I think it’s a mix of who AL can afford, and who ALMO rate- (with Barry chipping in with his ‘contacts’ at other clubs.  I genuinely don’t think it’s for the benefit of the team. Otherwise how on earth can you justify not signing a centre half? 

23 hours ago, nzlatic said:

At the start of the January window we were 4 points off the play offs.  Now it's 11.  We've been left behind.

It is quite disheartening to see teams like Bolton and Bradford leave us in their wake having strengthened in the window. 

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Wasn't referring to Coleman specifically however, he was at Huddersfield quite a while without pulling many 1st team jerseys on.

21 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Hamer and Johnny Smith assists for Burton who pull away from L1 relegation. 

Fair play. It’s turned out well. I thought he was going there to come back down. Smith is a great signing.