Ex players and that

5 minutes ago, philsalt said:

DKD has been our best player over the last two seasons with two poor squads around him. He reached double figures from midfield in two seasons, despite being played as a lone striker at times last year. Whenever he ‘went missing’ it was representative of an issue throughout the team. Disappointed he’s gone but he deserves his chance in a higher division with consistent coaching and a more stable environment. 

agreed. first pre season was top, then for about two months he couldnt control a ball, pass a ball or hit a warehouse.

then he got better.

then he went back.

then he got better.

theres defo ability there and Burton do alright with a project so he should 'kick on'.

11 minutes ago, philsalt said:

DKD has been our best player over the last two seasons with two poor squads around him. He reached double figures from midfield in two seasons, despite being played as a lone striker at times last year. Whenever he ‘went missing’ it was representative of an issue throughout the team. Disappointed he’s gone but he deserves his chance in a higher division with consistent coaching and a more stable environment. 

has an eye for goal

poor touch

not the strongest in the tackle 

fitness seemed to be an issue 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

has an eye for goal

poor touch

not the strongest in the tackle 

fitness seemed to be an issue 

Can’t teach the first point as it’s instinctive but but the other 3 can be improved.

Unfortunately our lack of continuity on the coaching side has hampered any real progress with our players.

I fully expect Keillor Dunn to improve no end at Burton and wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the Championship in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t teach the first point as it’s instinctive but but the other 3 can be improved.

Unfortunately our lack of continuity on the coaching side has hampered any real progress with our players.

I fully expect Keillor Dunn to improve no end at Burton and wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the Championship in the future.

I wish the lad all the best for his future career and did want him to remain but his ball control and passing ability will have to improve dramatically to be successful at League 2 level, never mind the Championship.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I wish the lad all the best for his future career and did want him to remain but his ball control and passing ability will have to improve dramatically to be successful at League 2 level, never mind the Championship.

He's a one-trick pony, he's got a good long shot.  If you build the way you play around that, he'll do alright.  If you expect him to do literally anything else - run, pass, tackle, mark - he's going to look even worse at higher level.

2 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

This just cropped up in my mind..

Does anyone remember a trialist who played for us one preseason, was absolutely shit hot and ended up signing for Leicester? I wanna say he was a Portuguese Winger? Any ideas were he's at nowadays?

I seem to remember him, don't think he played too many games for Leicester, could be wrong though, was it Rodriguez?

11 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Does anyone remember a trialist who played for us one preseason, was absolutely shit hot and ended up signing for Leicester? I wanna say he was a Portuguese Winger? Any ideas were he's at nowadays?

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I seem to remember him, don't think he played too many games for Leicester, could be wrong though, was it Rodriguez?

During the Robinson pre season - can't remember his name but yes looked a good player 

Edited by Chaddyexile84

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

yes he was mega in that match. appantley fuckall to do w Marco but was rather close (or at least as l remember 😂)

• Like 1