Ex players and that

On 5/14/2023 at 12:33 PM, Monty Burns said:

Latics' fans refusual to believe young players can improve as they age, with the correct support, has a similar impact on me.

not to mention the higher peak and maturity age for 'Keepers.

On 11/6/2012 at 10:56 PM, PlayItLivo said:

We're playing James Tarkowski at cb. He's :censored:, a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near a league one team. That shows the lack of depth we have to our squad, particularly defence. If our offence is top of the table standard then our defence is most definitely rock bottom with 10 points deducted standard.

On 5/24/2013 at 11:07 AM, 4froale said:

never really rated tarky, he far too often tries stevie gerrard 40 yard passes, most of the of which end up in touch. He's also usually blowing out of his arse at the hour mark. He might make it in league 2 but I really don't think he is good enough for us and im hoping that he isn't our first choice centre half come next season. I would love to be proven wrong like.

We're not always the best judge of young players!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barrow are now training locally using FC Uniteds facilities as they continue to train during the week 100 miles out of town, it obviously works for them and probably allows them to attract a better standard of player from a bigger catchment area, probably suits Pete Wild as well.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Barrow are now training locally using FC Uniteds facilities as they continue to train during the week 100 miles out of town, it obviously works for them and probably allows them to attract a better standard of player from a bigger catchment area, probably suits Pete Wild as well.

I thought they'd bought De la Salle in Salford?

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Chris Taylor retires at the age of 36.

I'll never forget his celebration at Carlisle by jumping into the away end and being mobbed.

Also his dad Dave who used to go to away games on the trains with us and always enjoyed a drink.!!

52 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

“Always enjoyed a drink” shorthand for complete pisscan. 😂

I tried an understatement. Lol.

I'll never forget waiting at Bournemouth  Station while he went for a box of beers and trying to stop the guard from the last train back leaving.

Thankfully he nade it by a second.

Also back late at Piccadlly talking the police out of arresting him!!!!

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We could build (have built) a team round him !

Reckon he’d have plenty of league 1 clubs after him. He did well their in their promotion from league 1, so i’d say thats his level at this stage of his career. 

9 hours ago, daniel said:

Reckon he’d have plenty of league 1 clubs after him. He did well their in their promotion from league 1, so i’d say thats his level at this stage of his career. 

He spent most of the time at Shrewsbury on loan i think.

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

He spent most of the time at Shrewsbury on loan i think.

He spent last season on loan there, making 39 appearances, whilst Sunderland were in the championship. In the 2 seasons prior to that, when Sunderland were league 1, he made 60 appearances for them, so was definitely in and around their squad. My point being, he’s spent the last few years starting or being in the squad of league 1 clubs. 

8 hours ago, daniel said:

He spent last season on loan there, making 39 appearances, whilst Sunderland were in the championship. In the 2 seasons prior to that, when Sunderland were league 1, he made 60 appearances for them, so was definitely in and around their squad. My point being, he’s spent the last few years starting or being in the squad of league 1 clubs. 

Would that have been under Lee Johnson who took him there and backing his signing?.