Blackpool (H)

Wins a win.

Byrnes attitude fucking stinks, I know he will feel aggrieved because he is being asked to do something he doesn't want to at times but his lack of respect and more importantly professionalism is a sad sight, talent is unquestionable but its not difficult to see why many a manager won't entertain him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Fane has been one of our most consistent performers this season,  I'm surprised at the amount of grief he still gets. 

Conversely I'm surprised at the amount of people who think he is any good. 

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wins a win.

Byrnes attitude fucking stinks, I know he will feel aggrieved because he is being asked to do something he doesn't want to at times but his lack of respect and more importantly professionalism is a sad sight, talent is unquestionable but its not difficult to see why many a manager won't entertain him.

Would he have changed the game today without that 'stinking' attitude?

5 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

He's not a world beater, but he's definitely more of an asset than no marks like Pringle etc 

Depends on the situation when winning, yes, when drawing depends, but absolutely not when behind. His lack of footballing ability is a liability when we are behind. Given our goals conceded record and the number of times we go behind in games I am amazed at the lack of criticism Fane has got. He runs around, sure, but we can buy an actual runner to do that. 

He is improving I'll give you that but not of late but actually I feel he has regressed from his improvement earlier in the season. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If fane is starting next year, we will be battling relegation again. I like what he does, but he’s not going to be playing for a team at the top end of the table anytime soon. 

Yeah agree with that. Still probably gonna vote for him as Player of the Season though...

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Would he have changed the game today without that 'stinking' attitude?

Who knows but imagine how good he could be if he appreciated the undoubted ability he has and acted like the professional he is paid to be. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Who knows but imagine how good he could be if he appreciated the undoubted ability he has and acted like the professional he is paid to be. 

He's 21 and has had an ineffective run, for which you're making a total assumption is down to a poor attitude. You're acting as if he's a washed up 30 year old former prodigy. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

He's 21 and has had an ineffective run, for which you're making a total assumption is down to a poor attitude. You're acting as if he's a washed up 30 year old former prodigy. 

I'm not making assumptions, his bad attitude has been evident since near on day one, he gets away with it because on his day he shows glimpses of what he could be. I know many of our fans will overlook this but for me he really comes across as a bad apple, constantly challenging Wellens and on occasions going after him in my book is not on, whats all that about heading over to the bench after he scored today only to be held back by a couple of team mates? Needs to grow up a bit in my opinion and stop being the Billy Big Bollocks, why should he take the piss before kick off and not warm up with the rest of the subs at half time? He's no different from the rest of the lads but somehow thinks he is.

A big well done to our groundstaff today for managing to get the game on in adverse conditions. Was dogwalking this morning and the amount of standing water on the fields was immense so I seriously doubted the match would be on. They've had their detractors in the past so it's only fair to praise when they get it right !

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

A big well done to our groundstaff today for managing to get the game on in adverse conditions. Was dogwalking this morning and the amount of standing water on the fields was immense so I seriously doubted the match would be on. They've had their detractors in the past so it's only fair to praise when they get it right !

Yeah well done for doing what you get paid for groundsman. The way you stuck the fork in was immense. 

And how come you was walking like a dog anyway ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

If fane is starting next year, we will be battling relegation again. I like what he does, but he’s not going to be playing for a team at the top end of the table anytime soon. 

Agreed hes good enough to help a team battling against relegation playing in the destroyer role but if you want to get out of this division you need someone who can both break up play and pass the ball abit.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

It was reported on radio manc that he through a strop after finding out he was on the bench. These rumours of an attitude do appear to have some substance.

Now I dont expect him to like being dropped but he has to respect the managers decision. He hasnt been playing well so its not unreasonable to be dropped. hes 21 and Id say its pretty certain that getting dropped to the bench will happen to him again he wont like he might not agree with it but hes going to have to learn to suck it up and work his way back into the team. His response when he came on was first class

On the subject of his position yes his best position is number 10 Im sure he thinks so too. But he wont always get to play there tactics and whos in the squad might dictate otherwise. Its not beyond him to play right mid in a 4-4-2. He has played the majority of the season on the right side of a 4-4-2 and he gave a brilliant performance playing there against Blackburn at BP earlier in the season where he rightly scooped man of the match he can play there. If he wants a role model he should look at someone like Christian Erikson at Tottenham who probably is a number 10 but plays right mid to accomodate other players and does it extremely effectively.

3 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Oxford aren’t in decent form and a win next week would alleviate a lot of pressure ahead of some crunch games against teams around us, whilst maintaining some games in hand. 

Wellens needs to get the lads up for it all week. We won there around a similar time last season. We can do it again.

Did we....the away game I went to ended 1-1?

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m sure our managers consult this site when making changes. Can’t agree with dropping Byrne as he’s arguably our best player, just playing him in the correct position would help enormously. I’m not sure Bryan paired with Edmundson is a good idea either.

6 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Unbelievable that Byrne gets dropped and that clown Fane starts

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Byrne is as shit as Fane at the moment and has done nothing for weeks, if they'd both been dropped they could have no complaints, as good as Byrne is he isn't bigger than the team.

6 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Paddy Mac will be a decent replacement for Byrne, I’d have thought. Looked like he could unlock a defence, however Byrne shouldn’t be getting dropped. Wellens seems to be treating him quite harshly for whatever reason, but other than through Doyle I don’t see how Byrne is expected to contribute to a side which lacks runners and wide players.

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Byrne sulking. Potential bad egg this lad. 

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Might come on and prove a point, might come on and not be bothered. I reckon it will be the first 

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Hope so. Moping around like a brat before kick off. 

6 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Any decent footballer with self respect would be if Fane was getting in the side ahead of them

6 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

My Wigan supporting mate told me Byrne’s ability wasn’t in question but his attitude was when I expressed disbelief they’d let him go. Looks like we’ve another twat who can’t get his act together ala Baxter 

5 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

That slapped arse little cunt Byrne had better sort himself out, only one not warming up at half time. He’s taking the piss. 

Sooooo...... a selection of comments posted before the match and at half time. 

Anyone who who went to the game today will realise how well Fane played today and how important he is to the balance of the side. Byrne was dropped and rightly so as it gave him the kick up the backside he clearly needed. He is still young and obviously cares. He made the difference when he came on.  The comments I reposted above make interesting reading. ? 

Sad too that some resort to vile personal abuse 

A good performance today and a much needed victory. 

19 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Did we....the away game I went to ended 1-1?

Was that the game that we took an early lead in and then proceeded to park the bus? Although Robinson was in charge so I think we parked the bus at kickoff. Oxford battered us from then onwards IIRC. We beat them at BP at this point last season though.

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah well done for doing what you get paid for groundsman. The way you stuck the fork in was immense. 

And how come you was walking like a dog anyway ? 

Not everyone who's being paid by the club has done their job this season so I thought they deserved a bit of credit instead of the usual criticism.

And how I walk is my business.

Thought first half was poor. McEleney non- existant, marked nobody and had hunt marking two when we were defending. Showed glimses of quality in his delivery but way off the pace. 

Nazon wasn’t on it and doesn’t seem to link up well with Doyle. 

Edmundson was superb today no nonsense and did really well against Vasell who is a big lad.  

Byrne finally played in his correct position and oozed class every time he got the ball. Amazing what happens when they are played in the right position! 

Gardner not will to put a tackle in and always looks finished come 60 mins. Gave the ball away so much second half. Looked a lot more comfortable in a midfield 3. 

Fane is talked about so much in a negative light yet people don’t realise you take him out and they would have walked through our midfield today. All he is there to do is break the play up and what he is does I would say he is one of the better ones at doing it in the league. No he isn’t great on the ball but the ground he covers and the tackles he makes are massive. Gardner is scared of a tackle, Byrne isn’t that sort of player and neither is Pringle. Don’t know who people are expecting to do the dirty work in the middle without him. 

Edited by adamoafc