Blackpool (H)

Grimsby league predictor end table based on results thus far.

1 Wigan 46 +53 99
2 Blackburn 46 +45 98
3 Shrewsbury 46 +31 97
4 Rotherham 46 +19 77
5 Plymouth 46 +4 72
6 Scunthorpe 46 +9 69
7 Charlton 46 +3 68
8 Peterborough 46 +12 67
9 Doncaster 46 +7 66
10 Portsmouth 46 +1 66
11 Fleetwood Town 46 +0 64
12 Gillingham 46 +1 62
13 Bradford 46 -9 62
14 Walsall 46 -3 60
15 Southend 46 -12 58
16 Bristol Rovers 46 -10 57
17 Oldham 46 -15 55
18 Blackpool 46 -8 53
19 Oxford Utd 46 -11 52
20 AFC Wimbledon 46 -15 49
21 Rochdale 46 -13 47
22 MK Dons 46 -18 47
23 Northampton 46 -36 44
24 Bury 46 -35 32

Don’t think we were great, but we deserved to win with chances created. Doyle should have scored 3, positive that he’s in a position to do so and that we look to be creating chances again. Fane was much improved today, read above that Gardner was good but I thought he had a poor game and was guilty of giving the ball away too much. Mceleny I thought looked good, made some runs and can cross a ball well, I thought Pringle was poor AGAIN, would be looking to see more of Mceleny instead of Pringle. Hopefully RW dropping Byrne gave him a kick up the arse he needed, he was excellent when he came on. Defensively we looked OK, goal apart. Thought Hunt had a shaky 1st half but was good in the 2nd half. I’m still not sure on Edmundson but he did OK. Moimbe was good again, I like him and would be offering him a deal for next season. 

Huge win that, onwards and upwards hopefully.

..Priceless win today.Poor start and their scorer went round our defenders far too easily for their goal.

Second half much better and Wellens subs made an immediate impact.Great goal from Byrne and Owens winner was always on the cards.

Fane grafted his socks off even though he should have done better with his shot.Gardner had a poor second half.

Conditions were poor .Delighted with the commitment and passion in the second half.RW must have read the riot act at half time.

Well done Latics.

Oxford aren’t in decent form and a win next week would alleviate a lot of pressure ahead of some crunch games against teams around us, whilst maintaining some games in hand. 

Wellens needs to get the lads up for it all week. We won there around a similar time last season. We can do it again.

Just now, leeslover said:

Bit surprised that many thought we were terrible first half. It was a dreadful game but we were muchthe better side and we had some semblance of a shape. Fane was positive in his play, can't see why he was slated.

I thought we where okay, I think the formation with Doyle up top on his own is the formation we should play, bit more structure to the side.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

Bit surprised that many thought we were terrible first half. It was a dreadful game but we were muchthe better side and we had some semblance of a shape. Fane was positive in his play, can't see why he was slated.

Stop being sensible. Don't you know this is a day for unfettered hysteria?

Doyle is the fifth top scorer in the league, despite 3 months out. Ridiculous 

Byrne was excellent coming on in his best position, changed the game. Gardner and Fane also good. It wasn't a classic performance by any means, but at this stage of the season that doesn't matter. Massive win given the results around us 

On the flip side I thought, a few spells in the first half aside, Blackpool where very poor. I wouldn't be surprised if they get dragged into it in the final few weeks

There weren't many better players on the park today than Fane, in poor conditions he broke the play up well and drove us forward on quite a few occasions, also thought after a shaky 1st half young George grew into the game and was solid in the 2nd half, I really think with the right coaching we could have a diamond on our hands.

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

Fane can be effective, but he literally can't kick a ball. It's a minor miracle he's a professional footballer. 

Disagree.Overall this season he has put in a lot of good performances.He needs to improve on his shooting which let's his overall play down.

His main asset is his tackling ability and effort he puts into each game.