Squad movements, summer 2018

17 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Which is?

I assume to invest and get into the premiership - as daft as that sounds with Latics, I assume to invest and hope the club turns a corner then begins to draw a profit. 

1 season in the Premier league with TV Money and "finishing place" money nowadays and the owners are laughing. 

Read something recently that said Huddersfield had already earned more being in the premiership from this 1 season than about 20 teams who have had multiple seasons in the league, simply due to the bonkers TV money. 

(The above figure may be exaggerated, may have been about 10 teams, but still) 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Does anybody understand why he bought the club in the first place? Given the description on here of who owns what at Boundary Park the purchase seems even more bizarre.

Maybe he thought he would buy the club and buy the rest at a later date if Blitz and Gazal are willing to sell.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You really think he would come in and spend all his money and he’s been here 5 months and he’s ran out ? What would be the point of him doing that ? Makes no sense for anybody. 

The simple fact is no one knows. 

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You really think he would come in and spend all his money and he’s been here 5 months and he’s ran out ? What would be the point of him doing that ? Makes no sense for anybody. 

Who knows. A fool and his money...

Hopefully AL isn’t a fool but nobody knows  

17 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Does anybody understand why he bought the club in the first place? Given the description on here of who owns what at Boundary Park the purchase seems even more bizarre.

It's to move associated players into and out of the club (for one reason and another) isn't it?

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Needs extending after a couple of good signings like Baxter - not a non French #frenchlad at this stage!

Signing someone with a dubious past and who hasn't played football for two years is a good signing? Seems like more of a gamble to me

5 hours ago, cmr said:

Signing someone with a dubious past and who hasn't played football for two years is a good signing? Seems like more of a gamble to me

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh?

Great signing for League Two. 

Squad list updated.

54 minutes ago, Ryan said:

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-wilfried-moimbe-je-preferais-evoluer-six-mois-en-d3-plutot-que-de-ne-rien-faire/905647

Moimbe on his way. He has offers from Championship clubs and some teams back in France.

No wonder AL suspended him if he is this loose tongued!

Also it sort of contradicts what Wellens said about no contact (or did he say calls but missed out texts) but that is splitting hairs.

I tihnk he is the one that rejected the offer! But seems like they agreed a pay off.

Transfer Market, Wilfried Moimbé: "I preferred playing for six months in D3 rather than doing nothing"

A free agent after the end of his deal at FC Nantes, Wilfried Moimbé (29) returns from six months in English D3. With the desire to revive and forget his physical worries that have disabled him.

"Wilfried, we had left you on the departure of Nantes during the last winter transfer window. How have your last six months gone? 
I was loaned to Oldham (21st of 24 in English D3 in 2017-18) by FC Nantes for playing time. I played eleven games, and despite two red cards, it happened as I wanted it. 

Is it difficult for a pro player who has known the elite to fall back into D3? 
No. You know, when you do not play for six months ... I was so hungry that I found myself in D3, D4, or China, it did not bother me. I just wanted to match  minutes, have fun and show that I was not finished. I preferred to spend six months in D3 rather than doing nothing.

How can you explain why you did not play at FC Nantes in the first half of the season? 
At the very beginning (2015-16) , it went well, I played as first choice. I had some injuries, but I was in the field when I was fit. Later, Lima arrived, he played well, so I had a little more trouble. And when Ranieri signed, he did not count on me because he preferred a defensive player, the opposite of mine. He wanted me to play middle left, a position where I have trouble because it is not my best position. I continued to train to show him that I was there ... 

Did contact with Claudio Ranieri break down?
There were discussions at the beginning. We had an appointment after two or three weeks. He told me that my attacking game was not adapted to his game and that he kept me in competition at the left middle position. There, I told him that it did not bother me to troubleshoot, but that's not where I'm the best. Basically, he ended up throwing me: "As a left back, you will never play." I then asked of I could leave, he did not hold me back.
"England? I like this atmosphere: they live football! "
Do you have any regrets about your time at Nantes? 
A little bit. I had a lot of injuries. This logically cast doubt on the leaders who then recruited someone to create competition. Without these injuries, it could have been better. This is the only regret I have. Now, I'm 29, I'm almost dead (I think that is the interpretation, the literal one is under the sole or under the soil)

What is now the goal for you now you are a free agent? 
There have already been approaches from some clubs in [French] Ligue 1, Ligue 2 and D2 English. I discovered England in D3, I would like to leave there, why not in Championship for example. But, otherwise, having spent good times in France, Ligue 1 can also be a possibility. I do not close any door. I will wait.

What did you like in England? 
The atmosphere in the stadiums. The succession of matches. I did not play for six months, we played almost three games a week! With intensity, kick and rush, they play to win every time. I like the English game and all this atmosphere: they live football! "

Edited by singe

• "we played almost three games a week!"  Translation: " we played 2 games a week! Apart from when I was banned! Zoot alors!"
  • "I played eleven games, and despite two red cards, it happened as I wanted it."  Translation: "I really fucked up. I gave away a penalty for smacking a guy in the last minute and he didn't even have the ball! It cost 2 points and led to our relegation. Anyway, that's in the past...waiter, more Pernod please, these bottles are all empty."

On 29/05/2018 at 3:50 PM, whittles left foot said:

He said his ambition was always to be a president of a football club. We were a club that was clearly available and he knew Corney.

Football is a business where the majority of people get into knowing they wont make money. People can do this because they love football. Some people do naively think they can make money out of it. No doubt our previous owners thought this in 2003 when they saw the land that came with the football club but it very rarely happens certainly not for clubs at this level.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-wilfried-moimbe-je-preferais-evoluer-six-mois-en-d3-plutot-que-de-ne-rien-faire/905647

Moimbe on his way. He has offers from Championship clubs and some teams back in France.

Au revoir 

merci pour rien

there were many other reasons, but the red card and penalty against Gillingham cost us 2 points and was the difference between us staying up and being relegated 

Edited by stevesidg

11 hours ago, singe said:

No wonder AL suspended him if he is this loose tongued!

Also it sort of contradicts what Wellens said about no contact (or did he say calls but missed out texts) but that is splitting hairs.

I tihnk he is the one that rejected the offer! But seems like they agreed a pay off.

Transfer Market, Wilfried Moimbé: "I preferred playing for six months in D3 rather than doing nothing"

A free agent after the end of his deal at FC Nantes, Wilfried Moimbé (29) returns from six months in English D3. With the desire to revive and forget his physical worries that have disabled him.

"Wilfried, we had left you on the departure of Nantes during the last winter transfer window. How have your last six months gone? 
I was loaned to Oldham (21st of 24 in English D3 in 2017-18) by FC Nantes for playing time. I played eleven games, and despite two red cards, it happened as I wanted it. 

Is it difficult for a pro player who has known the elite to fall back into D3? 
No. You know, when you do not play for six months ... I was so hungry that I found myself in D3, D4, or China, it did not bother me. I just wanted to match  minutes, have fun and show that I was not finished. I preferred to spend six months in D3 rather than doing nothing.

How can you explain why you did not play at FC Nantes in the first half of the season? 
At the very beginning (2015-16) , it went well, I played as first choice. I had some injuries, but I was in the field when I was fit. Later, Lima arrived, he played well, so I had a little more trouble. And when Ranieri signed, he did not count on me because he preferred a defensive player, the opposite of mine. He wanted me to play middle left, a position where I have trouble because it is not my best position. I continued to train to show him that I was there ... 

Did contact with Claudio Ranieri break down?
There were discussions at the beginning. We had an appointment after two or three weeks. He told me that my attacking game was not adapted to his game and that he kept me in competition at the left middle position. There, I told him that it did not bother me to troubleshoot, but that's not where I'm the best. Basically, he ended up throwing me: "As a left back, you will never play." I then asked of I could leave, he did not hold me back.
"England? I like this atmosphere: they live football! "
Do you have any regrets about your time at Nantes? 
A little bit. I had a lot of injuries. This logically cast doubt on the leaders who then recruited someone to create competition. Without these injuries, it could have been better. This is the only regret I have. Now, I'm 29, I'm almost dead (I think that is the interpretation, the literal one is under the sole or under the soil)

What is now the goal for you now you are a free agent? 
There have already been approaches from some clubs in [French] Ligue 1, Ligue 2 and D2 English. I discovered England in D3, I would like to leave there, why not in Championship for example. But, otherwise, having spent good times in France, Ligue 1 can also be a possibility. I do not close any door. I will wait.

What did you like in England? 
The atmosphere in the stadiums. The succession of matches. I did not play for six months, we played almost three games a week! With intensity, kick and rush, they play to win every time. I like the English game and all this atmosphere: they live football! "

Hang on is he actually saying he intended to get sent off and give the penalty away so we had a chance of relegation. If this is true it’s outrageous. 

1 minute ago, OldHallam said:

Moimbe a tosser simple as good riddance. Cost us points with infantile hair pulling and lack of class.. Hes not that good he can pick and choose offers will be amazed if still in England come August. Better than Connor Brown but who isnt. 

Agreed.Another one who cost us at Blackburn and home against Gillingham.I like your comment about Brown!!

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Hang on is he actually saying he intended to get sent off and give the penalty away so we had a chance of relegation. If this is true it’s outrageous. 

No, that is referring to him being loaned to us. 

Just a translation and punctuation blip.