#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Not meaning to single you out particularly, Worcester but this is a classic example of someone not understanding properly the cultural issues. I lived out in Thailand for a couple of years and had heard the phrase "losing face" many times (i.e. a Thai man will never "lose face" - if he does he loses his honour). Never really got it until I witnessed the horrific beating of an Australian man who refused to just smile and back down in a very minor row with a Thai man over around £1. Truly horrific to witness but apparently the Thai man could not back down or he would have had to leave town over "losing face" - simple as that. The Thai police were pretty indifferent to the matter - intimating that the westerner should have appreciated this aspect of their culture (losing face).

As you travel east "losing face" is a massive cultural thing that we will never understand properly in the west. It's akin to trying to understand so called "honour killings". I`m told that "losing face" is at least on a par with the issue of "money" here. Last I`ll say on the matter - you either get it or you don't (and that's no criticism of anyone who has no experience of it).

I understand what you are saying, but I think he can't face losing around £3.5m. 

In either case we could never get rid of him if he can't walk away until he thinks he can do it without feeling like he's lost face, which is unthinkable. 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, adamoafc said:

It might be me being a cynical so and so, but as the club have clearly being inflating attendance figures has anyone contacted Port Vale and Forest Green fans asking them to take pictures showing the home attendance for both games?

This would also highlight the issues around the club artificially inflating attendance figures. 

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If any of these organisations tell you that they hear what you are saying it means they will do nothing.

Insist that's not an acceptable answer, you want definate actions in writing.

The FSA? Don't think they have any power to act. 

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The FSA? Don't think they have any power to act. 

All supporter groups are asked to go via the FSA for initial meetings as the EFL like to keep the FSA in the loop and then a joint meeting can be held. 

l'm off for Xmas now so l'll do both of these. l'm a ST holder but lve not attended the last few and when l do attend l stay to the end so actually attending followed by attend then walk out is kinda doin the opposite for me 😆

Good proactivity here fighting the dip.

Not sure where to put this, so I will try it here.

As a bit of fun. Can anybody name the club this quote refers to? 

“While individual decisions on players and tactics are not within the Trust’s remit, it is our job to question wider strategy when performance on the pitch falls short,” the trust says. “The club has decided it does not want to address the questions many fans are asking. It has declined to speak to the board of its official supporters’ trust.”

PS. It is not OAFC.

Nice one!!!

Posted about their owner Joe Lewis-457th richest man in the world with a £4.8 billion fortune.

Here is another quote:-

The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust is demanding a meeting with Lewis and Levy, saying the poor start to the season has “led many to question the focus of THFC’s board, what its objectives are and how it measures progress”.

Local lad made good as well.

Tottenham 9th in the PL.

Archived