#ReclaimTheFaith

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Agreed, 

But ultimately it’s a money game. I suppose getting a concrete selling figure rather than a speculative one would help know where we are. 

I will show my arse if he gives anything like a concrete figure to a fan meeting - it’s like showing your hand before the final bets 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m hoping he can be convinced that selling up will be his best option and realising that there is no way back and the point of no return has been well and truly passed.

The vast majority of the fanbase want him out and even a promise of more funding shouldn’t make a scrap of difference.

Slowly Slowly has definitely turned to STOP!!

Whatever comes out of the meeting, good or bad, should almost certainly  determine our future course of action

I think if he's determined to hang on  under the promise of improvement. Then that needs to come with the condition that his brother goes. But like a lot of fans I am of the belief that it is past the point of no return. That he needs to cut his losses and sell up. I don't think Mo will give up what he sees as his precious little vanity toy so easily. 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Nice of Adam M to come out with such a statement before even given the groups a chance to say their piece. Not good 

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

“Trying to kill the club”.. what an absolute weapon.

He said it all on Talk Sport before the meeting was arranged 

he is still a tool 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He said it all on Talk Sport before the meeting was arranged 

he is still a tool 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's not a new quote it's just what was said on Talksport. But yes he is a Nuclear Weapon.

Oh yes absolutely. And whether the comment was intentional or naive, It must still rattle my cage.

17 hours ago, singe said:

Not rattled, just disappointed by several of your points. Especially given your respected stature and invaluable experience.

I have merely outlined my view that our trust must focus on building up its bank balance and planning for the current owner’s departure (in what ever way that happens) as a priority and highlighted its years of under performance in that respect - including a period during which I was involved. No one individuals fault as such rather a lack of effective leadership.  

I am sorry if the expression of my views disappoint but now is not the time to take offence 

I look forward to seeing the trust move in a new direction. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, adamoafc said:

I doubt anything could be done to stop AL appointing him. Surely the EFL can't stop him employing a CEO if he's not on the board. They don't seem interested in getting involved in maters like this.

53 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I doubt anything could be done to stop AL appointing him. Surely the EFL can't stop him employing a CEO if he's not on the board. They don't seem interested in getting involved in maters like this.

And neither should they. 

• 2 weeks later...

Said it many times before. The club has got to implode before we can see a better future on the horizon. Numerous examples of clubs rising from the ashes - Brighton, Doncaster, Rotherham. Bury will be above us in five years, Stockport in 3. 

I am envious of bury for having the opportunity to rebuild with fans at the heart. Ok, a few years cut adrift. So what? My club is dead anyway but at least bury is now waking up.

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Said it many times before. The club has got to implode before we can see a better future on the horizon. Numerous examples of clubs rising from the ashes - Brighton, Doncaster, Rotherham. Bury will be above us in five years, Stockport in 3. 

I am envious of bury for having the opportunity to rebuild with fans at the heart. Ok, a few years cut adrift. So what? My club is dead anyway but at least bury is now waking up.

Amen. 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Ok, a few years cut adrift. So what? My club is dead anyway…

The more I read and hear about the Premier League and the way it is going (Salah allegedly wanting £500k per week in his new contract being the latest example) the more I think about the sort of club I want to support. 

Maybe dropping out of the league structure will allow the club to rebuild and regain its soul. 

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

The more I read and hear about the Premier League and the way it is going (Salah allegedly wanting £500k per week in his new contract being the latest example) the more I think about the sort of club I want to support. 

Maybe dropping out of the league structure will allow the club to rebuild and regain its soul. 

The EFL should have let the super league happen. It was for the best and still is.

Chance for the EFL (and rest of the Prem that can’t keep up) to reset and find a new sustainable existence based on the principles which we all wish our clubs were able to live by. 

Archived