MATCH: Cambridge

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game I've got to in donkeys.

We're miles better than them on an individual level, which gives me hope when you look at their position in the table. Was particularly impressed with Clarke and McCalmont, and it's pretty clear McAleny is one of the best players in the league in terms of natural footballing ability, making his own chances and composure in front of goal.

Unbelievable amounts of space in the midfield all game for a decent player to utilise - they didn't have anybody who could, and it looked like unless McAleny got hold of it nor did we, Ntambwe and Garrity are limited footballers, though the former had a positive game particularly in the second half which might have been the reason we pulled away, his presence in tight spaces and then the head to play the simple ball. As we pushed forward Cambridge dropped deep, and resorted to hoof-balling it into Mullin, dealt with easily by Lawlor. I'm optimistic to think Rowe and Bahamboula (what a player that lad is to bring on) are waiting in the wings, and Dearnley to come back. We can't be far from making a serious challenge.

Win or lose though, best part was being able to go to a game again. Missed everything about it, and it really hit home how the rituals of the Saturday 3 o'clock kick-off are so important to me and probably many others. Only disappointment was not being able to share the winning feeling with other Tics...

2 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

No problem....he hasn’t scored in the league for 12 days....nothing to discuss in those 12 days of my self isolation . 4 in 16 league games now.....not a lot to discuss really ? 

Yet you want us to discuss it?

4 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

No problem....he hasn’t scored in the league for 12 days....nothing to discuss in those 12 days of my self isolation . 4 in 16 league games now.....not a lot to discuss really ? 

Hahaha. That's funny. Total piss take. 

Of course, you're right. There is nothing to discuss. He's been brilliant. Have you watched every game? If so, then you'll know that he leads the team from the front, he's a playmaker and scores a variety of goals. He's the best centre forward in the league and the best we've had for a long time.

Nothing to discuss. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If mods are happy with the consistent wind up, surely they can let a measured response like LightDN123's slide...

Unhappy doesn't really describe it - it's pathetically unoriginal trolling being answered with exactly what the individual wants. I don't know how to describe that. How do I succinctly describe 'I give up, that's the response that they want you to give'?

...and doesn't measured means it was carefully thought out? Yeah, well it wasn't.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

You can’t debate with wilful ignorance and pure contrariness.  Best ignored. 

This guy gets it.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unhappy doesn't really describe it - it's pathetically unoriginal trolling being answered with exactly what the individual wants. I don't know how to describe that. How do I succinctly describe 'I give up, that's the response that they want you to give'?

...and doesn't measured means it was carefully thought out? Yeah, well it wasn't.

This guy gets it.

Any chance of a quick reminder of how to ignore users? 

Think a few might be grateful 

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Any chance of a quick reminder of how to ignore users? 

Think a few might be grateful 

Of course, hover over a username and a small pop-up with the details of the user appears - you'll see IGNORE USER at the bottom middle  of that panel - then select ignore.

8 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

RIGGED ELECTION! 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Doesn't really work as you see people's responses.  Best just to ignore

Also, once they Cotton on what's happened they make a new account. It's best to read everything then you pick up when it happens. Madge and that guy who met Corney like to do this. I think using an ignore button says more about the ignorer than the ignored and leads to the echo chamber mentalities which are rapidly accelerating the firey demise of humanity.

Archived