January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sheep Foot said:

Pressure to do what?   To reach an agreement/ settlement?.    aka a compromise 

Phillpot to Rowe, “Danny, you’re causing me a fkin headache here lad, demanding all this Furlough top-up money, can you knock it off?”

Rowe to Phillpot, “...but they owe it me Lee...”

Phillpot to Rowe, “Listen, just agree to what they want for now & I’ll try to get them to pay some of it later.”

Rowe to Phillpot, “....and what if they don’t....?”

Phillpot to Rowe, “Look, they’re gonna be proper c*nts to David & Gary, you’re 30 now, this is your 1st league club, you wanna keep your head down, score a few goals and then we’ll fook em off at the end of your contract”

Rowe to Phillpot, “I don’t want to stay here, that is for certain. Dave Challinor has gone to Hartlepool, I’d quite like to go there”

Phillpot to Mo, “Right you cuddly flat cap wearing teddy bear, I’ve sorted it. Now, about my lad Sido, he’s a fkin legend. Quick. Full of tricks. I don’t know what Wycombe are doing letting him go. He’s a steal for you. Ignore what that big armed bastard says about his positioning, he knows nowt anyway.”

24 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Phillpot to Rowe, “Danny, you’re causing me a fkin headache here lad, demanding all this Furlough top-up money, can you knock it off?”

Phillpot to Rowe, “Listen, just agree to what they want for now & I’ll try to get them to pay some of it later.”

Phillpot to Rowe, “Look, they’re gonna be proper c*nts to David & Gary, you’re 30 now, this is your 1st league club, you wanna keep your head down, score a few goals and then we’ll fook em off at the end of your contract”

Rowe to Phillpot, “I don’t want to stay here, that is for certain. Dave Challinor has gone to Hartlepool, I’d quite like to go there”

Phillpot to Mo, “Right you cuddly flat cap wearing teddy bear, I’ve sorted it. Now, about my lad Sido, he’s a fkin legend. Quick. Full of tricks. I don’t know what Wycombe are doing letting him go. He’s a steal for you. Ignore what that big armed bastard says about his positioning, he knows nowt anyway.”

So the outcome of this best seller is a compromise between Mo and Lee......stick to your day job. 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Blimey, you even pretend to know the words now for your imaginary scenario.

9 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

So the outcome of this best seller is a compromise between Mo and Lee......stick to your day job. 

Its not a compromise between the club and Rowe tho is it? It’s very much one sided in that regard. Do what Marco & Mo say, or you’re banished to the youth and will never play for the 1st team again. We’ve seen this scenario play out countless times.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Its not a compromise between the club and Rowe tho is it? It’s very much one sided in that regard. Do what Marco & Mo say, or you’re banished to the youth and will never play for the 1st team again. We’ve seen this scenario play out countless times.

He's hardly some kid just making his way in the game, wouldn't be short of suitors in the National League.

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's hardly some kid just making his way in the game, wouldn't be short of suitors in the National League.

A year with the kids, a lack of match sharpness & another season with a poor return of goals could be the event(s) that bring about a premature end to his career. So Phillpot says, just get your head down for this season. Keep yourself fit & relevant by scoring a few worldies and that’ll ensure we get you one more pay day in the summer. We can fook Oldham and these clowns that run the place off then. It’s a perfectly plausible argument for why he’s been involved and Woods and Wheater haven’t.

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

A year with the kids, a lack of match sharpness & another season with a poor return of goals could be the event(s) that bring about a premature end to his career. So Phillpot says, just get your head down for this season. Keep yourself fit & relevant by scoring a few worldies and that’ll ensure we get you one more pay day in the summer. We can fook Oldham and these clowns that run the place off then. It’s a perfectly plausible argument for why he’s been involved and Woods and Wheater haven’t.

We can't know for sure obviously but I'd say your reasoning is extremely plausible. That we can even think along such lines speaks volumes about the credibility and character of ML.

So tell us, while you continue to pursue this fallacy do you also believe in unicorns?

I could go along with that even if it does seem a bit far fetched, the idea that we took Jombati on in return though takes a lot more imagining.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:12 PM, Sheep Foot said:

On 1/16/2021 at 12:02 PM, whittles left foot said:

So tell us, while you continue to pursue this fallacy do you also believe in unicorns?

On 1/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, deyres42 said:

I could go along with that even if it does seem a bit far fetched, the idea that we took Jombati on in return though takes a lot more imagining.

B)

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-bradford-city-open-talks-in-bid-to-sign-league-two-attacker/

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Jesus, that website is an ad riddled swamp.

Don't bother clicking on it - it doesn't tell you anything that isn't in the headline, other than it's Danny Rowe

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Does anybody know he’s being sold, or is it just the rumour mill? 

It seemed a bit suspect him being out injured for that time before and over xmas, we have looked good when he played before he was injured, he has not looked quite the same since he came back.

Someone with his hold up play and his ability to lay the ball off would be difficult to replace at this level.

Certainly Blackwood is not up to it whenever he comes back and Grant who is struggling with Covid according to Kewell, struggled in that role.

Our best performances this season seem to have involved Rowe's inclusion in the team.

Archived