Jump to content

MATCH: vs Cheltenham Town (A) 26/01/21


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s like doing life for a crime you didn’t commit 

I think they'd be better off using a ball. You can't throw a towel that far.   Sorry. 

We could do with a striker to use of the bench, to hold the ball up and be dangerous from set pieces.   But we let him go.     Miss you Urko.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

HK to ask the ref pre match if towels are allowed to be used for throw ins.

I think they'd be better off using a ball. You can't throw a towel that far.

 

Sorry. :getmecoat:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ridiculous that towels are available at all.

It's an unwelcome intervention and just slows the game up even more than usual. Also plenty of them are foul throws which most linesmen are oblivious to.

 

I remember a few years back when we tried it one home match but tried to deny the opposition use of the towels !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’ve never understood why the time taken to dry off a ball with a towel is allowed. 

I always dry my balls off with a towel, why what do you use, perhaps best not go there eh!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I think they'd be better off using a ball. You can't throw a towel that far.

 

Sorry. :getmecoat:

 

We've seen many a Latics team throw in the towel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reminder; it's a 7pm kick off. Post your predictions before 6:50pm then check here to make sure it's gone through. It appears instantly you post so, if it's not there, post again and re-check.

 

You can follow the link any time, so you can check now if you've already posted.

Edited by Bristolatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Another reminder; it's a 7pm kick off. Post your predictions before 6:50pm then check here to make sure it's gone through. It appears instantly you post so, if it's not there, post again and re-check.

 

You can follow the link any time, so you can check now if you've already posted.


I understand that the link to check that you’ve posted includes all predictions to date, but could it be set to report back in reverse order so that the latest predictions appear at the top?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I remember Neil Pointon's throw in gloves. IIRC, he looked a bit like a snooker referee. 

Remember playing Wimbledon at home,Vinnie Jones took their long throws.At the start of the game he shouted over to Pointon and pointed at his gloves and shook his head whilst giving him a bicep flex!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrahamHughes said:

Remember playing Wimbledon at home,Vinnie Jones took their long throws.At the start of the game he shouted over to Pointon and pointed at his gloves and shook his head whilst giving him a bicep flex!

Didn't Pointon claim he had eczema?  I can imagine Jones' reaction to that!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:


I understand that the link to check that you’ve posted includes all predictions to date, but could it be set to report back in reverse order so that the latest predictions appear at the top?

Unfortunately not. You have to scroll down as it is a direct copy of the sheet I work with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Wonder what weird team Kewell will play tonight. As long as our midfield maestro DKD plays we will be fine. 

Perhaps DKD will be in goal with Bilboe & Lawlor manning the midfield. Nothing would surprise me with HK's team selections 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...