SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Mrs S and I have signed. In all my 70 years supporting Latics I've never felt more depressed about the Club's future.

This really should tell the club something Mr S but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears once again. 

I concur with your assessment but have only 51 years of supporting Latics  

31 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Mrs S and I have signed. In all my 70 years supporting Latics I've never felt more depressed about the Club's future.

13 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

This really should tell the club something Mr S but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears once again. 

I concur with your assessment but have only 51 years of supporting Latics  

Bet lifers in Strangeways have similar conversations 

It's around 1800 at the minute which is really good. I was thinking that it needs to reach that 3500 mark for average home attendance but actually given the age of a lot of the die hard supporters there may well be a lot who wouldn't be able to interact with this. Obviously that's not always the case, there's seems to be a fair few of the older generation on here but for example  my dad is 62, doesn't have an e mail address and would have no idea how to sign this 😁

Hopefully we can all share it as widley as possible. 

3 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

It's around 1800 at the minute which is really good. I was thinking that it needs to reach that 3500 mark for average home attendance but actually given the age of a lot of the die hard supporters there may well be a lot who wouldn't be able to interact with this. Obviously that's not always the case, there's seems to be a fair few of the older generation on here but for example  my dad is 62, doesn't have an e mail address and would have no idea how to sign this 😁

FFS Are people seriously thinking a petition is going to influence people who are dealing in £millions ? 

28 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

Do you mean the older generation who routinely book overseas travel and flights , price compare energy, insurance and bank online ? 

2 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

Do you mean the older generation who routinely book overseas travel and flights , price compare energy, insurance and bank online ? 

No, he's clearly talking about the ones which don't. l thought he made that quite obvious😂😂

9 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Somethin like this needs national coverage to even get off the ground. Blackpool did it and got everyone in the country talkin and it took years because their owner dug in. And that included courts and efl etc too. Id love it to work as there's not much we as fans can do. But being a realistic Ronnie I cant see any good coming from it. Just more frustration 

Exaggerated bollocks comment of the season award. Everyone in the country 😂

Plus, defeatist tripe comment of the season award.

Are you Barry, or a close relative by any chance?

Thank goodness for PTB and their positive mindset, such a refreshing contrast to your attitude.

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Exaggerated bollocks comment of the season award. Everyone in the country 😂

Plus, defeatist tripe comment of the season award.

Are you Barry, or a close relative by any chance?

Thank goodness for PTB and their positive mindset, such a refreshing contrast to your attitude.

Unfortunately in this world you can't get anythin done with jus a positive outlook. And its not exaggerated. At the height of it, it was on the major national news channels and papers. Where will ours get to? The oldham chron? That noone outside of Oldham reads? If all the people on your street signed a form to ask you to sell your house would you sell it? Then add in to the fact AL is probs 3,4,5? million down... he ain't gunna sell his house because a few thousand sign an online form.

The idea of doin somethin is great dont get me wrong, as we are watchin our club decline and decline. Ive never seen us do anything but decline in my time. So I get it. But as far as anyone who isn't a latics fan is concerned, noone cares. Its not defeatist, its realism. 

We had one of Britain's top stories. Paul Scholes, English golden generation best players in the world saying he's a genius. Comes back to his boyhood team to manage. 

What happened when he left after 30 odd days saying the owner does this and that? Nothin. Gets a day or 2 coverage, mainly saying that the golden boy failed. Not that the owner is a nob. He had the biggest stages in football to discuss us, which he did once or twice on sky and BT sport. Noone listened. 

As I keep saying, and as I think everyone knows, the only way out is for someone to come in and blow ALs mind with a ridiculous offer. I might sound defeated, but im realistic. I wouldnt have a clue how to go about it but groups like ptb should maybe look at trying to find investors? Do interviews with fans and show how passionate we are. Stick out the odd advert. Seems silly but silly gets attention. Unusual gets attention. Fans wantin to sign a petition to get the owner out isnt that unusual unfortunately 

Seeing Blackpool going into the league 1 play off final and Coventry getting back to the championship its proof that clubs who have been in turmoil and whos situations look grave can turn round.

This problem we see at Oldham Athletic might look terminal but it isn't, and this can get better. A petition alone won't get rid of him we know this but its one more thing adding to the pressure to getting the Lemsagams out the door.

3 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Unfortunately in this world you can't get anythin done with jus a positive outlook. And its not exaggerated. At the height of it, it was on the major national news channels and papers. Where will ours get to? The oldham chron? That noone outside of Oldham reads? If all the people on your street signed a form to ask you to sell your house would you sell it? Then add in to the fact AL is probs 3,4,5? million down... he ain't gunna sell his house because a few thousand sign an online form.

The idea of doin somethin is great dont get me wrong, as we are watchin our club decline and decline. Ive never seen us do anything but decline in my time. So I get it. But as far as anyone who isn't a latics fan is concerned, noone cares. Its not defeatist, its realism. 

We had one of Britain's top stories. Paul Scholes, English golden generation best players in the world saying he's a genius. Comes back to his boyhood team to manage. 

What happened when he left after 30 odd days saying the owner does this and that? Nothin. Gets a day or 2 coverage, mainly saying that the golden boy failed. Not that the owner is a nob. He had the biggest stages in football to discuss us, which he did once or twice on sky and BT sport. Noone listened. 

As I keep saying, and as I think everyone knows, the only way out is for someone to come in and blow ALs mind with a ridiculous offer. I might sound defeated, but im realistic. I wouldnt have a clue how to go about it but groups like ptb should maybe look at trying to find investors? Do interviews with fans and show how passionate we are. Stick out the odd advert. Seems silly but silly gets attention. Unusual gets attention. Fans wantin to sign a petition to get the owner out isnt that unusual unfortunately 

If all the people on your street signed a form to ask you to sell your house would you sell it?

Can I add to Worcester's awards, worst analogy for the above. Alongside  the Magister award for bloody mindedness in the face of overwhelming evidence for maintaining that everyone in the country was talking about Blackpool wasn't an exaggeration. 

11 hours ago, Wednesday said:

Pretty sure I made it clear I wasn't talking about all of them. Your IT skills are adequate but you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension 😉

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd guess he's close to unique

Perhaps not quite as close to unique as you might think - Tables 4 and 6 of the latest data here provide some useful info: 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/datasets/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividualsreferencetables

Over 20% of 55-64 year olds haven't sent or received an email in the last three months; less than half of people aged 65+ use online banking, read the news online etc. 

Don’t understand this mentality that we need the whole country behind our cause to put pressure on our owners because of the shit way they have run the club. If other clubs’ fans get behind us, great. If not, so what? It’s our club, we don’t need affirmation from the wider public who might not give a toss.

Also, the petition is one step. One. I’d much rather see the fan base stand up for themselves and make themselves heard than throw their hands up and admit defeat.

3 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Perhaps not quite as close to unique as you might think - Tables 4 and 6 of the latest data here provide some useful info: 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/datasets/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividualsreferencetables

Over 20% of 55-64 year olds haven't sent or received an email in the last three months; less than half of people aged 65+ use online banking, read the news online etc. 

I would also say that I work in IT and you wouldn't believe the simple things that some people just can't do. Back when everyone started working remote at the start of lockdown 1 I had a woman call in because she couldn't connect to the VPN. When I asked what she thought could be causing it, she said because she doesn't have the Internet at her house, never has. These people do exist. Although she is 100% a very niche case, there are plenty of other less extreme examples, like my dad. Can use a laptop to look at holidays and check the weather 5 times a day but doesn't have an e mail address he could use for something like this. 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

2015 when I looked - club surely has to at least acknowledge it soon?

The club doesent have to do anything and wont it will carry on regardless and ignore like it has done for the last three years but it is still worthwhile as it adds to the build up of background "noise" around the poor behavior of the owners 

Archived