So, The Boycott...?

Just now, League one forever said:

Give over, he wants to go I don’t. He thinks we are on an upward curve- I don’t. So we’ve had a chat about it and a bit of laugh with each other. 

It’s bad trait to come on messages boards and make baseless assumptions about people you don’t know. 

Berating him. . . 😂😂

Give it but can't take it 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Give over, he wants to go I don’t. He thinks we are on an upward curve- I don’t. So we’ve had a chat about it and a bit of laugh with each other. 

It’s a bad trait to come on messages boards and make baseless assumptions about people you don’t know. 

Berating him. . . 😂😂

There was noone harmed during this debate, I'm sure I'm safe to attend away games without having a pie chucked at me, but when you start chanting  my name I know I'm highly thought of on this forum 😀

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

There was noone harmed during this debate, I'm sure I'm safe to attend away games without having a pie chucked at me, but when you start chanting  my name I know I'm highly thought of on this forum 😀

Quite.

We can Chuck pies at each other, be more of a laugh than the football. 😁

For me, it’s away games only for now.

The North Stand reopening is a positive but I need to see the club do more to lift its reputation out of the toilet.

I last had a season ticket in 19/20 and felt that over the years I had done ‘my part’, and the club wasn’t doing theirs. I can deal with us being shit on the pitch, but it’s everything else.

Hopefully things will change soon and I’ll feel like I’m ready to retake my seat in the main stand paddock.

Some need to get over themselves and make a decision now

Either get behind our manager, our players and the club they've loved supporting all their lives (no matter what) or just fade away into the background and enjoy mowing the lawn or whatever else they have planned on Saturday's,

and bloody well stay there.

Why be so damned miserable and put down others who can't wait to get back to BP? It's sad.

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Either get behind our manager, our players and the club they've loved supporting all their lives (no matter what) or just fade away into the background and enjoy mowing the lawn or whatever else they have planned on Saturday's,

Why be so damned miserable and put down others who can't wait to get back to BP? It's sad.

😂 Irony alert. 

Miserable sounding person comes on message board to tell people to get over themselves, and fade away then asks, why put others down, before calling people he claims who do that - sad. 

Meanwhile, it turns out no one has said one thing about individual choice, and has in fact just debated (in a thread about boycotting) there reasons for going and not going. 

17 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Are they really putting down those who want to go? It's you that's giving the stay aways the put down. We really would love to be there supporting the team but the bigger picture plays a huge part. I wouldn't denigrate anyone who wants to keep attending home games, it's all down to personal choice, enjoy your Saturday and I will enjoy mine. 

Yes I will be boycotting. The club is dying and news about a stand opening has turned into something that is celebrated which is absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

Hate everything the Lemsagams are doing and can’t get behind Curle and the dross he’s signed. Heading for another relegation fight in the basement division and to be perfectly honest the place doesn’t feel like Latics anymore. 

The stand issue hasn’t been sorted as a lot are saying. It’s going to be open to fans yes, but what about all those hospitality areas sitting empty? Only when that gets resolved and we start to look a bit like a normal club will I consider the stand issue “sorted”.

15 minutes ago, dpwild said:

Yes I will be boycotting. The club is dying and news about a stand opening has turned into something that is celebrated which is absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

Hate everything the Lemsagams are doing and can’t get behind Curle and the dross he’s signed. Heading for another relegation fight in the basement division and to be perfectly honest the place doesn’t feel like Latics anymore. 

Thanks for logging on, your optimism is infectious.

It's fairly easy for me to say I'm boycotting when in truth from the depths of Worcestershire I must be honest and admit that I don't get to more than 5-6 home games a season plus a few "local" aways in a normal season these days. I will go to some home games this season, I've been away too long.

I respect both those who can't stay away from BP and are itching to get back in there, but also those who boycott in order to get the clowns out. At the end of the day we all want rid of the Lemsagams. 

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The stand issue hasn’t been sorted as a lot are saying. It’s going to be open to fans yes, but what about all those hospitality areas sitting empty? Only when that gets resolved and we start to look a bit like a normal club will I consider the stand issue “sorted”.

Most people don't use the hospitality, obviously it is good to have but getting fans back in the cheap seats is far more important.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their is no new found feel good factor you are deluding yourself.

And you know this for sure? How?

You are just as deluded if you think reading and what you post here reflects the general feeling around BP. There will be many people who have never heard of or care about what is happening backstage, they just want to watch Latics.

It is a new season with many new players and some we are desperate to see in person (Bahambuola) after a year none of us would want to repeat.

Let some posters enjoy the anticipation-reality can set in later!!

47 minutes ago, dpwild said:

Kin ell.  It's nice to hear that someone is so upbeat about the future.  

People must make up their own minds, but I found this thread a bit sad, to be honest. The "life is too short" argument is one that plays both ways I feel ; you may have a long, long time without a club if you don't fight for it while you can.

For those who are boycotting, it won't take hold overnight. I wasn't among the very first boycotting at Blackpool, but a trickle turned into a flood for us. 

Good luck anyway. Freezing my 'nads off at BP has been a part of my life since I was a teenager. I'd like to continue to have the chance.

1 hour ago, dpwild said:

Yeah you’re better off staying away. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

And you know this for sure? How?

You are just as deluded if you think reading and what you post here reflects the general feeling around BP. There will be many people who have never heard of or care about what is happening backstage, they just want to watch Latics.

It is a new season with many new players and some we are desperate to see in person (Bahambuola) after a year none of us would want to repeat.

Let some posters enjoy the anticipation-reality can set in later!!

How do I know

Look at this message board

Look at Twitter

Look at Facebook 

Look at the number of season tickets sold.

Look at the amount of fans who signed that petition.

Do you want to point me in the direction of all these fans who have this wonderful feel good factor.

Or are you going to keep your head buried in the sand like you have been doing for the last few years and pretend watching Oldham lose is somekind of badge of honour.

I know some will always go because of  routine, or because they go with family. They accept it will be shit, but hey ho- that’s what we do. Fine. 

But there does appear to be section of fans who seem genuinely excited at our prospects. And even more bizarrely seem to wantonly ignore the facts in front of them. 

Which are. 

A thread bare squad with one quality player. 
A comfortably lower bottom half budget. (As says KC) 
An interfering SD who influences and at times tells the coach who can and can’t play. 

Boycott or not, surely no fair minded fan can be going to games thinking we’ve a got chance of anything above finishing in the bottom five? 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know some will always go because of  routine, or because they go with family. They accept it will be shit, but hey ho- that’s what we do. Fine. 

But there does appear to be section of fans who seem genuinely excited at our prospects. And even more bizarrely seem to wantonly ignore the facts in front of them. 

Which are. 

A thread bare squad with one quality player. 
A comfortably lower bottom half budget. (As says KC) 
An interfering SD who influences and at times tells the coach who can and can’t play. 

Boycott or not, surely no fair minded fan can be going to games thinking we’ve a got chance of anything above finishing in the bottom five? 

In this league I believe we have a chance of finishing better than bottom 5.

I think we may have more than 1 decent player, but I can't confirm that yet as the season hasn't started.

Do I think we will go up, no not really, but I hope we do.

Do I accept that there is interference from Mo, yes, but Curle may handle that differently than previous managers due to his character.

Am I excited, yes because I have missed the football and the normality, I have worked throughout all the lockdowns and this feels like a bit of something to look forward to.

I have no idea how we will do as a team, if Curle will walk after a fall out with Mo or if the North Stand fiasco will continue.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are further problems off field.

But I'm going on saturday to have a good day, I have no issues with those who want to boycott or voice their concerns / opinions during the game within reason.

But please dont ridicule or make assumptions about the likes of me based on the fact I feel differently to you.

I hope one day we can all be sat in BP watching a good team on the up with a club to be proud of again, how we get that is out of my control.

Archived