MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No 😂😂

Looks a player him. Vaughan too. Potential in Luamba, Da Silva n Sutton plus that Jack guy who used to have cool hair.

mall credit to Murray who looks to have done a good job with the youth team. Pity he’s gone 

1 hour ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

1600, I don't think so....,great turn out and in fantastic voice throughout. 

Considering that stand holds  around 3000 there's no way it was half full.Fans were looking round for seats just after kick off

6 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

It alez, alez, alez and its not Liverpools to own its from Europe. B.Munich I think are the most known for singing it

It's a Napoli chant,  been around for years

I'm just back so won't bother giving a full account but I thought McGahey was absolutely superb, you wouldn't have known he's not played for however many months, he was so dominant, won every 50/50. They are absolutely shit and show how bad this division is. 

I'm quite hopeful after Saturdays fantastic away win that a climb up the table is possible.Everyone one of the players put a shift in, defense looked organised and i was impressed with Pidge and Harrision .Our keeper had a good game when called upon also, BUT my stand out player was our young fullback Couto, he made a full blooded tackle on a Rochdale player 2nd half which I'm still impressed with now! We have some player there . I am delighted for Keith Curle even though I have been a critic of his, you could seen how much it meant to him at the final whistle.. Brilliant day all round latics fans were superb as normal Proud to be a blue today.

Big thanks to all the Tics supporters on the Tram at Shaw at 6PM. Absolutely packed tram but They moved so I could get my wheelchair in the correct space. One supporter got up to give my wife a seat. The fans were well behaved and a credit to the club. 

Good day out and well worth the 300m round trip.

I thought the defence was very solid, Couto is a starter every week for me, Harrison and Pidge looked unbeatable, especially in the air.

I watched Pidge constantly looking after Couto which was good to see from the captain, I really dont understand why he gets so much criticism, we forget these are Div 4 players at times.

Everyone worked hard and put a shift in, thats all I want from them.

Still lacking a goal threat for me but this might lift the team a little hopefully.

Fans were great too, more than 1500 there 100%

A couple of knuckle dragging childish grown men away from being perfect though, sadly. 

Build from this and we will climb hopefully.

30 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Good day out and well worth the 300m round trip.

I thought the defence was very solid, Couto is a starter every week for me, Harrison and Pidge looked unbeatable, especially in the air.

I watched Pidge constantly looking after Couto which was good to see from the captain, I really dont understand why he gets so much criticism, we forget these are Div 4 players at times.

Everyone worked hard and put a shift in, thats all I want from them.

Still lacking a goal threat for me but this might lift the team a little hopefully.

Fans were great too, more than 1500 there 100%

A couple of knuckle dragging childish grown men away from being perfect though, sadly. 

Build from this and we will climb hopefully.

He gets criticism because he’s not particularly good. 

56 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He gets criticism because he’s not particularly good. 

He gets criticism because he's basically been doing most of the team's defending on his own for this season and last.  Because he does more than anyone else, he makes more mistakes than anyone else.

With a decent partner at centre-back, who can share some of the burden like yesterday, he's more than capable...

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He gets criticism because he's basically been doing most of the team's defending on his own for this season and last.  Because he does more than anyone else, he makes more mistakes than anyone else.

With a decent partner at centre-back, who can share some of the burden like yesterday, he's more than capable...

This, McGahey could be to him as he was to Wheater. 

Clarke adds his pace too to make a potentially decent defensive unit at this level. Add in Hart's ability to play LCB (the way Couto is playing despite being good Hart doesn't get in the side at LWB for me). 

Our defensive record could significantly improve. 

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I have been to games this season with friends and family who support other clubs and are not from the Oldham area.

Pidge has been singled out by these people as being one of our better players, a solid defender, with no prompting from me.

I think we can all be a bit narrow minded at times, I believe Pidge is as important as Bahamboula to this team.

We have to get a striker or target man imo, I think Van de Veen would have been a better addition than Hope because Hope is not a target man, he is another who will get abuse, but its not his fault he's playing a game that his not his.

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

Good win. But I didn't hear or see any meaningful protest against the ownership yesterday, other than a few chants, from what I saw on social media. Can't help but think it was a missed opportunity especially with the prick of an owner in the fans line of sight.

1.) There was an awful lot of Abdallah Out chants yesterday. The more prominent 2 were the usual one at 4 minutes and then very quickly after we went 1-0 up. To be chanting Abdallah Out within a minute after the ball being back in play following scoring goes a long way to demonstrate any protests not being about the results. 

2.) Even for a Rochdale v Oldham game there were a lot of police there. Most in their riot gear. 

This means any on-the-pitch protests will be dampened as police records and subsequent banning orders won't do any protesters any favours. I can see a heavy police presence at most Oldham games this season, especially those in the GMP area. 

3.) There is also the very legitimate argument that protesting at unwilling away grounds will be counter-productive. 

4.) The fact that the first half was very even, the second half we were on top for the first half of the half scoring and then holding on in the last 15 or so minutes will have quietened any protest. If we'd have been poor in the first half and been deservedly behind the protests and the toxicity will have significantly increased. 

25 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The bloke who was dragged out in the first half with his young daughter was an absolute embarrassment, hopefully he gets barred because we don't need weapons like him following us

Yep and fair play to the chap who stood up to him...

52 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The bloke who was dragged out in the first half with his young daughter was an absolute embarrassment, hopefully he gets barred because we don't need weapons like him following us

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yep and fair play to the chap who stood up to him...

What was he doing? 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

What was he doing? 

Stood, top off, didn't watch the game, but spent the whole time goading the Rochdale fans by making wanker and knobhead gestures, obviously off his face, while his daughter (aged 14ish) tried to calm him down and stop him doing it (effectively being his carer). She was in floods of tears when he was carted off, poor girl.

Just now, JoeP said:

Stood, top off, goading the Rochdale fans by making wanker and knobhead gestures, obviously off his face, while his daughter (aged 14ish) tried to calm him down and stop him doing it (effectively being his carer). She was in floods of tears when he was carted off, poor girl.

People like that should need a licence to breed - poor kid 

Archived