MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21
  • Matt featured this topic
16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Probably the first time I don’t bother with this fixture.

11 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I live in Rochdale and I’m still not sure if I can be arsed with this. If I do decide to go it will only be for the fear of missing something and certainly won’t be for the football. 

Thanks for letting us know 👍

Bit confused here really, if there are so many boycotting home games but coming together at away games as a show of strength then where are they ?

I know there are still a couple of days to nudge those numbers up.

Surely this was a total sell out on the cards and more.

People can't say its because of how crap the team is because thats not the reason for home boycotts and going away in numbers was to protest against the owners.

I have been saying for a while the boycott has been going on for years unknowingly.

Maybe it is just apathy after all.

300 mile round trip and I'm bringing a west Cumbrian to add to the numbers. 

If 3k Oldham fans dont attend this game then we are not showing Almo any fight or solidarity.

Dissapointing to say the least.

19 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Bit confused here really, if there are so many boycotting home games but coming together at away games as a show of strength then where are they ?

I know there are still a couple of days to nudge those numbers up.

Surely this was a total sell out on the cards and more.

People can't say its because of how crap the team is because thats not the reason for home boycotts and going away in numbers was to protest against the owners.

I have been saying for a while the boycott has been going on for years unknowingly.

Maybe it is just apathy after all.

300 mile round trip and I'm bringing a west Cumbrian to add to the numbers. 

If 3k Oldham fans dont attend this game then we are not showing Almo any fight or solidarity.

Dissapointing to say the least.

I agree. I thought away games were meant to be a show of solidarity and strength against the owner for those no longer wishing to fund him at home games. In reality most just can’t be bothered anymore, which is fair enough after all the years of rubbish but I think we should call it how it is.

2 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I agree. I thought away games were meant to be a show of solidarity and strength against the owner for those no longer wishing to fund him at home games. In reality most just can’t be bothered anymore, which is fair enough after all the years of rubbish but I think we should call it how it is.

I agree and it is really poor to watch but now is not the time to be,  not bothered anymore.

Seems to be a small minority who are bothered if thats the case.

Where are all those who came along on the ride of the glory days.

I know a few may not be here anymore but there are many who still are and are able.

Shame on anyone who gives up on this club.

11 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I agree and it is really poor to watch but now is not the time to be,  not bothered anymore.

Seems to be a small minority who are bothered if thats the case.

Where are all those who came along on the ride of the glory days.

I know a few may not be here anymore but there are many who still are and are able.

Shame on anyone who gives up on this club.

It's not compulsory to attend this game Max, no surprise that the sales are much lower than in previous years.

Taking away all the comedic antics from the owner and his cohorts, you must remember that this bunch of players and the current manager are abysmal.

I can fully understand anyone not wanting to travel 3 miles to watch the shite on offer.

7 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It's not compulsory to attend this game Max, no surprise that the sales are much lower than in previous years.

Taking away all the comedic antics from the owner and his cohorts, you must remember that this bunch of players and the current manager are abysmal.

I can fully understand anyone not wanting to travel 3 miles to watch the shite on offer.

I dont think your understanding my logic here archie marra.

I know its not compulsary and I know everything about the club is depressing and not worth attending in a monetary value.

But I thought, bearing in mind what I have read on here, media, oasf and ptb websites that there would be a coming together at away games.

Fans kicking off about away ticket allocations and then not snapping up tickets for what is really as close as it gets.

Just baffled and dissapointed, thats all.

14 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I dont think your understanding my logic here archie marra.

I know its not compulsary and I know everything about the club is depressing and not worth attending in a monetary value.

But I thought, bearing in mind what I have read on here, media, oasf and ptb websites that there would be a coming together at away games.

Fans kicking off about away ticket allocations and then not snapping up tickets for what is really as close as it gets.

Just baffled and dissapointed, thats all.

I know what you are saying, but talk is cheap Max.

Everyone loves a bit of a revolution from their armchair. Maybe that is also a reason for the figures.

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Everyone loves a bit of a revolution from their armchair. Maybe that is also a reason for the figures.

Spot on. Lots of talking online but not many willing to do a great deal about it. As good as the protest was last week (organised brilliantly by PTB), I thought the turnout wasn’t great. About 750 I reckon - is that all we have who care enough to turn up to protest? Different people have different reasons and that’s fine but I think it’s hit home to me how many people either can’t be bothered or have walked away from the club completely. 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Yeah, maybe you're right.

Maybe after 40+ years I should not have expected too much.

As you say 'talk is cheap'

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

The fact we are taking that much is quite an achievement considering we have gone over 6 hours without seeing a goal and we are at all time low.

This is where I am struggling.

I thought we were turning out in numbers against the owners at away games to show them we wont pay in at home games.

I thought the football was secondary here.

Lets face it,  us being crap should be of no shock to any of our fans, this has not just happened in the last 6hrs game time.

Boycotts and turning up at away games has been all over social media, press, radio and podcasts long before the last 6hrs.

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

This is where I am struggling.

I thought we were turning out in numbers against the owners at away games to show them we wont pay in at home games.

I thought the football was secondary here.

Lets face it,  us being crap should be of no shock to any of our fans, this has not just happened in the last 6hrs game time.

Boycotts and turning up at away games has been all over social media, press, radio and podcasts long before the last 6hrs.

Maybe it WAS all about results after all...

Archived