MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21

Just now, deyres42 said:

Maybe it WAS all about results after all...

Maybe.

I'm not going tomorrow expecting anything from that team, I not going to cause bother or shout insults at them. I'm making that 6 hour round trip as a show of strength that us fans are there.

Archiecat might have hit the nail on the head. 

Talk is cheap !!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Maybe.

I'm not going tomorrow expecting anything from that team, I not going to cause bother or shout insults at them. I'm making that 6 hour round trip as a show of strength that us fans are there.

Archiecat might have hit the nail on the head. 

Talk is cheap !!

You’ll be a bit early if you do 

It's probably a combination of factors:

Difficulty in getting tickets - I've ordered mine can't actually get to the ticket office when they are open so might have to pick it up at Dale but no faith that will be organised well. The club not posting tickets out is a joke. 

Booking 1 ticket per season card has probably meant a few people not being able to sit with their mates.

Proposed tram strike 'cause lets be honest First bus as terrible - might have put a few folk off

Cost

Maybe a bit of apathy when we first started playing Dale a few seasons ago it was a bit new - Now we have been playing them semi regularly it's not a new experience win/loosing/drawing against a team so close to use geographically. 

And lets be honest I think the appetite for watching a team of lottery winners is dwindling. We've been set up to turn up and complete fixtures not compete to win games. 

Just throwing stuff out there.

I came back to latics after not going for a couple of years in Dowie's first season and was disappointed with a 6k crowd.

We've been loosing fans for years and with the current jokers in charge it's not going to change. 

Sad but this feels like a terminal decline. 

22 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

This is where I am struggling.

I thought we were turning out in numbers against the owners at away games to show them we wont pay in at home games.

I thought the football was secondary here.

Lets face it,  us being crap should be of no shock to any of our fans, this has not just happened in the last 6hrs game time.

Boycotts and turning up at away games has been all over social media, press, radio and podcasts long before the last 6hrs.

No that wasn't the point of a boycott it was to stop putting money into the club. The option was to follow the team on the road should they choose it was not compulsory.

As for being surprised about us being crap well I can tolerate a certain level of being crap but being cut adrift at the bottom of league 2 is a level of crap I'm not prepared to put up with. Add in all the off the pitch crap then I can think of better things to do on a Saturday for now.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

No that wasn't the point of a boycott it was to stop putting money into the club. The option was to follow the team on the road should they choose it was not compulsory.

As for being surprised about us being crap well I can tolerate a certain level of being crap but being cut adrift at the bottom of league 2 is a level of crap I'm not prepared to put up with. Add in all the off the pitch crap then I can think of better things to do on a Saturday for now.

We I am really getting sick of it all tbh.

Nothing is compulsary and I have not said that at all.

I truly believe we should be packing BP every home game rather than walking around Manchester etc with the missis. 

Ive debated this with many people and there are strong views regarding boycotting home games, I dont really think its the best option.

Anyway Im done..... I'll be there anyway. 

Win, lose or whatever.

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Bit confused here really, if there are so many boycotting home games but coming together at away games as a show of strength then where are they ?

I know there are still a couple of days to nudge those numbers up.

Surely this was a total sell out on the cards and more.

People can't say its because of how crap the team is because thats not the reason for home boycotts and going away in numbers was to protest against the owners.

I have been saying for a while the boycott has been going on for years unknowingly.

Maybe it is just apathy after all.

300 mile round trip and I'm bringing a west Cumbrian to add to the numbers. 

If 3k Oldham fans dont attend this game then we are not showing Almo any fight or solidarity.

Dissapointing to say the least.

The problem for me and for others no doubt is that I have to buy a ticket through the club, thus earning them commission. As I’m boycotting all things that earn the club any £££s I find myself in somewhat of a dilemma. Considering home end, but not sure if I fancy that. 

Only 11 players were fit enough to start on Tuesday and one of those (Pidge) wasn't fully fit. The four on the bench weren't allowed to start because of the owners decision to be tied by the EFL, telling us who can play and who can't. Are there still 11 fit enough to play?

18 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Only 11 players were fit enough to start on Tuesday and one of those (Pidge) wasn't fully fit. The four on the bench weren't allowed to start because of the owners decision to be tied by the EFL, telling us who can play and who can't. Are there still 11 fit enough to play?

Some seem to think that now McGaeey has registered the youngsters can start - no idea how that works or if it’s right 

32 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Some seem to think that now McGaeey has registered the youngsters can start - no idea how that works or if it’s right 

Its because we already have them at the club as youth players. If they would have started then they would have become established. But if they become established afterwards then thats fine as we are already paying them anyway. If we came in to this season with 30 players we could use all 30 because we already had them and would be unfair to say you can't play.... I think.... lol

So do we actually know the full rams on this embargo and its associated can do for five mins, but only whilst standing on one leg humming the national anthem?

lf it's written down anywhere could somebody direct me there?

Jayzus, l should really have a scout about for a bit if work if l'm actively looking to dive into EFL regs 😬

details here Monty

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/

I don't think it is too hard to get your head around but clearly too much for someone at the club.

There are restrictions on salary and length of contract which essentially destroy the find and develop a gem model.

The club can staff up to a squad of 23 in a transfer window. If the youth become established they count to this number so essentially you would have to loose more before you brought in another £800 a week short term star.

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

details here Monty

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/

I don't think it is too hard to get your head around but clearly too much for someone at the club.

There are restrictions on salary and length of contract which essentially destroy the find and develop a gem model.

The club can staff up to a squad of 23 in a transfer window. If the youth become established they count to this number so essentially you would have to loose more before you brought in another £800 a week short term star.

Did we ever find how much the EFL loan was?

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They can

They can't start, as that would make them an established player. Curle said he played three of them for the maximum time he could at Brentford. Therefore it seems like they can only play the 2nd. half. If he had started any of them then the McGahey registration would not have been allowed. They got special compensation to start Vaughn at Sutton.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They can't start, as that would make them an established player. Curle said he played three of them for the maximum time he could at Brentford. Therefore it seems like they can only play the 2nd. half. If he had started any of them then the McGahey registration would not have been allowed. They got special compensation to start Vaughn at Sutton.

So now he is registered can they start ? 

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't think so. Wouldn't they then exceed the 23 man squad the EFL allow us. It's absolutely farcicle.

No. You can have as many non established players in the squad as you want. Problem comes in January and next summer when they would count towards the 23

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

They can now start as they have come through the youth. That's my understanding from KC comments. If started before mcgahey was registered that would have prevented him registering but now they can.

In Jan you'd have to ship people out to sign more

7 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Did we ever find how much the EFL loan was?

I think its really an advance. It is 'paid back' from future solidarity payments.

Somewhere I've seen a three year term mentioned so perhaps 3 years solidarity payments.

Don't know what happens if relegated.

I had a look here

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/12/16/d0570106-13b3-47f6-a73d-7a80eba8ecc3/Premier-League-funding-to-EFL-clubs-Oldham-Athletic.pdf

which shows 2019-20 values which might not be too far away.

League 2 clubs seem to get £450K 'Core' club payment so up to £1.35 million?

Little sideline from looking at other clubs figures- the payment is split into 3 parts. Core which seems fixed at £450k and then academy and community payments. We seemed to get more for the community than most- maybe that reflects the good work done by the community trust.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Anywhere decent for a pre-match pint in the town centre tomorrow? Always headed to regal moon, but fancy catching the Chelsea dinner time game. 

Think the Flying Horse mear the Town Hall carpark does

We're  looking forwarf to an  early  nreakfast and start in Up Steps

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Anywhere decent for a pre-match pint in the town centre tomorrow? Always headed to regal moon, but fancy catching the Chelsea dinner time game. 

The Baum may have the early KO on, but it's not really a pub for watching football. 

Archived