MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21

Anyone know what happened at FT in the tunnel area? Stewards were sprinting towards something. Saw an Abdallah out flag in the Dale main stand where AL was, so looks like some Latics fans were in the Dale end!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fucking tense, but exactly how you grind out results at this level. New centre-back immense. Pidge a much better player with a decent partner. Two full- backs were outstanding. 

Might get coated for this, but we need to drop the "ole, ole, ole" song. Very VERY Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That was fucking tense, but exactly how you grind out results at this level. New centre-back immense. Pidge a much better player with a decent partner. Two full- backs were outstanding. 

Might get coated for this, but we need to drop the "ole, ole, ole" song. Very VERY Liverpool. 

Flat back 4?

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It alez, alez, alez and its not Liverpools to own its from Europe. B.Munich I think are the most known for singing it

Finally looked more solid at the back today, McGahey and Pidge did everything required of them and shut Dale out for most of the match. Couto looks like a real find - he's defensive minded, but we need that and it makes the 5 at the back work.

Whelan had a really good match, and Keillor-Dunn finally looked more like the player we had in the middle of last season.  

If we had a goal threat, that would have been a comfortable win. 

Rochdale were comfortably top half before today and had their strongest team out, which shows how weak the division is.  Let's hope it's onwards and upwards from here.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Flat back 4?

3-4-2-1. Definitely not a flat back 4. Clarke, McGahey, Pidge, with Fage and Couto as wing-backs.

System worked well, but I’m a fan of the 3 at the back formations.

For me it was a very good all round performance from everyone, think I’d give everyone at least a 7, Hope being the possible exception but he harried everything until he got hurt. The subs were sensible and they all contributed.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we’ll be fine. 

Archived