MATCH: vs Barrow (A) 29/12/21

It's a difficult one, I haven't attended a game all season so cannot comment specifically but 

Fans undoubtedly have the "right" to boo - they have paid their money, they have that right. 

I can understand fans frustration having travelled a long way to see their favourites limp towards a dismal draw at a lowly rated out of form team. 

I never adopted the booing philosophy personally, found I would rather walk out than do that. What fans don't know and may not appreciate is just how difficult things can be at the club (particularly under these owners). Maybe players are not being paid, maybe and very probably players are not receiving clear messages about what is being expected from them from the coach/sporting director or either or. I also feel that booing won't ever enhance a person's performance, no matter how poor they have been. If they are not good enough for the level they are performing at, it's not down to them (as long as they give 100%). 

I am fairly kind by the way, so appreciate many may have a totally different and equally valid opinion.   

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Once again 

happens… at… every… club… in… the country if not the world 

stop kidding yourself Latics fans are the evil of the EFL - Thats what the clowns in charge of the club try

again look at Newcastle under Brucie 

To be frank am not concerned about any other fans but our own Chaddy and am pretty sure no one said “we are the evil of the EFL”, thats ridiculous 

We are hanging on to our EFL status by a thread 

We have fans like me boycotting Home games

We have fans who dont go to games at all now 

We have a hardcore c2000 who go to games regardless of club politics or league status 

Newcastle fans are delusional arent they, havent won anything than the Championship for decades and drove one of their own out of their club.

Heaven forbid our supporters ever get that bad 

My point, which is not landing, is that I think the ‘Support the Team not the Regime’ ethos is getting muddled

Fans seem to be extending their dislike for the current regime on to our playing squad 

it is a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

Those who attend games should be encouraging the players or they should stay at home  

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

To be frank am not concerned about any other fans but our own Chaddy and am pretty sure no one said “we are the evil of the EFL”, thats ridiculous 

We are hanging on to our EFL status by a thread 

We have fans like me boycotting Home games

We have fans who dont go to games at all now 

We have a hardcore c2000 who go to games regardless of club politics or league status 

Newcastle fans are delusional arent they, havent won anything than the Championship for decades and drove one of their own out of their club.

Heaven forbid our suppirters ever get that bad 

My point, which is not landing, is that I think the ‘Support the Team not the Regime’ ethos is getting muddled

Fans seem to be extending their dislike for the current regime on to our playing squad 

it is a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

Those who attend games should be encouraging the players or they should stay at home  

You are staying away yet think you can tell those who go how they should behave??

nice one 🤣🤣

I will support a team worth supporting - they can be shit but I will not endorse no effort or even basic grasp of actually playing football 

my 14 year old cousin tries harder than this shower 

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No better or worse than them playing for a draw against barrow (and I use playing loosely) 

im sure DKD will give it his cocky celebration the next time he scores a fluke 

12 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I've never booed them. But I think a 200 mile round trip to watch us time-waste our way to 0-0 at Barrow whilst bottom of the Football League is a pretty valid reason to... 

Its going to look ridiculous this written down 😂

Park for a moment it was Barrow 

We are bottom of the Football League and ground out a point against a team who pumped us 0-3 at our place only a couple of months previously 

Tell me thats not an improvement

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Its going to look ridiculous this written down 😂

Park for a moment it was Barrow 

We are bottom of the Football League and ground out a point against a team who pumped us 0-3 at our place only a couple of months previously 

Tell me thats not an improvement

You are right, it looks ridiculous 🤣🤣👏👏

im done with it all - let’s get relegation done and we can crack on with dissecting a loss to Boreham Wood 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You are right, it looks ridiculous 🤣🤣👏👏

im done with it all - let’s get relegation done and we can crack on with dissecting a loss to Boreham Wood 

I’ll get my coat 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Football fans up and down the country boo their teams when they are shit - please can we all stop pretending it’s just an OAFC thing 

you want to go to St James’ park one day 

Yeah great.

We boooo players until they finally fuck us off and move upwards to better teams 😂.

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I travelled a 6 hour round trip for us to time waste from 70 mins into the game. We also left Vaughan and Baha on the bench. I’ll boo that attitude and performance if I want. 

The manager was frightened of losing, and even then we nearly conceded at the end when their striker fluffed an easy chance.

At least with Harry Kewell for all his faults the team would have tried to score 4.

Archived