MATCH: vs Barrow (A) 29/12/21

A 0-0 at Barrow isn't going to help keep us up.   No urgency or fight shown.

How does Diarra get 89 minutes on the pitch and Harry Vaughan kept on the bench. 😂

Fuck off Mo, and take your brother with you.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kicking every ball watching that, what a shame most of the team and management didnt have the same desire.

Disgusted with that in all honesty, absolutely no desire.

I can forgive the players not being good enough but I cant forgive what I have watched in that 2nd half.

Bloody embarrassing playing for a draw at Barrow.Playing out from the back until it nearly costs us a goal.We will not stay in the football league because we can’t score goals,simple as.We play pretty patterns at times but are powder puff up front.If Mo thinks we don’t need a centre forward then I don’t know what he’s watching,and to be honest it’s time he wasn’t!Absolutely baffled at what I’ve just watched,a half decent team comes away with a comfortable 2 goal away win.

I’m glad he didn’t bring baha on. He doesn’t work hard and away from home when clean sheet is main objective I don’t see bringing him on late on as a effective strategy. Vaughan on the other hand, wow he just has to play. Defence kept a clean sheet as they are that bad. Prob 2 points lost really but could have been worse. I think we need 2 strikers in jan min to even have a chance to stay up 

18 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Clarke man of the match, closely followed by Piergianni

Nobody else came out with much credit.  Second half was poor, subs were bizarre. 

Hope, Stobbs and Diarra won't even be good enough for next season in the National League.

I thought McGahey and Hart were decent, Clarke and Piergianni as you have said.  Adams crosses are wasted because the players he is aiming for are useless.

Aside from the above players we were terrible.  How Vaughan and Bahamboula can't get on the pitch ahead of those players I have no idea.

Very poor game.. two very poor teams.

Yet again we saw strange substitutions from the interim manager. 
Never looked like scoring and we were lucky not to lose the game. Piergianni and Clarke the standout players with Leutwiler okay.

So many showed little desire to win the game - Fans at the end singing “Bottom of the league and we’re time wasting”  summed it up.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did McGahey tell the fans to F-off tonight? Seems that's the rumour from Twitter?

I made the 6 hour round trip for some reason. 

Yes this did happen I saw this myself. Essentially all the fans booed the players at the end and it was more under his breath he looked in our direction and said something along the lines of fuck off. 

Stobbs needs to b released. I can see why mcgahey hasn't been playing, he got turned by a 5ft nothin striker every time in that first half and kicked it out of play every time he did get to it first and also should have given 2 penalties away. Diarra for all our moaning didn't actually do too bad. Did better than cisse would. Piergianni MoM by a mile. GK needs so cocaine or summat to speed him up. And this is controversial but Vaughan and bahamboula could not have played on that pitch. Terrible pitch. Hart and Adams were ok. But there was no attacking intent. There was no pressure on the ball. And it was clear after the first ten mins that any pressure on them and they would've crumbled. But the whole club is scared and cowardly and sat back with the odd half arsed attack. I've never been more frustrated at the lack of speed and desire to go for it

We are currently managing a mere 0.74 PPG at half way. Looking at recent history 45 points might be enough but 47 points would probably guarantee our safety.

In order to do that our PPG would have to increase to 1.30.

This present squad has no chance of achieving that!!!

I just don't understand why fans make a 4 hour 200 mile round trip on a Wednesday evening to 'support' their team then boo them off 

What were they expecting to see !

Only 2 Away wins to date, only 22 goals scored all season. including the 'freaky five' v FGR

Selim gets slaughtered despite being 'in charge' for a handful of games 

The bloke has been dragged away from the relative safety of managing the youth teams to be chucked into the Hell fires of 1st team coach and the wrath of our fans

It's no secret we have a playing squad built by the owners brother, that is not good enough

Cant think of a worse place in the English Football League to be a footballer

28 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I just don't understand why fans make a 4 hour 200 mile round trip on a Wednesday evening to 'support' their team then boo them off 

Only 2 Away wins to date, only 22 goals scored all season. including the 'freaky five' v FGR

The bloke has been dragged away from the relative safety of managing the youth teams to be chucked into the Hell fires of 1st team coach and the wrath of our fans

It's no secret we have a playing squad built by the owners brother, that is not good enough

Perhaps they were expecting the players to try and win the game bearing in mind their own livelihoods depend on it as most will be let go soon and will probably not be flooded with offers.

34 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Good job none of them are then 

33 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Im not one for booing my own team but I would have booed at the end of that.

I live in west Cumbria and I couldn't be bothered going because I am losing the will.

I wont boo players that give it a go, those last night gave nothing a go after 50 mins, a pathetic and weak performance against a team we could have beaten.

Booooooooooooooooooooo

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Perhaps they were expecting the players to try and win the game bearing in mind their own livelihoods depend on it as most will be let go soon and will probably not be flooded with offers.

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Good job none of them are then 

24 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Im not one for booing my own team but I would have booed at the end of that.

I live in west Cumbria and I couldn't be bothered going because I am losing the will.

I wont boo players that give it a go, those last night gave nothing a go after 50 mins, a pathetic and weak performance against a team we could have beaten.

Booooooooooooooooooooo

It’s a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

Fans can wriggle with this all they want but Booing your shirt just isnt right and most certainly is not supporting your team

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

It’s a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

You’re missing the point, perhaps intentionally. As other posters have already explained, the issue is not with drawing but it is with showing no intention to try and win the game in the final 30 mins. The timewasting and substitutions were unacceptable for a team in our precarious position.

Archived