MATCH: vs Barrow (A) 29/12/21

26 minutes ago, tGWB said:

It’s a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

Fans can wriggle with this all they want but Booing your shirt just isnt right and most certainly is not supporting your team

They deserve every bit of abuse they get. For so called pro footballers not running, misplaced passes, unable to hit a decent corner, unable to shoot, I could go on. Their taking the hand out of the fans who spend their hard earned cash every week following that shower up and down the country. 

ps for a second division team trying to play out from the back and getting caught out 99% of the time they deserve the abuse alone ffs. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Fervid said:

They deserve every bit of abuse they get. For so called pro footballers not running, misplaced passes, unable to hit a decent corner, unable to shoot, I could go on. Their taking the hand out of the fans who spend their hard earned cash every week following that shower up and down the country. 

ps for a second division team trying to play out from the back and getting caught out 99% of the time they deserve the abuse alone ffs. 

They just don't Fervid

We must be the worst club in the English Football League to play for

The players must seriously dislike game days

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

They just don't Fervid

We must be the worst club in the English Football League to play for

What might help a bit is the decision makers at the club being more visible and accountable to fans. The players and coaches are the only club representatives who fans get access to so it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the anger at the way the club is run spills over onto the terraces. 

It’s a shame the decision makers at the club are all utter cowards. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Perhaps they were expecting the players to try and win the game bearing in mind their own livelihoods depend on it as most will be let go soon and will probably not be flooded with offers.

Makes me wonder if some are already fixed up with other clubs in January and others told they will be released?

12 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Not as much as we do mate.

Support during the game was mostly great, particularly first half. Second half was a lot quieter as we retreated into our shell and barrow got a grip on the game, coupled with the bizarre subs, the stupid playing out from the back from goal kicks (until the fan reaction forced them to start going long) then the ridiculous time wasting. The boos at the end were pure frustration - not just for the players being shit (which they mostly were) but for the general tactics and approach to the match.

At least the chippy near where I parked was outstanding to make the trip not a total write off.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Makes me wonder if some are already fixed up with other clubs in January and others told they will be released?

Putting your scouting hat on BP if you were a scout who would you be recommending I can only think Vaughan and Piergianni will be getting any interest. Bahamboula has shown no form this season Couto probably still has some development to do so I can't see them getting any interest either.

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not as much as we do mate.

Support during the game was mostly great, particularly first half. Second half was a lot quieter as we retreated into our shell and barrow got a grip on the game, coupled with the bizarre subs, the stupid playing out from the back from goal kicks (until the fan reaction forced them to start going long) then the ridiculous time wasting. The boos at the end were pure frustration - not just for the players being shit (which they mostly were) but for the general tactics and approach to the match.

At least the chippy near where I parked was outstanding to make the trip not a total write off.

Did going long result in any improvement I'm struggling to see how playing long balls upto Keillor-Dunn will help our cause?

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did going long result in any improvement I'm struggling to see how playing long balls upto Keillor-Dunn will help our cause?

It meant we lost the ball in their half at least, rather than just outside our area :chubb:

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Putting your scouting hat on BP if you were a scout who would you be recommending I can only think Vaughan and Piergianni will be getting any interest. Bahamboula has shown no form this season Couto probably still has some development to do so I can't see them getting any interest either.

Burnley have offered £250k +sellons for Vaughn so we now know why he didnt play 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

It’s a squad with low skill levels and yet there is this expectation that they should be performing much better

Fans can wriggle with this all they want but Booing your shirt just isnt right and most certainly is not supporting your team

Pay their money they can say what they like. It doesn’t help but we need to look at it subjectively and sometimes it's understandable.

43 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Pay their money they can say what they like. It doesn’t help but we need to look at it subjectively and sometimes it's understandable.

Cant disagree tbh but the players are the ones able to keep us in the Football League

42 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

FFS! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Booing the shirt is not supporting the team and the players are the  only ones able to keep us in the Football League

Am not suggesting we clap them off every game regardless of result, that's just bonkers

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Booing the shirt is not supporting the team and the players are the  only ones able to keep us in the Football League

Am not suggesting we clap them off every game regardless of result, that's just bonkers

I can see where you are coming from 

but regardless of 5000 cheering them

on or 500, it ain’t going to make one 

bit of difference with this shower AL

and Mo have put together.

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

As I said, I hardly boo the team but last night any fan seeing anything in that performance that didn't deserve a backlash must have had new rose tinted glasses for Christmas.

Lots of things are forgiveable due to the state of the club and yes they are poor players with low skill levels and tactical nowse, but that goes for Barrow too, we desperately needed 3 points and really could have put the effort and passion into getting them.

They need to fight and give 100% because if they cant do that then whats the point in playing.

I played football all my life and always gave 100% and more at times, and I paid subs to play.

No excuses, man up and do your fecking jobs, politics etc put aside and play for the shirt and fans.

There is not a single one of these players play for the shirt!

Oldham Athletic means absolutely Jack Shit to any of them,their only interest is picking up their pay packet every month and maybe having some crazy dream that they will one day play at a higher level.

Every last one of them, barring youngsters  Cuoto,Vaughan et al are absolutely crap.

They have ended up with us because nobody else will have them,so don't be thinking there will be any form of mass exodus. Unless the gruesome twosome pay this bunch off they won't be going anywhere.

Even then, we have to rid ourselves of loads of these dummies to be able to bring in just a couple of new recruits ( please correct me if i am wrong on this point)

Which brings us onto any potential new arrivals, we can only hope that the tea lady has been promoted to head of recruitment.

2022 going to be a cracker eh ? 

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

I think the quid pro quo is non stop effort = fan support. When we KO’d Liverpool we should have been well beaten, on any rational basis. The win was due in no small part to a fantastic determination to have a go, backed up by great crowd support. The two fed off each other.

I can forgive the lack of quality, for all the reasons that you rightly point out. I can’t forgive a lack of effort and time wasting, in a match we had to win.

Like any workforce who work in an unstable environment with poor leadership and management, unhappy customers and with an uncertain future, our players will inevitably have poor morale.

Their lack of confidence and resilience is apparent in most games. They give it a go, but when they face a setback, they lose any direction and cohesion and fall apart.

Any of them with anything about them will be desperate to get away from what must be an awful environment.

I fear that January will see a fire sale of anyone who can command a fee and those on higher wages plus any who can organise a move for themselves. They will be replaced by cheap fixture fulfillers and our owners, who know the game is up, will then take any of the money realised out that they can prior to ending the funding of the club after the outcome of the court case.

After that, who knows.

Archived