Ownership of BP now agreed!! :-)

It's brilliant news and even though we knew it would happen, the nagging doubts always creep in when social media goes full piss-boil on the matter. On a note here, I thought manner and wording of the press release on the official site is an absolute indicator of the higher standard of communication and professionalism being returned to the club. Attention to detail is everything.

8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's brilliant news and even though we knew it would happen, the nagging doubts always creep in when social media goes full piss-boil on the matter. On a note here, I thought manner and wording of the press release on the official site is an absolute indicator of the higher standard of communication and professionalism being returned to the club. Attention to detail is everything.

Thats because we are now run by people who know what they are doing and dont have shitty motives to screw the fans over and leak crap to their sad little social media goons (hi kev!). Onwards and upwards KTF

That's a good statement.

We have an agreement and a target date for acquisition by Xmas. 

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a big Xmas party.

Let's hope we can kick on with the footy starting tomorrow...well I can hope

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So inconclusion the legal case pursued by Barry Owen was absolute hokum.

Did anyone ever think anything else? I know @lookersstandandysaid on the pod that they had seen the particulars of the court case and I think that once everything is agreed that might be a pod for the ages.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Did anyone ever think anything else? I know @lookersstandandysaid on the pod that they had seen the particulars of the court case and I think that once everything is agreed that might be a pod for the ages.

Aye, and the implication in Andy’s voice was one of disbelief/shock. 

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Absolutely agree. Chalk and cheese when compared to the previous lot!

Club bought ☑️

Ground purchased☑️

Team ready to push on....let you know in a few weeks....

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So inconclusion the legal case pursued by Barry Owen was absolute hokum.

They should make him pay the costs. 

He is still banging the drum about it. As always, refusing to comprehend that he might have been wrong. Strange for a man of his track record. 

21 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Be surprised if the stadium makes it through till Xmas before falling down anyway..

Haha, it will certainly save the cost of a demolition...probably by Frank himself. :D 

Seriously though, there may be a point down the line, depending on how much the Rothwells develop business contacts and relationships with the council, when the stadium's older stands gets redeveloped. I would rather that than a move to another location.

• 2 weeks later...

You have been sent this email because you are following OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (04989487)

The following information is available from the company's filing history.

DateFormDescription

5 Sep 2022AP01Appointment of Mr Kevin John Roberts as a director on 3 September 2022

To stop following this company go to companies you follow.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

You have been sent this email because you are following OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (04989487)

The following information is available from the company's filing history.

DateFormDescription

5 Sep 2022AP01Appointment of Mr Kevin John Roberts as a director on 3 September 2022

To stop following this company go to companies you follow.

Is this him?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Roberts_(businessman)

Archived