Sheridan To Depart Latics

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Proper way to do things.

Completely. Last game in charge for a send-off too. Should be a 12-0 win for us. The players that liked him putting their all in for him, those that didn't putting their all in out of happiness with him leaving. Everyone trying to impress the new manager who will be in the stands. 

The fan bar selling Sheridan Shandy for three quid (2 for 5). 

PS Barry Owen is a bastard.

We reached out to Pete Wild in the last few weeks, but there weren't enough assurances around budgets etc. We were told what it'd take to temp him but Barrow recognise he's only going upwards... There were/are also bigger fish monitoring him (obviously)

John Sheridan - a Latics legend who truly has the club in his heart and I've been disappointed by some of the snide comments written and spoken about him lately. People have short memories don't they? Saved us from almost certain relegation in the past and we'd have been a lot deeper in the mire a lot sooner but for his interventions. We owe him a huge thank you and I hope he gets an absolutely superb send off from the fans. 

We owe shez a debt of gratitude for all the times he's fought against the tide but now he's barely treading water and the club's heading in the wrong direction.

Love the guy and wish him well.

whoever takes over has a serious sorting out to do, let's hope we get that bounce from the off.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Nobody is saying his decision is the solution to everything but it is the opportunity to move things forward on the pitch. 

The statement was measured and correct in sentiment. Sheridan will always be a celebrity at our club and to see his tenure end on amiable terms is much better for all of us, fans and club alike. 

Thank you to John for having the care to try and rescue the club in it's darkest days and best of luck for the future. 

Do you know what the problem is yet?

12 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Don’t really want Unsworth tbh.

I’d be taking a punt on someone like Jon Greening at Scarborough.

Agreed.

If I remember rightly, I don't think Unsworth did that great when he's been in caretaker charge of Everton/Sheff Utd...

Would definitely prefer Greening - someone on the way up...

Archived