Sheridan To Depart Latics

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he must know it's not working. He looks deflated and the team aren't performing and there hasn't been any improvement in recent weeks.

Correct and honorable decision I think. I'd backed him to stay but performances were worrying.  I thank him for his efforts and there was some improvement when he came in last season but dire recruitment in Jan cost us  and so far it's been a poor season. 

Onwards and upwards. 

What a statement that is. Certainly bucks the trend. A grown up and well thought out end to his time in charge. Well played to all involved. I don't really think we have much in the way of a coaching team to step in temporarily so I wonder if they're quite far along with a new boss and will probably be in place soon after Eastleigh?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

What a statement that is. Certainly bucks the trend. A grown up and well thought out end to his time in charge. Well played to all involved. I don't really think we have much in the way of a coaching team to step in temporarily so I wonder if they're quite far along with a new boss and will probably be in place soon after Eastleigh?

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Proper way to do things.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Problems solved! all our problems have now magically disappeared into thin air.

We will NEVER lose another game EVER again!

Nobody is saying his decision is the solution to everything but it is the opportunity to move things forward on the pitch. 

The statement was measured and correct in sentiment. Sheridan will always be a celebrity at our club and to see his tenure end on amiable terms is much better for all of us, fans and club alike. 

Thank you to John for having the care to try and rescue the club in it's darkest days and best of luck for the future. 

Sensible decision, and also I feel a good financial decision. I think it’ll add a few to the attendance as fans wish to bid him farewell. I’m glad he came back, and he’s still one of my all time favourites at the club. 
Enjoy retirement John, you deserve it. 

It’s the right call, very sad but we need to build for the future

That said, what a brilliant statement and giving him Saturday as a send off….we’ll probably play our socks off and win :) 

As others have said, a completely different way to part company and what a refreshing change…perhaps other clubs should take note.

I’ll be at Bromley to support the team and the new manager either way, pretty sure it can’t be worse than Woking 🤣

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Problems solved! all our problems have now magically disappeared into thin air.

We will NEVER lose another game EVER again!

No one is saying that. 

All I want-  is to watch a side that competes and shows signs of progress. 

The trick moving forward isn’t being scared to sack under performing mangers; it’s holding onto the ones that show promise. A la, Bunn/Wild/Dino. I’m very confident that will now happen, and the large turnover of mangers will stop. 

If Sheridan didn't come back it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that the Rothwell's may have never bothered buying us.

Will forever be a legend and welcome at Boundary Park but it was clear that we need new direction pretty quickly to arrest this slide and actually start to progress on the field as a football club again.

Wanted him gone, gutted it's now happened. He's possibly the most talented central midfielder the clubs ever had in terms of what he achieved in his peak. In one spell was a cracking manager. Coming back showed he is a great man in terms of Oldham.

I hope he enjoys his retirement. I've heard people suggest this season could ruin his legend status, that's more shite than even I'd spout. One of the proper modern legends.

Archived