Sheridan To Depart Latics

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They'd have been better saying nothing then. I do agree with Dave that it's very strange how they publicly stated he was under no pressure in the first press conference and the interview with Cheeseman, but were offering his job about to other people. It's very "Lemsagamy". Glad they did, like, but even so it is peculiar given their comments...

Probably a bit of wishful thinking, a bit of naivety and a bit of being taken by surprise by all the booing only a few matches in. 

15 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Probably a bit of wishful thinking, a bit of naivety and a bit of being taken by surprise by all the booing only a few matches in. 

Fuck me, if they're reacting to the fans booing then Unsworth's days are numbered already

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 1:35 PM, yarddog73 said:

Ya can't polish a turd....whose to say Shez wasn't getting the best out of them? They might just be really shit unprofessional raffle winners stealing a living masquerading as footballers, we have about half a dozen you'd build a team around the rest should be fucked off the day Shez walks out of the building because frankly they are either not good enough or have little desire to acheive, some even suffer from both.

Stick by this and I was probably being generous, I'm loathe to do it but it's probably worth mentioning the fact that Unsworth was being lined up weeks if not months before the wheels came off for Shez and the Royles really should take part of the blame, I can't imagine the Rothwells were plotting to oust Shez and the change in manager must have been sold to them, looking like a very expensive mistake now and they are going to have to find money from somewhere as Unsworth will struggle to get 11 of this lot to turn out for him again. Add to that the obvious drop in revenue going forward and it looks like someone has made an almighty fuck up here.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Problems solved! all our problems have now magically disappeared into thin air.

We will NEVER lose another game EVER again!

I'm absolutely staggered that sacking the last manager didn't solve all our problems it ALWAYS does.

It’s going to be a long few weeks. Personally going to take a break from it all, including on here, as our constant decline has worn me that thin at this point.

Not much more I can say or add to any future debate that I haven’t already, unless something substantial happens between now and our next league game. If anyone wants my Wrexham ticket for next weekend give me a shout, I will sell it below face value. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So those fans who said it wasn't about winning games under ALMO (when it clearly was) are also those who wanted to stop the culture of hiring and firing and give managers time but are now calling for a 3rd manager within their first 6 months of ownership 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wish we could fire about 20 players but that's never going to happen, for what it's worth I think we have to stick with the manager and give him a chance to build but I still don't see the sense of bringing him in when we did without overhauling the squad, Shez was getting more out of these than Unsworth is and some of the damage now looks unrepairable. 

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s going to be a long few weeks. Personally going to take a break from it all, including on here, as our constant decline has worn me that thin at this point.

Not much more I can say or add to any future debate that I haven’t already, unless something substantial happens between now and our next league game. If anyone wants my Wrexham ticket for next weekend give me a shout, I will sell it below face value. Cheers. 

Yeah this is where I'm at actually, I've had a few to drink and had a bit of a rant in the other thread but actually, I can't be arsed at this point. I have no affinity with this group of players or manager, and the only reason I've been in the last week is because it was local games and new grounds. Every season it just gets worse.

I won't be back at a game for a few months. Have better things to do and spend my money on.

We are all human and subject to the same emotions, albeit with differing responses, so all of us are entitled to our own ways of expressing our thoughts and solutions to a burgeoning crisis.

Let's face it, Shez was not interested in the job beyond last season, he stayed on out of duty and possibly with the knowledge that someone was coming in to take the helm. His approach to training and tactics was haphazard to say the least and that his team actually got anything from their games was a fucking miracle.

It needed to change, it was changed and Unsworth has barely scratched the surface of his career withmLatics...he's going nowhere for the foreseeable so we best get used to this turmoil until it he gets some players in and it all settles down again. There's no point in the "I want it now!" attitude, it ain't going to happen. Priority has to be getting out of the relegation mire and staying above the zone, the rest will come later. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah this is where I'm at actually, I've had a few to drink and had a bit of a rant in the other thread but actually, I can't be arsed at this point. I have no affinity with this group of players or manager, and the only reason I've been in the last week is because it was local games and new grounds. Every season it just gets worse.

I won't be back at a game for a few months. Have better things to do and spend my money on.

Funny that we are all a bit pissed at this time of the night. :D I kind of agree with you on the affinity side of things but then again, I've felt that way for a few decades now, since the Dowie era. Jesus, I miss those days, not to mention the Royle era as well.

Just a point that despite what we say and how much we vent and swear we are 'quitting' that the  Latics tug is always there. I couldn't actually support any other team. My fate is nailed-on! 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Funny that we are all a bit pissed at this time of the night. :D I kind of agree with you on the affinity side of things but then again, I've felt that way for a few decades now, since the Dowie era. Jesus, I miss those days, not to mention the Royle era as well.

Just a point that despite what we say and how much we vent and swear we are 'quitting' that the  Latics tug is always there. I couldn't actually support any other team. My fate is nailed-on! 

Yeah I won't be going anywhere else. But I missed the glory years because my selfish parents decided not to have me until 1990, I started going in 1997 and I have nothing except a couple of cup wins to show for the god knows how many games I've been to. I just need a break away really, I was really miserable leaving today's game and would rather have my Saturday afternoons ruined on my own terms for a few months!

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Stick by this and I was probably being generous, I'm loathe to do it but it's probably worth mentioning the fact that Unsworth was being lined up weeks if not months before the wheels came off for Shez and the Royles really should take part of the blame, I can't imagine the Rothwells were plotting to oust Shez and the change in manager must have been sold to them, looking like a very expensive mistake now and they are going to have to find money from somewhere as Unsworth will struggle to get 11 of this lot to turn out for him again. Add to that the obvious drop in revenue going forward and it looks like someone has made an almighty fuck up here.

What do you base that on? After we went 1 down yesterday I thought we were the better team. Cracking equaliser and in a moment of insanity I thought we'd go on and win the game but shocking marking for their second proved fatal. I didn't see a team that won't play for the manager though. Limited they may be but they tried to the end to turn the game around and heads only went down at the final whistle.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

image.png

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So those fans who said it wasn't about winning games under ALMO (when it clearly was) are also those who wanted to stop the culture of hiring and firing and give managers time but are now calling for a 3rd manager within their first 6 months of ownership 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

no l don't think they are the same people. l certainly want to keep him. l can see a few barry type weapons emerging from dark corners swingin their weight about. if l was angry enuf to be gettin on the manager out rollercoaster already l would be havin a good look at who else was on there and sortin my head out accordingly.

11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

My personal boycott for a long time under Lemsagam, mcfluff, was because my opinion was that he was out of his depth owning a football club, had no real understanding of the connection between club/town/people and would see the club "killed off" (not deliberately just via sheer incompetence). I stick by that and it would have happened but for FR's intervention (about which I am delighted).

Regarding manager; you know that I thought Sheridan was doing okay with what he add AND I thought what he had was mostly forced upon him via a desperation to cobble a squad together whilst negotiations were ongoing regarding the takeover in the background. I`ve said in a previous post that too many fans had turned against Shez and his departure was inevitable.

I`ve watched carefully since, taking on board the views of those who said any half-decent manager would get a far better tune out of the current squad than Shez the dinosaur. They were wrong.

We are in a dilemma for sure. Either Unsworth is simply not up to the job or the squad is incapable of any more under anybody (in which case Shez was doing okay - and better than Unsworth is - so why change manager then? - we could have had stability under Sheridan).

The assembled boardroom and backroom staff are probably costing a small fortune and FR is no mug. If they don't start to turn things around pretty quickly then it won't only be Unsworth's head on the block.

Finally, I sincerely hope that FR doesn't get cold feet and pull out of the purchase of the whole footprint of ground/land etc. (i.e. realising how far the rot had actually set in under Lemsagam and the cost to put it right).

No fan revels in "getting rid of a manager" and I think most would have accepted a first year of steady progress with enjoyable football to watch (consolidation if you like). We simply cannot afford to keep regressing on the playing front - it would be financial suicide for FR. 

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

My personal boycott for a long time under Lemsagam, mcfluff, was because my opinion was that he was out of his depth owning a football club, had no real understanding of the connection between club/town/people and would see the club "killed off" (not deliberately just via sheer incompetence). I stick by that and it would have happened but for FR's intervention (about which I am delighted).

Regarding manager; you know that I thought Sheridan was doing okay with what he add AND I thought what he had was mostly forced upon him via a desperation to cobble a squad together whilst negotiations were ongoing regarding the takeover in the background. I`ve said in a previous post that too many fans had turned against Shez and his departure was inevitable.

I`ve watched carefully since, taking on board the views of those who said any half-decent manager would get a far better tune out of the current squad than Shez the dinosaur. They were wrong.

We are in a dilemma for sure. Either Unsworth is simply not up to the job or the squad is incapable of any more under anybody (in which case Shez was doing okay - and better than Unsworth is - so why change manager then? - we could have had stability under Sheridan).

The assembled boardroom and backroom staff are probably costing a small fortune and FR is no mug. If they don't start to turn things around pretty quickly then it won't only be Unsworth's head on the block.

Finally, I sincerely hope that FR doesn't get cold feet and pull out of the purchase of the whole footprint of ground/land etc. (i.e. realising how far the rot had actually set in under Lemsagam and the cost to put it right).

No fan revels in "getting rid of a manager" and I think most would have accepted a first year of steady progress with enjoyable football to watch (consolidation if you like). We simply cannot afford to keep regressing on the playing front - it would be financial suicide for FR. 

Sheridan wasn't one for the future. Simple

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You really do twist the truth to try to be right don’t you?

I would say that those suggesting fans were not turning up under ALMO because the matchday experience and simple comforts were deteriorating, would all agree that that was only part of the problem. There were 2 other factors too. The poor performances and results from the pitch, and those boycotting so as not to give AL the money to continue.

You have always said it was only a few wins that were needed, and are now trying to suggest that is the prime and only thing we need.

The truth is somewhere between. Are you suggesting that the great improvement in fan numbers since ALMO were got rid of was a result of good results on the pitch? The truth is the results and performances have been worse which kind of blows your the theory out of the water.

Obviously each of these things have their own effect. I can’t even work out how something so obvious ever became an disagreement!

29 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You really do twist the truth to try to be right don’t you?

I would say that those suggesting fans were not turning up under ALMO because the matchday experience and simple comforts were deteriorating, would all agree that that was only part of the problem. There were 2 other factors too. The poor performances and results from the pitch, and those boycotting so as not to give AL the money to continue.

You have always said it was only a few wins that were needed, and are now trying to suggest that is the prime and only thing we need.

The truth is somewhere between. Are you suggesting that the great improvement in fan numbers since ALMO were got rid of was a result of good results on the pitch? The truth is the results and performances have been worse which kind of blows your the theory out of the water.

Obviously each of these things have their own effect. I can’t even work out how something so obvious ever became an disagreement!

If we carry on with the results the numbers will dwindle regardless of how well organised the club is in the background. All about results

Archived