MATCH: vs Chester (H) 15/10/22 FA Cup 4th Rd Qual πŸ†

All talk unsworth. Don’t buy it. Quite frankly a terrible set of opening games and result for a new manager. The team is poor but certainly goo enough to beat these at home today. No new manager bounce, nothing. Suddenly super defensive. Can’t see how we won’t be right in the relegation mix by Xmas judging off what I have seen so far from himΒ 

Unsworth knows we’re crap but can’t really say as much because somehow has to try and win some football matches…..even with a fully fit squad we are well short of the required standard.

We have to grin and bear it for now and hope one or two additions can make a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, GKing521 said:

People calling for Unsworth’s head! And I thought my takes were a bit off-piste.

Β 

FFS!

not calling for his head at all. We need stability. But we need to see something. So far it’s been terrible, second half today off it again and they are league below. We can’t afford to go down again so he has time but u look at us and can’t see how we are going to win atm. So defensiveΒ 

Just now, Careca9 said:

not calling for his head at all. We need stability. But we need to see something. So far it’s been terrible, second half today off it again and they are league below. We can’t afford to go down again so he has time but u look at us and can’t see how we are going to win atm. So defensiveΒ 

Wasn’t specifically aimed at you. Twitter is rabid as per usual this evening.Β 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Unsworth knows we’re crap but can’t really say as much because somehow has to try and win some football matches…..even with a fully fit squad we are well short of the required standard.

We have to grin and bear it for now and hope one or two additions can make a difference.

they aren’t that poor. There are pt teams in this league who can’t get as fit as we can literally as they are pt. We have players who have been promotors from this league recently or played at higher level. It’s not a team that can’t win any of last 3-4 gamesΒ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarkStar said:

We've been 1 - 0 up in the last four matches. Drawn three, lost one. Bit of a pattern there.

Β 

How did we set up today?

Β 

The fact that we've let the lead slip in the last 4 games is a concern, because by the looks of it we've set out to defend after getting the lead and failed every time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Β 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

they aren’t that poor. There are pt teams in this league who can’t get as fit as we can literally as they are pt. We have players who have been promotors from this league recently or played at higher level. It’s not a team that can’t win any of last 3-4 gamesΒ 

Totally agree.Β 
Β 

We all know the club is in good hands off the field, but the bigger picture doesn’t excuse poor results. Every game has had a similar story, and it’s because he’s trying to make us hard to beat- but the cost of that is creating next to nothing, or when we do score the odd goal then sitting back for the rest of game. The squad isn’t amazing, but its not dire either and we should have enough to compete against the vast majority we play.Β 
Β 

There’s no escaping the fact- he’s had a poor start.Β 

I'm glad I wasn't there today. Dreading Yeovil next week.Β 

Β 

Also, I've read that Chester hooligans tried to get at Oldham after the game. When are Clubs and the Police going to properly clamp down on these absolute idiots.Β 

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Well done Chester a deserved draw.

your team and players showed what we didn’t …..Hunger, Β passion and desire .

Most of these Oldham players need to get a grip on reality … they are stealing a wage as a professional footballer……

Edited by JohnG123
  • Thanks 1

Embarrassing that.

Β 

Got one decent player Carragher and Fondop decent first half as usual, Okagbue did okay as did Sheron in his CDM role.

Β 

Rest a crock of shit Rooney complete passenger again does nothing going forward and still looks unfit, Gardner couldn't find a blue shirt all afternoon.

Β 

Luamba playing left wing back at times in a 5-4-1 when we are at home to fucking Chester - REALLY??? Inviting pressure on and no out ball because we don't have a player capable of controlling a ball and making a forward pass, static, lethargic and no fucking urgency.

Β 

Got slated for calling Unsworth a bull shitter couple of weeks ago but I stand by it, watch his first interview again and you'll see what I mean, booed off week in week out and only 3000 paying in at a tenner to get in, it's shite not good enough and he looked clueless in a Darren Kelly, David Dunn kind of way today, he'll probably moan like fuck in a Shezasorous way then pick the same fucking incompetents next week, Cooper for Rooney sums it up one passenger for another, I'm sick to fucking death of this sideways/backwards bollocks but these players look like they are having any ability coached out of them.

Β 

This group as it stands will do well to stay up approaching games like that, another negative, insipid shitshow wasn't what was required today particularly with the team we put out, wheels are well and truly coming off the bus here and the longer it goes on the more I fear for us, Chester were fucking awful and we looked fucking scared to death of them second half.

Β 

Β 

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 4

Frustrated the life out of me that game.Β  This team desperately needs some proper wide players.Β  Tollit for all of his runs produces nothing and in our own half is a liability.Β  It was crying out for Tollit to cut in from the left and shoot on sight but he kept trying to cross on his left foot.Β  We also don't attack from the front, with some pressing on the Chester centre halves we could have cut down the number of attacks they had in the 2nd half. Two proper wingers and another forward would improve us no end although wingers definitely should be the priority.Β 

6 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Well done Chester a deserved draw.

your team and players showed what we didn’t …..Hunger, Β passion and desire .

Most of these Oldham players need to get a grip on reality … they are stealing a wage as a professional footballer……

Β 

Chester have a young centre back called Harrison Burke I've recommended be checked out, will be interesting to see how he plays.

EditedΒ October 3Β by BP1960

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Cooper for Rooney sums it up one passenger for another, I'm sick to fucking death of this sideways/backwards bollocks but these players look like they are having any ability coached out of them.

Β 

I said at the time it should have been Vaughan coming on as he would at least have given us some forward momentum but it was just static and crap.Β 

He’s been left with absolute dog shit of a squad.Β 
Β 

I think it’s fair to say he’s given everyone a chance and that was his plan in 5 games.

Β 

Hope, Hogan, Porter and the left back (forgot his name) will add stability back to this squad. We need the captain back to get a grip of the team on the pitch.

Β 

Most of these players won’t be here next year and it’s a total rebuild.Β 
Β 

it was Chester’s cup final and fair play. It’s just like us to go on Tuesday and win comfortably!.

Β 

I’ve said before, we’ve been on the demise since 1993 and it will take more than 5 games to sort this club out both on and off the field.

Β 

The building blocks have been set and it’s going to be a good journey back to were we belong.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’™

4 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

Frustrated the life out of me that game.Β  This team desperately needs some proper wide players.Β  Tollit for all of his runs produces nothing and in our own half is a liability.Β  It was crying out for Tollit to cut in from the left and shoot on sight but he kept trying to cross on his left foot.Β  We also don't attack from the front, with some pressing on the Chester centre halves we could have cut down the number of attacks they had in the 2nd half. Two proper wingers and another forward would improve us no end although wingers definitely should be the priority.Β 

As each game goes by I’m more convinced we need to sign players. It’s not easy but it needs to be done, it might end up keeping us in this league .Β