Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Every time I listen to one of his interviews, I become more convinced that he's going to resign after the Wealdstone game...

You could be correct and what a victory that would be for the useless set of football imposters we have playing [and I use the term loosely] at the club.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

God willing 🙏 

I wouldn’t be overly upset if he resigned or was sacked but I think next season will be a reset anyway and in that respect I don’t think getting another manager in will change things very much to be honest.

The only acquisition to excite me would be Pete Wild but that’s probably not an option right now especially if he were to get Barrow promoted.

If it weren’t for the Lemmies he would almost certainly have still been here and we’d probably have been at least one division higher.

We had the perfect manager here already, unfortunately, it was at the wrong time!😞

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I wouldn’t be overly upset if he resigned or was sacked but I think next season will be a reset anyway and in that respect I don’t think getting another manager in will change things very much to be honest.

The only acquisition to excite me would be Pete Wild but that’s probably not an option right now especially if he were to get Barrow promoted.

If it weren’t for the Lemmies he would almost certainly have still been here and we’d probably have been at least one division higher.

We had the perfect manager here already, unfortunately, it was at the wrong time!😞

Crazy to think he's got any chance at all of taking such a tiny club like Barrow to such great heights and he was definitely the right man for the job here.

Actually cared, he knew the club inside out and had a very good rapport with the fan's, 

One that got away instead of the one's you want to get as far away as possible 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Crazy to think he's got any chance at all of taking such a tiny club like Barrow to such great heights and he was definitely the right man for the job here.

Actually cared, he knew the club inside out and had a very good rapport with the fan's, 

One of the Lemmy's biggest blunders from a monumental list !!  🥵

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I have very little appetite for appointing someone that knows the club inside out. Not even sure what it means to be honest 

he’s done very well 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

One of the Lemmy's biggest blunders from a monumental list !!  🥵

Although if they hadn't sacked twelvety managers he'd never have had the chance 

18 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I have very little appetite for appointing someone that knows the club inside out. Not even sure what it means to be honest 

he’s done very well 

Figure of speech,

Local lad, well respected at the club and would have known the day to day workings of it,

as opposed to an outsider, who wouldn't even know where the milks kept.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Every time I listen to one of his interviews, I become more convinced that he's going to resign after the Wealdstone game...

There is absolutely zero chance he’s walking away from a contract with two years to run. 

I could however see him and the club falling out about the direction of the club  (as he did at Tranmere) and leaving by mutual consent. 

Edited by League one forever

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Hmmm. Macclesfield away under him was as bad as anything we've seen under Mellon. And Northampton, Exeter and Newport wasn't much better...

30 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

How do u remember stuff like this? I barely remember that 2 matches.

I'm like you, things pass me by but I can't ever forget that stupendous result he orchestrated at Fulham,

Going off what I've seen, I'll be long gone before Mellon does the same and no matter what player's he brings in

I like Mellon but sometimes I think he's becoming Unsworth in disguise. 

What's he saying today?

We've played a lot of top teams recently.Rochdale?Oxford?and drawn too many that we should have won.I wonder if he and the players are on drugs?I feel for him but come on. The players have shown no desire. Hopefully he can sort it out.

8 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

What's he saying today?

We've played a lot of top teams recently.Rochdale?Oxford?and drawn too many that we should have won.I wonder if he and the players are on drugs?I feel for him but come on. The players have shown no desire. Hopefully he can sort it out.

I’m far from MM out, but I do find it puzzling when he says things like we’ve played a lot of top teams recently, which we haven’t. Other than Chesterfield, who haven’t beaten us this season, and are on the beach for the last month this league is absolute dross in every aspect. 

19 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

What's he saying today?

He’s coming out with the same bullshit he comes out with after most games. 
I’ll give him a close season to reshape the squad but If I’m honest I’m really not convinced he‘s the man who’s going to get us where we want to be.

Another abject season will not be acceptable and If we don’t start like a house on fire come August the pressure will mount considerably and rightly so!

Edited by oafc1955