Micky Mellon Sack Watch

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Is it massively imbalanced though? Other than a right back and a left midfielder we seem pretty well stocked.

to sneak into the playoffs, perhaps. To be a team that wins the division outright above teams getting 80-90 points, we’re a long way off.

its pointless to explain this to someone who has such a visceral anti-MM agenda though. We virtually need a whole new midfield, RB and another attacker to replace 6-7 players already in those positions but are contracted for at least another year. Sticking your head in the sand about that isn’t going to get you anywhere. We’ll have less square pegs in round holes next term, but we’ll sure as shit be starting a new campaign with incumbent players who don’t possess the qualities we need to be a best in class.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not saying it's right. But it shouldn't come as a surprise. 

The players and managers have had abuse hurled at them for a while now. 

You are right, but I think reactions should be reserved for when the point of view offered is completely unjustified.

Shouting "you should stick a striker on to try and win" during another completely inept performance doesn't justify being told to "fuck off", in my opinion.  That's criticism shouted, not abuse.

I've always wondered if I was a footballer/Manager how much I would really give a shit what someone who's possibly never kicked a ball in their life would think.  You've got to have a slightly thicker skin.

If Mellon can't stand the heat, he might have to get out of the kitchen.  

22 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You are right, but I think reactions should be reserved for when the point of view offered is completely unjustified.

Shouting "you should stick a striker on to try and win" during another completely inept performance doesn't justify being told to "fuck off", in my opinion.  That's criticism shouted, not abuse.

I've always wondered if I was a footballer/Manager how much I would really give a shit what someone who's possibly never kicked a ball in their life would think.  You've got to have a slightly thicker skin.

If Mellon can't stand the heat, he might have to get out of the kitchen.  

It might have been the 100th thing shouted at him.

I'd last about 2 minutes before telling someone to fuck off if they were shouting at me 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What could he have said under the circumstances? 

MM inherited a massively imbalanced squad, much worse than he understood when he took on the roll. It needs a lot of work doing to it. He’s going to have to be cute in the market and wheel and deal to get a team that resembles one that fans want to see.

We know all this, I already said he’s being honest.

I should imagine a fair chunk of ST holders are still mulling over renewing.

That interview will have a massive bearing on the outcome.

He could have been a little more positive in outlining his plans for next season given the timing.

He’s as good as written it off FFS!!……I really can’t imagine the board being too happy either!

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He could have been a little more positive in outlining his plans for next season given the timing.

He’s as good as written it off FFS!!……I really can’t imagine the board being too happy either!

You are spot on. There will deffo be some who were unsure about renewing who now will bail, which will not help us improve the squad.

Some may say it's an honest assesment from Mellon, I say it was a self preservation speech already making excuses for failure next season. 

And when you strip everything back, ignoring the noise and excuses, the fact is Mellon has resided over a team that has not won for 11 games.

Not sure when ANY manager over recent years has managed a run this bad and fuck me we've had some shockers🤯

And they were playing sides who were considerably better than the likes of fucking Oxford City, Fylde, D&R and Wealdstone.

Any manager in any league with this run of results and an apparent dubious relationship with both players and fans, particularly from where we were at the end of Feb would be gone 99% of the time. 

Not sure why we should be any different.

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

it’s all about interpretation, isn’t it. A fine line to tread in his position. Put a too positive spin on it and you’re firmly in DU territory. But some ST holders hinging on that to renew will simply get disillusioned next season when things don’t go our way, which will be the case, but hopefully far less often as it happened this term.

My interpretation is that I wanted the manager to confirm what my assumptions have been on why we struggle to perform consistently. I thought MM did that to an extent and his message, to the board was that colossal damage has already been done in recruitment, before he ever got there.

We’ve seen he has an eye for a player with Stones. Others haven’t worked out (yet) but he has to be offered time to try and fix the glaring issues which we can all see. I can’t see another candidate who will be able to hit the ground running delivering a new philosophy in front of a crowd that release a massive audible groan as soon as a pass goes awry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I'm tempted to agree that telling people with such a simplistic view of football too F-off is a valid response.

Tell you what I'd never thought of sticking a striker on thanks for the insight. 

I wonder what pearls of wisdom came out of this person's mouth.

GERRIITFORWARD!

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He hasn't lost "most of the fanbase" at all. Most level headed Latics fans I've spoken to think he should be given the summer

Not many level headed latics fans. i would say its 60/40 and not in his favour at the moment 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm tempted to agree that telling people with such a simplistic view of football too F-off is a valid response.

It's a simplistic view that our supposedly qualified recruitment department adopted earlier this season.

As many strikers as possible = more goals. 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

This has it 60/40 the other way. Not conclusive but it's a decent sample size, I'd say most posters on here are level headed 

I voted not to sack him, but I'm not sure if that poll might need another voting option - "No real strong opinion either way".

Really can't call it..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It might have been the 100th thing shouted at him.

I'd last about 2 minutes before telling someone to fuck off if they were shouting at me 🤣

I’d struggle too, but he’s got to remember those fans have been sat there enduring that crap a lot longer than he has, and they’re paying for the privilege 

5 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Only 65 votes. Look at the comments on Facebook and Twitter. its mostly negative about the manager and of course the players. 

Jesus, if you're using Twitter and Facebook to form an opinion I'd give up

19 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It's a simplistic view that our supposedly qualified recruitment department adopted earlier this season.

As many strikers as possible = more goals. 

Exactly why oh why oh do we employ people when we've got ready made tactical wizards sat in the stands who could tell us all we need to know

gErrItForWaRd!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

My interpretation is that I wanted the manager to confirm what my assumptions have been on why we struggle to perform consistently. I thought MM did that to an extent and his message, to the board was that colossal damage has already been done in recruitment, before he ever got there.

I would hope the message to the board will have been delivered months ago. If he’s waited until Saturday to tell them I don’t think he’ll be here too much longer!

We all know the score regarding the inadequacies of this bloated squad, we didn’t need him to spell it out in quite so much detail.

I just don’t think he should have been quite so damning and overly negative towards his task going forward.

The club are trying to sell season tickets and this will definitely have a detrimental effect on sales……do you not agree?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What could he have said under the circumstances? DU got rinsed, and rightly so, for rolling his turd in glitter by patronising and gaslighting supporters in his pressers.

MM inherited a massively imbalanced squad, much worse than he understood when he took on the roll. It needs a lot of work doing to it. He’s going to have to be cute in the market and wheel and deal to get a team that resembles one that fans want to see.

There isn’t no middle ground here. The positivity I see is that it will get better, once people accept the situation for what it is. 

Along with the fact that contractually we have only 1 more season with most of those shitbag players. So there's 10-11 players that will be leaving this post season. Maybe make room in the budget to release another 4 or 5 and I think that would be a good start to the rebuild.

• Like 1

We can’t afford the 500,000 to pay the players off but probably afford to pay off Mellon if required.

Is there a management team available who can get a tune out of this squad with a couple of additions.

I was very much Mellon in but that interview yesterday was horrible. Reeling off the quality teams we’ve played in 10 games.

Has he forgotten about Kidderminster which was a massive game for the club, AFC Fylde, Woking, Wealdstone…..

12 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

We can’t afford the 500,000 to pay the players off but probably afford to pay off Mellon if required.

Is there a management team available who can get a tune out of this squad with a couple of additions.

I was very much Mellon in but that interview yesterday was horrible. Reeling off the quality teams we’ve played in 10 games.

Has he forgotten about Kidderminster which was a massive game for the club, AFC Fylde, Woking, Wealdstone…..

That's the problem if Mellon goes, who would want the job, knowing that they have the same shitbag players to work with. Also is there a manager out there who can get a tune out of the current shower of shit? That the club has a budget for. 

That at the most 4 previous managers failed to do.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Dear me Mellon is actually delusional if he thinks the season hasn't dropped away since Eastleigh, we were top of the form table prior but have since gone on an eleven game winless run which is up there amongst the worst in out history, it's not lazy journalism it's fucking facts, add to that team selections been a fucking raffle and he's employed tactics straight off Clayton playing fields, what's lazy is his inability to set a team up and keep sending them out to do the same mind numbing thing game after game. It's not difficult to see why he cant motivate given the way he's behaving lately, I'd probably down tools as well if I had to listen to that tripe day in day out.

Harps on about his impossible job but then crawls up everyone's arse, if you're gonna bleat like a bairn then at least tell us what your trying to say because it looks to me like he wants to blame every fucker but himself, he's almost making his position untenable with the stance he's taken the last couple of weeks and there has been absolutely nothing to be gained from the way he's going on if he's not looking to move on, all he's doing is making an impossible job even more difficult.

Of course there's shit going on but I have less faith than ever that he's the man to sort it out, for a start whose gonna play for him after the shit he's talked and I'm not spending a fucking penny whilst Captain fucking doom is in town.

Yes. As I said, confusing

Blames everybody and nobody at the same time.