Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get this about him - it's World Cup year. Surely he would have known he wasn't going to play. A move last summer could have seen him playing regularly and in the World Cup squad.

Instead he chose to sit on a bench and pick up a wage.

Don't get this about him - it's World Cup year. Surely he would have known he wasn't going to play. A move last summer could have seen him playing regularly and in the World Cup squad.

Instead he chose to sit on a bench and pick up a wage.

Don't forget this is the man who refused to be on standby for his country 2 years ago.

I think Richards is too much of a homer and lacks any ambition to go anywhere else.

2 seasons ago he made very few appearances and must have known that this season he would have made even less, also he knew the world cup was coming up and defensively England aren't exactly blessed with class players.

Yet he still refused to move and was happy to spend time doing little on the playing side.

In his position i would have asked for a move and pushed for a regular position and a chance of making the Brazil trip.

The management at city will want to keep him now more for the FFP rules than anything else and a few appearance promises will keep him there.

Don't count on any Brucie bonus coming our way from the transfer fee because this ambitionless lump of a calf strain is going nowhere !!!

Edited by losesome

I think Richards is too much of a homer and lacks any ambition to go anywhere else.

2 seasons ago he made very few appearances and must have known that this season he would have made even less, also he knew the world cup was coming up and defensively England aren't exactly blessed with class players.

Yet he still refused to move and was happy to spend time doing little on the playing side.

In his position i would have asked for a move and pushed for a regular position and a chance of making the Brazil trip.

Maybe he thought a change of manager could have seen him get more games this year.

Lacking ambition for wanting to stay with one of the worlds biggest clubs.

And do what , sit on his backside ?

obviously quite happy to stay for the cash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest club in the world or not , i would rather try and play regular at another "not so big club" than sit on my lazy backside !!

Lacking ambition for wanting to stay with one of the worlds biggest clubs.

What's the point in being there if you don't even get a medal at the end of the season and you've written off your chances of playing in a World Cup by not playing games?

He should have pushed for a loan move in January. Perhaps he did and City didn't let him.

Other than money, I can see no reason why he'd stay at City.

And do what , sit on his backside ?

obviously quite happy to stay for the cash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest club in the world or not , i would rather try and play regular at another "not so big club" than sit on my lazy backside !!

I'd rather play 25 games for Citeh and win trophies than play 50 for a Newcastle.

He's just unlucky to be behind a superb full back as Zabaleta who doesn't seem to ever get injured or lose form.

I'd rather play 25 games for Citeh and win trophies than play 50 for a Newcastle.

He's just unlucky to be behind a superb full back as Zabaleta who doesn't seem to ever get injured or lose form.

Yes if he COULD get 25 games for city ?

He hasn't even played enough this season for a medal !!!

Zabaleta will be there next season as well so what chance has he got - none

Edited by losesome

He'll be happy to sit around for another season collecting his sizeable wages, getting the odd Champions League game. Then his agent can get him a better deal in 2015 because the club bringing him in won't have to pay a transfer fee. He doesn't give a toss that we miss out on £2m or so.

He'll be happy to sit around for another season collecting his sizeable wages, getting the odd Champions League game. Then his agent can get him a better deal in 2015 because the club bringing him in won't have to pay a transfer fee. He doesn't give a toss that we miss out on £2m or so.

He's 25 he's coming upto his peak years he won't want to be kicking his heels in the reserves for much longer besides even if he goes to a mid ranking pl team he will easily be pocketing £40k a week and be actually playing every week. Don't forget the fact that he is not playing means he won't be entitled to any bonus's where as of he is playing he is, also he could get a signing on fee which could be a seven figure sum upfront.

If he went to Newcastle had a cracking season he could potentially be back in the England team and then potentially engineer himself another transfer to a team in the cl.

He's going this summer.

Edited by GlossopLatic