Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Watching him yesterday it seems to me that his antics on the touch line, designed to motivate the players, seemed to be having the opposite effect. 

He told maouche to play for the badge... Maouche Turned away and sulked to himself.

The issue here lies with the players.... You can carry lazy decent players who pop up with some magic here and there throughout a game. You can forgive lack of ability and carry a couple if you get a bit of heart and passion from them. 

This lot show no real work rate and no flashes of quality. They look like they don't care and have done since before DM. Couple that with a total lack of ability in most of them and we are doomed whoever takes charge. 

Personally I think Banny was more than happy to work under AL and Mo. I think he was nicey nicey with the players, I don’t imagine he was digging players out, and the obvious soft egos we’ve got could cope with that. I suspect everyone was on the same page in terms of structure. He leaves, which considering how they want to run the club is just baffling, and they replace him with the type of manager you would want as a fan. Looks and sounds like he cares, and is prepared to say as it is. The players obviously can’t handle it. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his first sighing is a British lad with bags of experience. I think Hamer /mills/woods/Wheater will enjoy playing for him. The only trouble for Dino is the vast majority are #frenchlads with no care for the club. Telling Maouche to play for the badge is pointless IMO. What does the Oldham badge mean to him? We are a wage. That’s it. Imagine playing in the french fourth division, and a manger screams at you in another language about ‘playing for the badge’ 😂

The only thing i can think of, is that AL and mo can see how fucked we are, and have decided to go back to to the old model. Otherwise why sack Banny and bring a ‘British type’ manager in? A type they have said they want to move away from. . 🙄

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Watching him yesterday it seems to me that his antics on the touch line, designed to motivate the players, seemed to be having the opposite effect. 

Most of the crowd even the placid ones were waving their arms and shouting at the players in frustration.

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The only trouble for Dino is the vast majority are #frenchlads with no care for the club. Telling Maouche to play for the badge is pointless IMO.

We've had plenty of english players over the years who didn't give a shit and didn't give their all. French or not is irrelevant. Missilou and Sylla give everything every game without needing to be told. The Frechlads have as much affinity with the club as all the UK lads apart from academy products 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We've had plenty of english players over the years who didn't give a shit and didn't give their all. French or not is irrelevant. Missilou and Sylla give everything every game without needing to be told. The Frechlads have as much affinity with the club as all the UK lads apart from academy products 

It isn't irrelevant though. Very few teams in the lower leagues have adopted such a policy, that can't be a coincidence.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

The regime will sack the manager whenever the attention on them starts getting uncomfortable - it distracts people, and gives them 2 or 3 weeks where people discuss other things, allowing some of the pressure to dissipate. Stunning how people can't see this.

I doubt that the pressure will dissipate if they sack yet another manager.

Al and Mo are clearly in the spotlight and only a sustained run of good results is going to change that for them.

Unfortunately, Dino’s bad cop routine really hasn’t worked with this bunch of wasters.

Maybe he’ll have to try giving them a hug with those big arms of his?

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Of course we have. My point is- you either go down the continental route, and put the structure in place. Which it looked like we were doing. Or you go the British route and support that. We have a continental squad with a ‘British’ style manager. It’s like oil and water. 

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Personally I think Banny was more than happy to work under AL and Mo. I think he was nicey nicey with the players, I don’t imagine he was digging players out, and the obvious soft egos we’ve got could cope with that. I suspect everyone was on the same page in terms of structure. He leaves, which considering how they want to run the club is just baffling, and they replace him with the type of manager you would want as a fan. Looks and sounds like he cares, and is prepared to say as it is. The players obviously can’t handle it. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his first sighing is a British lad with bags of experience. I think Hamer /mills/woods/Wheater will enjoy playing for him. The only trouble for Dino is the vast majority are #frenchlads with no care for the club. Telling Maouche to play for the badge is pointless IMO. What does the Oldham badge mean to him? We are a wage. That’s it. Imagine playing in the french fourth division, and a manger screams at you in another language about ‘playing for the badge’ 😂

The only thing i can think of, is that AL and mo can see how fucked we are, and have decided to go back to to the old model. Otherwise why sack Banny and bring a ‘British type’ manager in? A type they have said they want to move away from. . 🙄

Totally agree with this but AL and mo expect us to be higher up. They have no clue about style and continuity so have just gone for Dino as he did ok at Stevenage. In reality though they have replaced banide with a less experienced manager who is the opposite style of his predecessor.

i don’t think Dino is choosing the best way to manage the squad being very vocal but I do think he’s giving it his best shot. A 3rd manager before Xmas would be suicide so we have to stick with him and vent our anger at the board as it’s them who have created this dire situation. 

He is now back tracking on bringing players in in January. He's been told the budget is spent and players have to leave before he can bring any in. This is ridiculous use of the budget. There should always be some money kept back for January, just in case improvements need to be brought in, no matter how good the players are. Is the real reason that the Lemmys are about to get rid of Dino, or trying to make it so difficult for him that he walks?

If he walks or is sacked soon I’ll probably be joining the protest group. I’ve already decided Vale will be my last match of the year and that’s only because it was arranged ages ago. I’m not enjoying my football at all anymore😒

We simply cannot carry on this way!

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

He is now back tracking on bringing players in in January. He's been told the budget is spent and players have to leave before he can bring any in. This is ridiculous use of the budget. There should always be some money kept back for January, just in case improvements need to be brought in, no matter how good the players are. Is the real reason that the Lemmys are about to get rid of Dino, or trying to make it so difficult for him that he walks?

Or they’re simply running out of money?

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he walks or is sacked soon I’ll probably be joining the protest group. I’ve already decided Vale will be my last match of the year and that’s only because it was arranged ages ago. I’m not enjoying my football at all anymore😒

We simply cannot carry on this way!

We're already heading towards requiring a Shezzerection with only a third of the season gone 😒

In this crock of shit league

Dinos comments

"This is my hardest job. Because you inherit a group of players and you try and do the best with what we've got. It's very, very difficult I can't lie about it.

"I've got to say this. I think in the past a lot of players especially have been hiding behind the owner who has been getting a lot of slack and I think the players need to have a look at themselves first because it's almost like passing the buck really.

The first manager we had talked about a lack of quality the current manager is also talking about a lack of quality and character.

He also mentioned the amount of silly free kicks we are giving away. It was a stupid challenge by Sylla for the goal who is very clumsy and gives away alot of free kicks.

I think Dino misspoke when  he said slack, I think he meant to say stick. Which is a bit less critical than it sounded at first, and more aimed at the players.

"I've got to say this. I think in the past a lot of players especially have been hiding behind the owner who has been getting a lot of stick and I think the players need to have a look at themselves first because it's almost like passing the buck really"

8 minutes ago, singe said:

I think Dino misspoke when  he said slack, I think he meant to say stick. Which is a bit less critical than it sounded at first, and more aimed at the players.

"I've got to say this. I think in the past a lot of players especially have been hiding behind the owner who has been getting a lot of stick and I think the players need to have a look at themselves first because it's almost like passing the buck really"

He may have meant flak

7 minutes ago, singe said:

It’s so warped. The idea that players might be saying or implying, don’t shout at me or else I’ll tell the owner is sickening. 

Does Dino talking so honestly bring anyone any solace? 

The thing I like, (an he could be just be being clever or stupid ) is he seems to outing the players against the owner. He’s not saying they can’t play, he saying they have no heart. In framing in like that, he can say to AL, and Mo, ‘It’s not that you can’t pick a good player, they just have no commitment’ To me he’s very good at managing upwards, he just needs to improve on getting the best out of players he’s lambasting publicly. . . 🙈

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

The thing I like, (an he could be just be being clever or stupid ) is he seems to outing the players against the owner. He’s not saying they can’t play, he saying they have no heart. In framing in like that, he can say to AL, and Mo, ‘It’s not that you can’t pick a good player, they just have no commitment’ To me he’s very good at managing upwards, he just needs to improve on getting the best out of players he’s lambasting publicly. . . 🙈

A little but yes. He is trying to coerce the owners into changing their ways. I admire that he's trying to do the right thing in this respect. 

My overwhelming feeling is that his attempts to change players and the owner are going to end in failure as he's fighting against the tide.

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I'd rather he just set the team up well and we won some games.... 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

A little but yes. He is trying to coerce the owners into changing their ways. I admire that he's trying to do the right thing in this respect. 

My overwhelming feeling is that his attempts to change players and the owner are going to end in failure as he's fighting against the tide.

Yeah, probably. 

He sides with the players -he gets sacked. 

He sides with the AL he loses the dressing room- and gets sacked. 

Ffs. I’m opening a bottle of red. 

Archived