North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really couldn't give a flying fook if it takes an extra week or month to be ready.......its a thing of beauty when you see some of the :censored:e that has been built elsewhere

Some of the criticism is just short sightedness........long term sustainability required extra planning and flexibility......

We need a new stand and it's better than what was there. Thing of beauty? Come on...

Some people think wind turbines are beautiful! In comparison the North Stand will be a work of art. It will undoubtedly be an impressive building which will improve our match day experience. The Main Stand has been a faithful servant and I hope they can keep it open until a way is found to replace or refurbish.

I will be in the white block in the main stand. I wont be missing all the moaning girls who I hope have decended in droves to the new stand...

Dont be silly, they wont be going anywhere. Why should they move out of 'their' seat for anything??

We need a new stand and it's better than what was there. Thing of beauty? Come on...

Depends on what you are comparing it to.....it's no Sistine Chapel but compared to some of the stands that have been built by clubs at our level then I stand by my original comment.

Stand of course it was on back of Fryatt and Shaws goals and best discipline for season won it by miles. Thanks...

Only know about the water main as same lads worked on Under Lane for 12 weeks outside sons. UU had broken a culvert under road in 1997 causing 17 years of damage and 10 years of flooding in cellar,washing away ground and only got proof in September courtesy of OMBC highways help. UU tried to get out of responsibility..until a friends on TV tweeted it everywhere. Lads doing job really good blokes and laughing at still being in area. Reports of milky water on Thornley Lane. A small job became weeks of work replacing very old pipes with a section that was as described.

Blimey , not good for your son's house

Good on ombc for sorting it

We live a bit further down near old kiln lane , hope we don't get the same problem

I was a ball boy from 69 to 74 on that side of the ground and remember the diggers being there whilst building the new stand , and the night games in the Lancashire senior cup against City and Liverpool , plus many more in the 2 promotion years of 71 and 74

Good memories

Pitch relaid after installation of new drainage, Summer 1962.

18617526823_b23b0274c3_z.jpg

Picture courtesy of Pine Villa & Oldham Athletic, A 100 year Journey by Stewart W. Beckett.

Pitch relaid, Summer 2015.

19052048259_55fc1c8cfe_z.jpg

Picture courtesy of Oldham Event Centre Twitter.

The old Broadway stand is a similar size to the new one if that pictures anything to go by. If the weren't the boxes etc and the rood just covered the rows, reckon it'd look pretty similar.

The old Broadway stand is a similar size to the new one if that pictures anything to go by. If the weren't the boxes etc and the rood just covered the rows, reckon it'd look pretty similar.

The Broadway Stand's roof only covered the seats. As a kid, me and a mate used to perch on the perimeter wall as close to the halfway line as we could get, I don't remember ever getting wet though.

Side panels are going in today, at the end of the terraces. No pics, i just drove past earlier, but they are blue, as per the rrst of the structure. Had it in my head they were going to be glass/ clear.

Just driven past and they look good. It's all coming together.

I know it's a long shot but as I drove past today I was wondering whether they'd be making the Chadd and RRE the same shade of blue as the new stand. Those side panels need replacing or some graphics covering then up as well.

Archived