New Manager thread.

It's got to be someone cheap. That means Holden and Murray or someome who doesn't need the money but who wants to get into coaching/managing now he's had a break and this would be a great start/experience for him (and he lives local so we could at least pay his bus fare). Hmmmm. Who could that be?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the Scholes rumour has got legs this time...

What would it mean if he did come?

Would he bring a similarly high profile assistant with him?

Where would his signings come from? I don't imagine he knows that much about lower league players. Would he necessarily get any decent loans from United?

If it happens, and I think it could, the move will be as much about raising our profile to sell the club and/or help fill boxes, conferencing etc.. in the new stand as much as it would be a football decision...

And there's not necessarily anything wrong with that...

I reckon the Scholes rumour has got legs this time...

What would it mean if he did come?

Would he bring a similarly high profile assistant with him?

Where would his signings come from? I don't imagine he knows that much about lower league players. Would he necessarily get any decent loans from United?

If it happens, and I think it could, the move will be as much about raising our profile to sell the club and/or help fill boxes, conferencing etc.. in the new stand as much as it would be a football decision...

And there's not necessarily anything wrong with that...

I think maybe too. I am sure it would not be "leaked" and then we end up going for Dean Holden, that would be the anti climax of all time.

He played for Stockport v Oldham on 15th Feb 2003.

Cheap. Tick.

Never heard of him. Tick.

Barry Bosnian, on 25 Feb 2015 - 3:12 PM, said:snapback.png

TP has said before he doesn't want the job. I heard his right-hand man is in for it, some guy called Peter Wild.

Isn't Simon Cooper his right hand man? he holds a UEFA A license so is qualified to step in.

Head of Youth Development Tony Philliskirk

Head of Academy Coaching Simon Cooper

Academy YD Phase Coach Peter Wild

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/team/academy/index.aspx#Xl3LHyBa51VULXyd.99

Edited by BP1960

To be fair, it was him that started it :grin:

Also, someone called Iam Abrahams known as Moose tweeted early on this morning, which Mike Keegan retweeted. Mike may have got it form him. But I have seen his posts from time to time. He has been known to be spot on. London based.

Mike Keegan said he has put in a call to Scholes people and they are normally vey fast to deny knowledge of anything tht isnt true. Unusally he has not had a responce as yet which is why he thinks it may have legs.

he also said we hae had 17 notifications of interest before the LJ news was official

Mike Keegan said he has put in a call to Scholes people and they are normally vey fast to deny knowledge of anything tht isnt true. Unusally he has not had a responce as yet which is why he thinks it may have legs. he also said we hae had 17 notifications of interest before the LJ news was official

Yes but 14 of those came from Chaddy_Ender

Mike Keegan said he has put in a call to Scholes people and they are normally vey fast to deny knowledge of anything tht isnt true. Unusally he has not had a responce as yet which is why he thinks it may have legs. he also said we hae had 17 notifications of interest before the LJ news was official

Who pays most out of those 17 gets the job. Corney logic is quite basic.

Good to know they got my emails.