Shez - "I need five or six players"

2 hours ago, singe said:

Matt Chambers is certain we won't have any additions to the squad for tommorow.

I know where my money would go.

Yes. That Chron article is a pretty clear indication that the goal posts have moved. Where as Shez was saying he knows who he wants and he'll get them in soon a couple of weeks ago, he's now still saying he knows who he wants but doesn't know if he can get them, but he certainly won't do unless someone leaves first.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Good summary. Shambolic planning in any club, why us?. Oh money???? Approaching 4th serious game with a keeper we aren't sure about being here in Jan and talk of needing 5/6 players. THEN need to build confidence? Need to put a shift in more important , honest graft.

I was just thinking about money, I was going to suggest maybe the club should ask fans if they could use the unclaimed scoreboard funds I have no idea of the amount, but then I thought it's probably been absorbed now as we were past the deadline for claims

or if us fans can remember to use the online shopping services called easyfundraising that gives a kickback to playershare. This can be food, services, travel, ebay etc. Over 300 retailers on there. You never know when the manger may ask for funds to bring a player in. Cheers

Edited by underdog

11 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Well I don't know about all of you but I have been surprised by the last two signings given the circumstances.  A goal keeper, just the one, and a tiny unfit Belgium winger.  Surprise!

I'm not they are probably paying zero for the keeper (if we play him) and buttons for the Belgium lad.

The likes of Northampton and Wimbledon are making decent signings. There are players out there. Matt Grimes and Harry Forrester, in case you were wondering.

Makes our situation look pretty bleak and feels like we're being left behind.

Even Chesterfield being linked with a few from Wigan inc. Perkins...

Edited by LaticsLegend

17 hours ago, OldHallam said:

talk of needing 5/6 players. THEN need to build confidence? Need to put a shift in more important , honest graft.

Its over to you Shez.

We have a goalie, although not as good as Ripley, decent enough.

We have 2 expensive (I would think) centre backs with an experienced right back and a left back chosen by you.

We have a choice of strikers none of whom are prolific but certainly good enough for the 3rd division.

Sort out the midfield 4 or 5 and get on with it and shut up moaning.

56 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Re the Haitian keeper.  Has he got some other passport as can't imagine the work permit would be easy to come by if not?

He's got a French passport. He has 7 caps for France U21s.

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

The likes of Northampton and Wimbledon are making decent signings. There are players out there. Matt Grimes and Harry Forrester, in case you were wondering.

Thought that when i read Grimes had moved on loan to Northampton, some talent him.

Dont think i have heard a rumour all summer of us getting a lad on loan, even though i wouldnt want a squad of loanees teams like ourselves need a couple because we cant go out and buy/pay fees for many.

Its early in the season but starting to feel a tad disillusioned already and feel this could be one season too many for us.

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

It's disappointing to hear that Grimes has gone to a similar type of club to us.  He's just had a bad loan spell at Leeds but his physicality is the issue not his technical ability.  When played deep in midfield he's a very similar player to Matt Palmer.

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Has anyone seen Jason Oswell of Stockport County?..9 goals already this season and 51 in the last 2 Welsh Premier league seasons.

"Newtown's leading marksman Jason Oswell is set to miss the end of season Play-Offs for a chance of UEFA Europa League Qualifier football.

Oswell has amassed 22 goals so far this season, including three hat-tricks, and is now on the cusp of winning the golden boot award.

However the Robins were dealt a blow, when it was announced he will miss the play-offs due to a long standing commitment to his job.

Chris Hughes announced on Sgorio after Friday's win that Oswell has a commitment that he has to meet, relating to his final placement of his degree in Physiotherapy.

Oswell will be going out to Uganda with a charity called Knowledge for Change, and will be working at Kyaninga Child Development Centre."

Concentrating on getting his degree rather than football would help explain why he has failed to kick on at a higher level so far. However, because he has now finished that degree (Salford uni) and has just signed for Stockport last month might mean he is serious about giving his career one last chance like Matt Smith did.