Ex players and that

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Absolutely he did and I blame him and flat cap more than anyone but those who choose to blame the manager seem to focus on Wellens.

1 more point from either of them would have seen us safe - and the latter at least dragged us from bottom of the league - super Shez gets far too much leeway for me 

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Quite. As did Lemsagam/Corney/Placide/Moimbe/Doyle/Davies/Gardner/Byrne - the list goes on. But RW takes most of the blame for me...

Without the goals of Davies and Doyle and Byrne we would have just gone down sooner so to put the blame on them is harsh 

your bitterness at the current situation (which we all have) really  seems to cloud your every post these days 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Without the goals of Davies and Doyle and Byrne we would have just gone down sooner so to put the blame on them is harsh 

your bitterness at the current situation (which we all have) really  seems to cloud your every post these days 

Yeah, mebs. But one more goal from any of those mentioned above to have given us one more win wasn't too much to ask for surely...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yeah, mebs. But one more goal from any of those mentioned above to have given us one more win wasn't too much to ask for surely...

Ive no doubt Doyle would have done just that had he not been inconsiderate enough to get a blood clot 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Quite. As did Lemsagam/Corney/Placide/Moimbe/Doyle/Davies/Gardner/Byrne - the list goes on. But RW takes most of the blame for me...

I dont blame anyone but the players. We had a good enough squad individually to be top half that season. But they couldn't be arsed. No way we should have lost as many points as we did, whoever was in charge 

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

If Placide had missed the coach to Northampton we would have stayed up!!!! The clown gave goal after goal away . If you have a striker who scores 20 goals you will be alight or even do well. If you have a keeper who gives 20 goals away you are stuffed

44 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

If Placide had missed the coach to Northampton we would have stayed up!!!! The clown gave goal after goal away . If you have a striker who scores 20 goals you will be alight or even do well. If you have a keeper who gives 20 goals away you are stuffed

What if the keeper has a tendency to be alight..?

56 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

Remember everyone thinking he’s world class because he did a cruyff turn. Fucking barmy 

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Remember everyone thinking he’s world class because he did a cruyff turn. Fucking barmy 

I don't think there was 1 person who thought he was world class, eccentric maybe but he was an upgrade on Cornell. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

That game I thought he was brilliantly entertaining. He did as well as other keepers with his hands and far better with his feet. That changed when he lost his mum. It's not "fucking barmy" to want to be entertained. 

Doyle's season took a similar downturn after his illness. 

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

he was ok. Some strengths catching a lot of crosses, kicking and shot stopping was ok. Too eccentric at times but we’ve had a lot worse. Woods and Walker for example 

• Like 1

lno but he was badmouthin Shez 😍 

l did used to get quite astounded at some of his beliefs. l do get now that he doesn't actually believe it, he just gets a weird thrill out of contradicting himself and making himself out to be a complete shmuck.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Not true. Part of why Shez left was he worked hard to get Farrell in and then ALMO brought in Placide wo telling him. You probably already knew this.

Umm..Peacock Farrell is sent back in July. Ben Wilson is then brought in and several weeks later Placide comes in .The reality  is that Shez was messing about wanting Ripley and made a point by sending Peacock Farrell back and wound up with Wilson and the Placide

4 hours ago, Wednesday said:

Umm..Peacock Farrell is sent back in July. Ben Wilson is then brought in and several weeks later Placide comes in .The reality  is that Shez was messing about wanting Ripley and made a point by sending Peacock Farrell back and wound up with Wilson and the Placide

Placide after his mother passed away was a completely different player starting with Carlisle away. Some of the performances before then were superb. Pompey away, bury at home two standouts for me. 

• Like 1