Ex players and that

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Safe to say his football league experiment hasn’t worked out quite the way he would have wanted.

Thought he looked good when he played for us but clearly Bradford didn’t for them 

I thoroughly enjoyed his spell with us. He was never a lone striker. He played better dropping back, pulling the strings and coming through on the blind side. He an pass, create and finish is stunning fashion, but he was never a lone striker. Poor Bradford management.

• Like 1

The guy is technically excellent but has neither the desire or passion to give his all for the team.

He may well have had a bust up but he was on our bench or injured more often than not and the fact that the same thing has happened at Bradford confirms it.

Very good footballer but just can’t be arsed!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

The guy is technically excellent but has neither the desire or passion to give his all for the team.

He may well have had a bust up but he was on our bench or injured more often than not and the fact that the same thing has happened at Bradford confirms it.

Very good footballer but just can’t be arsed!!

He comes across that way, but I don't think that is the problem. In a 4 2 3 1 he should play in the centre of the 3. 

8 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He comes across that way, but I don't think that is the problem. In a 4 2 3 1 he should play in the centre of the 3. 

We scored 15 goals in the last four games. 

He’s certainly wasnt needed here. 

His big issue is that he didn't wave his arms enough and celebrate enthusiastically enough to keep certain fans happy.

Nothing wrong with his contribution or attitude.  He was dropping back trying to make things happen when other players had let their heads drop.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 6:56 PM, LaticsPete said:

Thought that was a well written piece.

Rowe has goals in him- just needs to be used right. Not sure we did but he still scored a few beauties.

I was disappointed when he went, but there are more goals in this side than I expected.

Thanks for the memories Dan, good luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Got to hand it to the management team. Incredible turnaround. Hamer needed the change and it’s worked, pleased for him. 

And we're left with nobody that really approaches being a home grown first team regular despite the strategy (ha!) of focusing on the academy.   Hope we have a sell on clause....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And we're left with nobody that really approaches being a home grown first team regular despite the strategy (ha!) of focusing on the academy.   Hope we have a sell on clause....

I wonder if Keith Curle will use the final two games to give one or two from the Academy a start? 

There are four or five who could/should feature:

Vaughan

Da Silva

Luamba

Hough

Sutton

All have been in and around the first team squad this season. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I wonder if Keith Curle will use the final two games to give one or two from the Academy a start? 

There are four or five who could/should feature:

Vaughan

Da Silva

Luamba

Hough

Sutton

All have been in and around the first team squad this season. 

As per my post none approaches being a first team regular .  Have any of them actually played a full 90 minutes in a league game?  Until there is some sort of intermediate level between youth and first team I can't see the number breaking through as being anything other than very small indeed.  If that's the case then the function of the academy is more to produce young prospects such as the lad who went to Liverpool earlier this year (aged 12 I think) than to provide a path to the first team.

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As per my post none approaches being a first team regular .  Have any of them actually played a full 90 minutes in a league game?  Until there is some sort of intermediate level between youth and first team I can't see the number breaking through as being anything other than very small indeed.  If that's the case then the function of the academy is more to produce young prospects such as the lad who went to Liverpool earlier this year (aged 12 I think) than to provide a path to the first team.

As per my post I wonder if Curle will give any of the named academy players a start in either of the remaining games?

You are correct in that none have played 90 minutes in a league game. Sutton and Hough have done so in the Papa John’s and Luamba did start Away at Grimsby. 

Surely one or two will be given a chance? 

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As per my post I wonder if Curle will give any of the named academy players a start in either of the remaining games?

You are correct in that none have played 90 minutes in a league game. Sutton and Hough have done so in the Papa John’s and Luamba did start Away at Grimsby. 

Surely one or two will be given a chance? 

I'd guess so but such a massive leap from youth football to league football.  Wracking my brains for who was the last before Hamer to really make the transition.  I think it's probably Edmondson so none at all under the current regime.

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd guess so but such a massive leap from youth football to league football.  Wracking my brains for who was the last before Hamer to really make the transition.  I think it's probably Edmondson so none at all under the current regime.

It is a leap, but If you’re good enough, you’re good enough. We’ll only know that by giving them a chance- I’d have thought these last two games are an ideal opportunity. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It is a leap, but If you’re good enough, you’re good enough. We’ll only know that by giving them a chance- I’d have thought these last two games are an ideal opportunity. 

I'm not disagreeing - I'm expressing a lack of confidence based on recent history