Swindon Town (A)

Take a point.  Clean through at the end..... would of done the same if I was the Swindon lad, would of expected an Oldham player to do likewise to be fair.

We never looked like conceding, they played in front of us, we cleared our lines, rinse and repeat.

MOM,  young George, didn't put a foot wrong, Clarke had a few last ditch tackles also.  Defence is solid.

Edited by deckyd

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah. Fancy picking three forwards ?. Bunn out.

Two of whom won't score a dozen between them if they started every game this season.

Bit of a one man team at the moment and by the week the manager is coming across as clueless.

Edited by yarddog73

5 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

So which other forwards should he have picked? Have we got some prolific goal scorer hidden somewhere?

No but you just know playing that system with them players was going to see us struggle to register, Miller and O'Grady up front as a pairing for me is a joke, when Surridge is out we don't even look like scoring and starting Baxter on the bench again is the biggest joke of all.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

There you go Monty.

Yeah I can read. Can’t see any predictions. Can see a negatively tinged opinion as to what the possible tactics are, but no predictions.

Typing prediction three times has just made me remember I haven’t done the prediction league ?

Are you in that? Big points for you today?

You've got to have something about you to have an away record of W2 D3 L0, conceding only 1 (!!!) goal in the process. Got to be pleased with that.

If we'd picked up a few more points at home, we'd be ahead of this really tight pack, instead of just being at the right end of it.

But on the other hand, it's good we've picked up the points we have or we'd be milling about in midtable.

I think we've got the staying power to outlast some of these teams around us though, our toughness will pay dividends when the weather and pitches get worse.

Little stat for you, only once have we conceded the last goal of the game so far. (Newport) Keep that up and we'll rack up the points.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe I used the wrong word but I'm not his biggest fan.

I can’t understand how anyone can have formed a negative opinion at this stage. He’s a new manager, in his first job, taking on a club immediately after relegation. We’ve got 16 points from the first 10 games, four clean sheets and remain unbeaten away from home. 

On what basis are you (and others) not a fan?

100% agree...some will never be happy when there’s not too much to moan about.

We have a great chance at long last to move forward and with a management team who are clearly fans of our club. There is definitely a feel good factor building both on and off the field and long may it continue.

It’s a bloody long time since I actually looked forward to rocking up at BP!!