and Staff.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Primarily we are football fans and yes we care about the results first.

However

We will not keep up any good form on the pitch if we have a shitstorm off it it is inevitable that results will tail off.

Will that keep people off the owners back yes in the short term but all theses problems will come back to him when the shit hits the fan.

Does that make fans fickle you could say so but I think it would be unfair on any owner if we just kept having a go even when we are winning.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the ground running this season however if we did I can see it going the way of Paul Dickovs first season in charge 10/11 where we just can't sustain a good start and had to loan out Dale Stephens on the cheap to keep the club alive and we end up only avoiding relegation. Thats the best I think that will happen this year, and that won't be enough to turn the club around.

For us to be finishing 17th 18th in league 2 is a total failure in fact every season we don't finish in the top 7 in league 2 is a failure. Some people still haven't got used to this idea that we should be a bigger hitter at this level. 17th and 18th in league 1 is sort of acceptable if we have a very limited budget 17th and 18th in league 2 is abject failure regardless of budget.

Good post. 

I think you’re probably right. A winning run would quieten the mob, but only temporarily. As soon as that run ended the knives would be out again. The sustained success required for fans to forget about the off field or give him a chance is beyond us, for the simple reason that he can’t keep his nose out. 

That being said. Any improvement is still welcome. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

No matter how anyone tries to spin it, 3,000 ton750nis a disaster when very few other clubs have shown a major drop.

We've ve had 3,000  for several years, more after relegation to L2. 

Not seen that sort of drop anywhere, even if there is relegation involved. 

As already mentioned on here, this anniversary season has been a massive opportunity missed by the club to reach out to the fans. 

It would of been a small step but selling season tickets at £125 would of been a great gesture and would of helped improve the clubs imagine.

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Can see S/T sales being around 750 with all the uncertainty 

Read somewhere that Stockport had sold 1,000 a few weeks back 

It’ll be interesting to see if DMaarms insider information continues or dries up

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

I bet Stockport have sold more than 600 season tickets. 

47 minutes ago, tGWB said:

read they had sold 1,000 a few weeks back tbf

Sorry for asking you to repeat yourself 😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, singe said:

No matter how anyone tries to spin it, 3,000 ton750nis a disaster when very few other clubs have shown a major drop.

We've ve had 3,000  for several years, more after relegation to L2. 

Not seen that sort of drop anywhere, even if there is relegation involved. 

Seen on Twitter that you’re having a mare of a day mate.  Hope your train troubles get resolved.

It should be totally obvious though the reason why ST sales are way down at Latics compared to the majority of other Clubs.

Anyone buying a ST for any team is taking a massive leap of faith at the moment.  All things being equal, you would see similar take up throughout the leagues.

Stockport are owned by a local businessman who is looking to invest.  Carlisle are owned by a consortium of local businessmen.  I don’t know the ins and outs but I’d guess that fans at those clubs are prepared to “help out” in buying STs that may not get used this Season.

Compare that to Latics (and a few others) where the owners are very unpopular.  Most of us want the AL regime out of our Club.  So why would ST sales be anything like previous or comparable to better run Clubs?

I agree that the ST sales are a disaster for AL but the reason why is totally “understandable” and requires no spin.

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, Behind Closed Doors said:

In post less  than 2 years so very little in the way of employment rights?

On 9/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, unsworth blue said:

Another industrial tribunal on way methinks

On 9/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, LaticMark said:

If you started your job or after April 6 2012 you can only make a claim for unfair dismissal if you've worked for your employer for more than two years. NA was in post for just over 15 months.

FWIW IIRC the 2 year in service requirement doesn't apply in any cases with alleged discrimination. 

I doubt Barry's comments about people going to Employment Tribunal because its free (after an attempt by a recent government to make it cost £1000) would be taken too kindly. 

I'd wager NA is also aware of the actual outcome of at least one of the Employment Tribunals the club has been involved in as it was decided during her time at the club. 

That being said she may have had a fixed-term or probation period to her job. The poor ticket sales and lack of being awarded the family club thing by the EFL, which surprised me, may also have had an effect on her standing. Even though she isn't responsible for the first. 

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Seen on Twitter that you’re having a mare of a day mate.  Hope your train troubles get resolved.

It should be totally obvious though the reason why ST sales are way down at Latics compared to the majority of other Clubs.

Anyone buying a ST for any team is taking a massive leap of faith at the moment.  All things being equal, you would see similar take up throughout the leagues.

Stockport are owned by a local businessman who is looking to invest.  Carlisle are owned by a consortium of local businessmen.  I don’t know the ins and outs but I’d guess that fans at those clubs are prepared to “help out” in buying STs that may not get used this Season.

Compare that to Latics (and a few others) where the owners are very unpopular.  Most of us want the AL regime out of our Club.  So why would ST sales be anything like previous or comparable to better run Clubs?

I agree that the ST sales are a disaster for AL but the reason why is totally “understandable” and requires no spin.

I’ve bought a ST and, you’re right, it is an act of faith. It’s also one that I feel gives the club a better chance of survival than boycotting. Personal choice and belief. The lack of sales shows the 600 are a minority and, as you say, that doesn’t need explaining. 
I would be pleased if AL left soon and if the boycott helped bring that about then fair play. I presume that everyone who is following that line of action is also refusing to buy ifollow passés as money from these also goes to the club. So only non boycott boys ( and girls) will be able to watch the performances...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Cheers, I got here in the end!

I agree pretty obvious, some are trying to say it's all Covid, but if we had not had so many problems then things might be a bit more stable, it's the issue after issue for 3 years this has built up over some time.

We could have tugged ont he heartstrings, but for too many the straw that broke the camels back already happened, it's just pikcing out which issue it is.
You have to hope the new CEO is an attempt at a new direction and strategy, and hope it's enough. But the ball is in the powers that be's court now, not the fans of course. I fear it's merely a changing of the deck chairs on the Titanic though.

• Like 1

Interesting change of tack possibly.

Selim Benachour is Tunisian, fluent in French, English, Spanish and Portugese, floating around a season or two at a time then in some of the more far flung areas of Europe and Asia but Champions League teams.

Was 3rd tier Romanian manager.

No experience of Youth teams, but it could indicate an influx of youths from around Europe.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Interesting change of tack possibly.

Selim Benachour is Tunisian, fluent in French, English, Spanish and Portugese, floating around a season or two at a time then in some of the more far flung areas of Europe and Asia but Champions League teams.

Was 3rd tier Romanian manager.

No experience of Youth teams, but it could indicate an influx of youths from around Europe.

Dino was Tunisian too - didn’t help him 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

I’ve bought a ST and, you’re right, it is an act of faith. It’s also one that I feel gives the club a better chance of survival than boycotting. Personal choice and belief. The lack of sales shows the 600 are a minority and, as you say, that doesn’t need explaining. 
I would be pleased if AL left soon and if the boycott helped bring that about then fair play. I presume that everyone who is following that line of action is also refusing to buy ifollow passés as money from these also goes to the club. So only non boycott boys ( and girls) will be able to watch the performances...

I hope to meet you one day in the Main Stand Pete and as always, you make valid points.  The answer to Singe was really to highlight that the truth can often be more powerful than hyperbole and there are valid factors for the massive drop in sales.

For personal reasons, I’ll be travelling back to Oldham more often in the coming months and as my boys are now young men, one of the best ways I get to spend fun and quality time with them is watching football.  It’s always a bit of a trek for us so we tend to make a weekend of it and had some memorable trips to away games last season.  I never saw us win, witnessed precious few Latics goals but I’m still smiling when remembering days out at Forest Green, Crewe, Leyton Orient etc. and some epic drunken nights as part of the package in Swindon, Birmingham, Manchester and London.

Because of my views regarding AL, I chose to boycott home games last year but as it’s highly unlikely we will get admitted to away grounds this season (and after drunkenly agreeing to buy a ST for middle son’s birthday), I’ve bought (a family of) four for 2020/ 21.  I may never get to use them and probably won’t get to all the games but for me, it’s the only way I’ll get to watch Latics live this season as capacity is bound to be significantly restricted.  I’m lucky as I am able to make that choice but I know that many aren’t.

Some will criticise and a few may call me a scab.  At the end of the day though, this is about family for me.  Latics will be here long after AL has departed and while I would really love to see him starved out, I think his actions show that he’s prepared to haemorrhage money rather than cut his losses.

Anyway, I want to spend time with family and hopefully, have a few more weekends in Manchester.  It wasn’t an easy decision but I can live with it and am looking forward to the first game that we are allowed to attend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

I renewed because I’ve got a great seat in the Main Stand and yes, I suppose it’s a gamble given the precarious state of the club but they’re my team and it’s what I do.