Walsall tuesday

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I wasn’t there but it seems you’re gonna keep focusing on the negative after a two nil victory and repeatedly bore us with it ? 

Yeah fair enough. Class win that lads. Up to 20th now! Up the Oldham.. 

Na I’m not usually negative actually about Oldham and if you look at previous posts, albeit not on this thread, I’m generally pretty positive. We where honestly really poor tonight until a moment of stupidity from there player. Am I happy we got 3 points of course I was and I celebrated and happy we have. I hope we win the next 10 games and get into the playoffs, but from what I saw tonight it will never happy as we where poor. That’s all. 

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Also I thought McCann looked good tonight showed a little bit of composure on the ball. Not like a Sheridan, or Wellens type of ball playing ability. But abit more than what we have seen in the middle so far this season which helped us maintain possession better.

Now this is a positive, we didn’t need Sylla running around tonight, and it was because McCann actually to some extent controlled the game. Great stuff, hopefully people realise this is what we need, not a long legged marathon runner. 

32 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Some people really have me speechless. We won 2-0 tonight. New formation that we've all been asking for. Both strikers scored. Zeus had one maybe two shots that he actually had to make an effort to save. It was against 10 men yes, but I'm sure Wilson would have ran clear and scored had their player not handballed it. It wasnt an amazing performance, it wasnt a performance to say wow, but it was professional and very comfortable. A good win. Yet people on here still moaning 

You’re spot on. I said the other day that some people aren’t happy unless they’re moaning. It’s like they just refuse to see any positives at all!

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Now this is a positive, we didn’t need Sylla running around tonight, and it was because McCann actually to some extent controlled the game. Great stuff, hopefully people realise this is what we need, not a long legged marathon runner. 

Yes his positional sense helped the 4-4-2 formation. The players actually seemed to know their roles tonight. Not sure how Maouche now fits into this set up.

This win is a positive obviously, I didn't go (lost the will) but when I saw the two nil I had to do a double take because I actually expect us to lose now. That's how shite its become.

Take the positives from this tonight but lets not forget where we are for goodness sake.

For this to mean anything it needs to be replicated in the next game, and the one after etc.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Swings and roundabouts, as they say. Mansfield beat nine men. 
A relief to get a win, at last with a tough game to come at Vale though and I hope that bloody Tom Pope doesn't play.

In a week when a sibling passed away through the Big C, it's maybe a bit strange to say that I can find a modicum of joy in a Latics win. 

Really sorry for your loss.  Take care bud.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well the sending off did change it. However after that I thought we were excellent we took control of the game completely which considering we've been on such a bad run is commendable. We also passed the ball well and as result kept control of the ball and of the game. Both strikers got on the score sheet which was great and good to see some academy lads come on and make their debuts.

No negativity from me tonight Im having a whisky before bed to celebrate.

Spot on, let’s keep the same team for Saturday, good to see the young lads come on and show pure passion, the 15year old showed some good touches and was very pacy up front while putting himself about a bit which was a joy to watch 👍

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Also I thought McCann looked good tonight showed a little bit of composure on the ball. Not like a Sheridan, or Wellens type of ball playing ability. But abit more than what we have seen in the middle so far this season which helped us maintain possession better.

you could see with Mcann that he has played at a higher level decent balance in that midfield tonight and i would keep the same 11 on Saturday.. 

8 hours ago, Wardie said:

Swings and roundabouts, as they say. Mansfield beat nine men. 
A relief to get a win, at last with a tough game to come at Vale though and I hope that bloody Tom Pope doesn't play.

In a week when a sibling passed away through the Big C, it's maybe a bit strange to say that I can find a modicum of joy in a Latics win. 

Sorry for your loss, it puts everything into perspective, remember the good times it always helps. 

1 minute ago, astottie said:

Thought the ref was the best I've seen for ages. Got everything spot on.

Not sure if its because we were winning and they didn't need something to moan about, but the commentary team managed 90 minutes without slagging the ref off! Although they did in the 93rd minute when Missilou went down 😭

Mccann was excellent, really steady, positionally excellent. That team away at Vale on Saturday should see us get 3 points if we play on front foot again. Think Wilson did his best and took his chance well. Desires first touch isnt the best but he was also busy. It meant we were quite high up the pitch also, but before the sending off we were quite evenly matched.

I will take boring 1-0/2-0 wins for the rest of the season, its not like we are playing good football when we are losing!

Well, I'll take that

First half was poor, but given the strikers we've got and how they play, I think we should stick with 442 and let it bed in. 

Walsall were bad, but having two quick strikers to deal with meant their defence couldn't push up, and we got more turnover of possession in midfield. 

Who told Iacovitti last night that he was really Roberto Carlos?

We need an outlet on the right wing though. Morais was basically static from the 70th minute on - every time the ball came to him it was straight back to Hamer (who had a good match). 

The defence need to get on McCann's wavelength too - a couple of times we nearly ended up in trouble as he passed it back to them. It'll come with match time. 

A few more through balls to the front two instead of glory shots from 25m, and I think we'll start seeing points again. 

Archived